PDA

View Full Version : Grounding on a Rover 75 Connoisseur ?

ukmastiff
11th July 2010, 17:46
Lo all, I'm very happy with my choice of car except for th suspension. On a physical look at it I can see theat it has less ground clearance than a Porsche 944 which is after all a low slung sports car !.

I live down a country track , a pretty well made one but atrack none the less. I have never bought a car that struggles on the track though my Volvo S60 D5 came close.

The 75 is smashing on the ground even at ten MPH or less and it is cracking the front plastic under tray. The car is also struggling on uneven country roads and I defo avoid potholes , I hate to think what would happen. Speed humps at work in N/London have become a joke to negotiate and my slowing to next to nothing is irritating others behind me I'm sure.

Is this common on 75's as I think if it can't readily be changed I may have to give up a very nice car so as not to ruin it and my wallet.

Cheers

Mas

stocktake
11th July 2010, 17:51
Check your front springs, known to loose a top or bottom coil :( also "grounding" could simply be front mudflaps catching, another known problem :)
HTH
:)

Jakg
11th July 2010, 17:56
also "grounding" could simply be front mudflaps catching, another known problem :)
HT^ this ^

I thought my car was grounding, but it's just the mudflaps. You can take them off and shorten them if it's a problem (I had to do it to get over the speedbumps at Uni...

Robson Rover Repair
11th July 2010, 18:40
Mudflaps for sure!

Mine had to come off totally because they where bending over the mount everst bumps at my work, and where scoring the paintwork. :mad: