PDA

View Full Version : Misfire and tinkle

Skud Kid
13th November 2006, 16:58
Please help, i have owned a zt 160+ kv6 for about 3 weeks and have had a misfire. The car has been in and had the plugs replaced but the car still misfires and idels rough. The car idles about 500rpm even after the plugs
Sometimes the car is quick and other times its slower than my grannys zimmer

Also when the car is idling i can here the tapets, lifters is this normal in such a big engine, the engine only has 30000 miles on it and its a 03 car

What does your car idle at and can you here the tapets, the car come with a warrenty but there being funny as most warrenty companys are

any help i appreciated

Phil
13th November 2006, 17:03
vis valves in the manifold maybe?

GreyGhost
13th November 2006, 17:04
Please help, i have owned a zt 160+ kv6 for about 3 weeks and have had a misfire. The car has been in and had the plugs replaced but the car still misfires and idels rough. The car idles about 500rpm even after the plugs
Sometimes the car is quick and other times its slower than my grannys zimmer

Also when the car is idling i can here the tapets, lifters is this normal in such a big engine, the engine only has 30000 miles on it and its a 03 car

What does your car idle at and can you here the tapets, the car come with a warrenty but there being funny as most warrenty companys are

any help i appreciated

Those are all symptoms of a failure of one or other VIS valves and /or inlet manifold.
Get your garage to replace them as soon as under warantee

Skud Kid
13th November 2006, 17:05
If i floor the car its like having traction control and there is noting till your at about 4000 - 6000 rpm then it gives you a shove but when you change up the power dies again until your at 4000

GreyGhost
13th November 2006, 17:06
If i floor the car its like having traction control and there is noting till your at about 4000 - 6000 rpm then it gives you a shove but when you change up the power dies again until your at 4000

As I said above.

More folk will be along to confirm I feel.

Skud Kid
13th November 2006, 17:08
You know what i love this forum, very helpfull and fast. Even the garage where i bought it from thought it was the plugs.

Big help guys and thanks, i will get a diagnostic done to there expense and the repair

Mike
13th November 2006, 17:10
hmm.......yes I would be looking at vis valves first on this

hth

Mike :)