PDA

View Full Version : Whos Car is this?

Keith
13th November 2006, 18:08
This was on our website just now

Come on own up who was it and can I have a bigger version for my wallpaper switcher please :)

JP53
13th November 2006, 18:17

Come on own up who was it and can I have a bigger version for my wallpaper switcher please :)

It belongs to that ant off the post office adverts, thats a full scale shot :D

driverjgp
13th November 2006, 20:50

I love the picture, one of the best I've seen.:D

Alex30013k
14th November 2006, 04:48
That pic really is good!

I think i know who it is because the grill has been painted black and they have 18in wheels on...

:drool4:

windrush
14th November 2006, 06:46
And where was the picture taken at a guess i woud say Putsbourgh Sands in North Devon any one know or would like to have a guess

Kandyman
14th November 2006, 07:18
Great picture, even if it is of a sliver car ;)

Paranoid Carlos
14th November 2006, 07:25
Awwwwww I'm blushing now, but all credit to whoever changed it to black and white, one of the mods I think (might be chris)

Looks stunning and do you know what it's all mine ( gets all emotional);)

Mike
14th November 2006, 07:35
Awwwwww I'm blushing now, but all credit to whoever changed it to black and white, one of the mods I think (might be chris)

Looks stunning and do you know what it's all mine ( gets all emotional);)

Superb pic indeed paranoid :D Well done. Stops and thinks! Should we have an annual photo competition for members?

Mike

Paranoid Carlos
14th November 2006, 08:03
Excellent idea. :lol:
:lol:

baxlin
14th November 2006, 08:05
Is that a photo competition FOR members, or OF members? Answers on a postcard.........

Kandyman
14th November 2006, 08:08
I have seen a few of our members so i hope it's for the members cars ;)

unless he means a competition for "Readers Wives" ;) :drool4:

Christopher
14th November 2006, 08:31
I have seen a few of our members so i hope it's for the members cars ;)

unless he means a competition for "Readers Wives" ;) :drool4:

DOWN boy .... steady now .... ;) ;)

Keith
14th November 2006, 09:13
Kerching, yes I recognise it now!

Only thing I am puzzled by is it a real photo? Where are the tyre tracks in the sand for where the car is now?

and I still want a bigger one for my desktop :)

Paranoid Carlos
14th November 2006, 11:44
Just a coincedence where it ended up, Sand has a terrible affect on me ;) makes me want to find the oversteer point, I blame the quick sierra I had years ago.

Would be easier in your 260 though;) ;)

Simon
14th November 2006, 21:47
Seconding (or even thirding ?) the photo competition! What would you be judging on? Composition, thoughts to exposure and colour or would you pick the nicest 75/ZT? Hehe...! :D ;)

btw... the 75 on the beech is a stunning photo. Well worthy of a photography prize IMHO. :lol:

crofts
15th November 2006, 01:33
Great picture, even if it is of a sliver car ;)

superb photo but............ would have been useless with a grey or black car:eek: :lol:

Keith
15th November 2006, 10:07
Carl where did you take the picture?

Rob Bell
15th November 2006, 10:23
Would make a fantastic advert for a V8 wouldn't it? I mean, what with a number '8' spelt out in the sand?

Brilliant photo. And a genious decision to convert it to black and white :D

pondweed
15th November 2006, 10:42
...is that a bit of 2x1?
inspired decision. would have been out of balance with anything larger

Pete
15th November 2006, 16:50
Erm, I don't want to take any credit for this but.... oh stuff it, thanks paranoid! :oscar:

P sent over a few pics he has taken of his s*lv*r motor in a few locations. That one was really something in my view and I just had to get it on the site quick. I just thought perhaps in mono with a couple of alterations in PShop it would be a touch more dramatic. I'm chuffed you like it!

And yes Keith, I think I can do a nice big version for you as well if you like - I'll see about sorting it out over the weekend for you. A pic competiton would be a grand idea too.

A couple of other members have also kindly sent over some pics too. I try to use one from the ones sent and then look at rotating the others over time - this keeps it fair for all and stops Mike hogging the screen :lol:. So feel free to pop over images and I'll see what I can do. Don't worry about blanking out registration plates by the way as I do that now by default before publishing.

Keith
15th November 2006, 18:18
Pete, Carl sent me the original which is currently my wallpaper till I take some deep dark shots of Boris

Yep "Boris" it is

Paranoid Carlos
16th November 2006, 07:20
It was taken on the beach, Burnham on sea near weston, it was only really a quick snap nothing planned at all, like most of my pictures that turn out ok
What did you do in Photoshop, looks excellent, got it on my work screensaver got a lot of impressed comments. (been on nights all week)

Can you recommend any photoshop type products, I don't know much about it but have wanted to have a play for a long time, especially on cars etc, Anything I can download for free till I take the plunge and buy something that works for me?:confused:

Pete
16th November 2006, 08:09
Hiyas,

There's quite a few programs out there which can do basic changes and give you some good results so I'm a bit reluctant to make a suggestion on anything in particular to be honest. Also, quite a few a bundled into computer gear as well, so you may have something lying around in a box - I think I have about 5 or 6 on CDs! I can have a hunt around though if you like and come back to you?

No worries Keith there's some fantastic bits of scenery round the back of Chruch Stretton which Boris would look awesome in. The Beloved is going over there after she has been in for the refurb next Spring.

Keith
16th November 2006, 12:44
Yes I am tempted to take it into to Cardin-mill (sp?) valley then over to the Gliding club, the valley to make a noise and the club for some close ups with Gliders in the close background

Have you been up there? Brilliant place the Gliders are almost close enough to touch and the views are breath taking and timed Hill climbs up (and down) the road on the other side are for the very brave only.

Shropshire is a truly amazing county and no (or very few) traffic jams at all

Pete
16th November 2006, 13:25
I'd forgotten about the gliding club - agree completely about the place Keith. Always said that I'll travel the world but I'll die in Shropshire.

Keith
16th November 2006, 14:09
That is one of those road you normally find in Scotland and as you round that bend past the club you had better be sure your brakes work otherwise

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bonk!

Paranoid Carlos
16th November 2006, 15:55
Or when I was a youth..........Beeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnddddddd, Gateeeeeeeepoooosssssssssstttttt....KRUMP, you alright, did you see a phonebox anywhere.

Ahh happy days, dangerous ans stupid but happy days:rolleyes:

Keith
16th November 2006, 17:03
Gliders, drop where the road gets interesting is just past the parked cars