PDA

View Full Version : Flash Car Wash Unit - Good or Bad?

yorky
13th November 2006, 08:47
Hi guys

Has anybody had any experience with the Flash 'Autodry' Car Wash Unit?

http://www.freshliving.com/flashcarwash/home.htm

Am thinking of getting one and there's a fiver off them at the local supermarket. I already have a long hose :cool: so only need the unit & thought it pretty cheap at £15.00 but is it any good?

so am I being lazy :D or is it a good idea?

Any further info welcome

Steve (YORKY) :D

Mike
13th November 2006, 10:01
All reports say these are good stuff. the only issue I've heard is that the major retailers are running down stocks so that future availability may be a problem. for cleaning your new car they are the DB's so grab them while you can :D

hth

Mike

Ken
13th November 2006, 10:06
A relative bought one when they first came out and he swears by it. I have never used it as I prefer the get down and dirty way :lol: I may try it in a few more years if the joints start to play up ;)

Ken

ColinB
13th November 2006, 17:32
I've got one and it really does work. Best thing about it is you don't have to chammy the car because it dries streak free. Worst thing is we have a hosepipe ban!:(

Nomis
13th November 2006, 17:46
All well and good but to do the job properly surely you will have to get the chamois on the inside of the doors and boot?

Simon.

chris75
13th November 2006, 19:21
I'm using one too and it really is good . The autodry bit leaves a lovely finish , but it would indeed be a bit messy on the inside doors and boot !

davehockley
13th November 2006, 21:17
I've been using one of these for about a year and I swear by it. It gives an excellent finish in the shortest possible time with no leathering. Recommended!

Mike
13th November 2006, 21:21
I've been using one of these for about a year and I swear by it. It gives an excellent finish in the shortest possible time with no leathering. Recommended!

Hi Dave,

Changed your car? That Firefrost colour looks stunning!

Mike :)

Simon
13th November 2006, 21:35
Call me old fashioned but I think the good ol' sponge, chamois and old tea towel approach is best.

Its really relaxing spending the majority of the day cleaning and polishing/waxing the car. Then carefully cleaning and hoovering the interior. Then wiping over all inside boot/door/bonnet pannel work.... Then wiping over engine components.... Then polishing alloys.... Then applying tyre dressing.... Then ensuring windows are smear-free.... Then....

Errr...

I think I'm obsessed. :drool4:

T-Cut
13th November 2006, 21:50
I've always used a MiracleGro plant food dispenser to spray shampoo solution, but the deioniser is an interesting idea. I'll check out the Refill price next time I'm in Tesco. The polymer additive in the shampoo is fairly old technology (wash'n'wax type of system) but using deionised water has to be why it gets a nice finish without leathering. Deionising systems are usually quite expensive so it's surprising you can get ten washes with a hosepipe from the refill pack, which must have a realistic price to sell in millions. Maybe it would double-up as a deionised water source for radiators and maybe even batteries at a pinch.

davehockley
14th November 2006, 01:37
Hi Dave,

Changed your car? That Firefrost colour looks stunning!

Mike :)
Hi Mike,
Yes, I upgraded to red a few weeks ago because I was jealous of yours!

Dave

jaffo
26th November 2006, 16:34
i dont bother with putting the special shampoo in the flash gun,it just uses too much.put it in a bucket instead and its very good shampoo.the autodry feature is ace though and leaves a lovely finish,even on the windows.and theres nothing to stop you chamoising the doors,boot and under bonnet as well!
incidentally i bought some cheapo tesco car wash shampoo the other day(£0.79 per 500ml) and its very good with loads of foam!

windrush
27th November 2006, 14:56
Call me old fashioned but I think the good ol' sponge, chamois and old tea towel approach is best.

Its really relaxing spending the majority of the day cleaning and polishing/waxing the car. Then carefully cleaning and hoovering the interior. Then wiping over all inside boot/door/bonnet pannel work.... Then wiping over engine components.... Then polishing alloys.... Then applying tyre dressing.... Then ensuring windows are smear-free.... Then....

Errr...

I think I'm obsessed. :drool4:

A man after my own heart