PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cut-off reset button - where?

HarryM1BYT
23rd June 2010, 16:07
The handbook says it is behind the glove box, but I have not been able to find it. I like to ensure I know where things are, should I need them. If it makes any difference, it is a 2004 MkII CDTi.

pab
23rd June 2010, 17:24
above the passenger side fuse box on the left hand side,shine a torch in there and you will see it.

HarryM1BYT
23rd June 2010, 20:22
Thanks I have now found both it and the spare fuses. I would hate to be stuck at the side of the road in the dark trying to find either of these items just with the help of the drivers handbook.

For future reference:-

The cut off reset switch is mounted alongside the glove box/ on the back of the inner wing panel and hidden behind a quite thick wiring loom. You can just make out two wires in a plug, where they disappear behind the loom into the base of the switch. You need to reach your fingers over the top of the loom to find the reset button.

The spare fuses are in the black section of the fuse panel the one which carries the relays and a fuse extractor implement. The two red sections are the 'in use' fuses.

chrissyboy
23rd June 2010, 21:14
Thanks I have now found both it and the spare fuses. I would hate to be stuck at the side of the road in the dark trying to find either of these items just with the help of the drivers handbook.

For future reference:-

The cut off reset switch is mounted alongside the glove box/ on the back of the inner wing panel and hidden behind a quite thick wiring loom. You can just make out two wires in a plug, where they disappear behind the loom into the base of the switch. You need to reach your fingers over the top of the loom to find the reset button.

The spare fuses are in the black section of the fuse panel the one which carries the relays and a fuse extractor implement. The two red sections are the 'in use' fuses.

now thats what im talking about :D i must say that this is great that you asked where to find things and having found then did a quick guide on where to find them, in my opinion it makes it so much easier for members to find things /or do things on there cars ,well done sir ;)

HarryM1BYT
23rd June 2010, 21:33
Just call me obsessively inquisitive :}

chrissyboy
23rd June 2010, 21:43
Just call me obsessively inquisitive :}

had you read something like this ,would you not of found it much easier ..;)