PDA

View Full Version : Roverowner UK tour 2010

Roverowner
16th July 2010, 07:10
Roverowner and family will be over to UK for a holiday for a couple of weeks and apart from visiting relatives will be dropping in on a few of all the friends he has made since joining the club in March 2009. The members of the club have been really kind and genuine people and it has been good fun (more or less;)) to be a part of it all. The help given and the friendly mood does the members proud and you should all have a pat on the back:bowdown::D.

If anyone is in the neighbourhood on our way up north from the south coast then you are welcome to say hello and perhaps there is time for a coffee and a natter.

Will post up some -mug shots- of us and of the -rig- which comprises of a 2005 75 Tourer in Tempest Grey and a small -egg- caravan of Swedish manufacture with the exotic name of Carmen. Vintage 1965. We will be touring in the van and then leaving it in G:t Yarmouth for a -facelift- To be collected at a later date. Probably when I pick up the diesel 75 I have bought from Corin (Messenger).

21st July. Boat docks at Harwich (from Esbjerg), noon Wednesday

21st July. Lunch with Lewis (Rabett- Rover), Colchester.

22nd July. Visit to Corin (Messenger), in Sandhurst.

23rd July. Bournemouth (my old school mate Paul), Winton.

24th July. New Forest, late lunch at a pub with Paul (Reebs) and possibly Corin.

25th July. Salisbury mini meet in the square (see meets). Afterwards visit my niece Louise who has moved to Salisbury.

26th July. Bournemouth/Blandford area. Paul and my brother Gordon (who lives in Blandford)

29th (???) July. Swindon to see Phil.

30th-31st July. Make our way up to Leeds to get FredSpencer out of bed.

1st August. Mini meet (?) Looking like Beamish Museum south of Newcastle. Fred and Colin (2 Diesels)

3rd or 4th August . Falkirk to visit my cousin Ian in Larbert. (depending on meet on the Yorkshire coast).

6th (?) August. Make our way back down south possibly via Liverpool (Ians Sister)

9th August. G:t Yarmouth. Leave the van for renovation.

10th August. Harwich. DFDS ferry to Esbjerg. Check in 1600 hrs.

11th August. Denmark. Malmö Sweden 12th. Home (Linköping) late 12th or 13th.

Well thatīs it so far. Nice easy going holiday……….Kirsti, Alan and 10 week Brian.

PaulPJ
16th July 2010, 12:00
Hi Alan, which pub in the New Forest on 24th as I am off next week doing a spot of decorating.

Roverowner
16th July 2010, 14:32
Hi Alan, which pub in the New Forest on 24th as I am off next week doing a spot of decorating.

Paul, (Reebs) was going to sort something out after work. We will have to wait till he gets back to us:D

PaulPJ
16th July 2010, 15:30
Okey Dokey, I will check the forum on Monday

windrush
16th July 2010, 16:31
Hi Alan looks like you are going to have a full holiday have a good time in the old country and enjoy yourselves I will keep an eye out for that caravan

Roverowner
16th July 2010, 16:42
Hi Alan looks like you are going to have a full holiday have a good time in the old country and enjoy yourselves I will keep an eye out for that caravan

Thanks Derek. If there were time it would be nice with a coffee at your place. Was around all my old haunts from the 70s in 2004 but not been back since.:)

Phil
16th July 2010, 18:41
Hi Alan, look forward to meeting up. Looks like you have a very busy schedule. You'll need another holiday after that holiday!!

Thomas
16th July 2010, 18:42
will look out for you in Falkirk !:}

Roverowner
16th July 2010, 19:01
Hi Alan, look forward to meeting up. Looks like you have a very busy schedule. You'll need another holiday after that holiday!!

Yeah itīs always been that way when we go over. Having the relatives spread out doesnīt really help, but we do get around:D I will give you a call a few days before we turn up so you can get the kettle on;):D

Roverowner
16th July 2010, 19:02
will look out for you in Falkirk !:}

That would be nice. If you PM your address and tel number we might manage a coffee or something:shrug::)

Phil
16th July 2010, 19:41
Yeah itīs always been that way when we go over. Having the relatives spread out doesnīt really help, but we do get around:D I will give you a call a few days before we turn up so you can get the kettle on;):D

Definately. I could take half a day or a day off work if you wanted to do something? There are a few train museums and a classic car museum in Calne. Only an idea.:}

Roverowner
16th July 2010, 20:08
Maybe half a day and a museum or something. Just have a look at your cars and a chat would also do. Meal perhaps. Havenīt got the details all sorted yet for the bit with relatives in Bournemouth/Blandford. Will try to get it worked out and get back to you:D

Reebs
16th July 2010, 20:59
Evening Alan,

Sounds like you're going to need a holiday after this, that's quite an itinery ;)

Anyway, Saturday 24th in the New Forest, this place looks very nice, and about the same distance from Bournemouth and mine

:smilie_re: The Waterloo Arms (http://www.waterlooarmsnewforest.co.uk/default.htm)

Let's say 1pm for lunch and a natter, Corin, are you still able to come along too?

Any other members in the area want to come along, the more the merrier eh Alan.

I look forward to meeting you and the family.

BTW, what car do you want me to bring, the 75 or the ZT? They're both the same colour of course :D

Paul.

Phil
16th July 2010, 21:24
Maybe half a day and a museum or something. Just have a look at your cars and a chat would also do. Meal perhaps. Havenīt got the details all sorted yet for the bit with relatives in Bournemouth/Blandford. Will try to get it worked out and get back to you:D

Ok Alan, I'll try and take some time off work when your plans are more firmed up.:}

Roverowner
17th July 2010, 04:39
Evening Alan,

Sounds like you're going to need a holiday after this, that's quite an itinery ;)

Anyway, Saturday 24th in the New Forest, this place looks very nice, and about the same distance from Bournemouth and mine

:smilie_re: The Waterloo Arms (http://www.waterlooarmsnewforest.co.uk/default.htm)

Let's say 1pm for lunch and a natter, Corin, are you still able to come along too?

BTW, what car do you want me to bring, the 75 or the ZT? They're both the same colour of course :D

Paul.

The Waterloo Arms it is then:D And of course, the more the merrier:). As for car, being a Rover nurd it would be nice to see the ZT for a change;):D

Roverowner
17th July 2010, 04:42
Ok Alan, I'll try and take some time off work when your plans are more firmed up.:}

Great, will get back to you asap when Iīve talked to the lot in Bournemouth:D

Allegroboi
17th July 2010, 12:04
Thanks Derek. If there were time it would be nice with a coffee at your place. Was around all my old haunts from the 70s in 2004 but not been back since.:)

Alan are you an old Aldershot boy then? I went to Heron Wood Secondary in the 70's

Ian:}

Roverowner
17th July 2010, 13:24
Alan are you an old Aldershot boy then? I went to Heron Wood Secondary in the 70's

No not really. Iīm from Bournemuff:) On the 10th September 1968 at the tender age of 15, I joined The Junior Parachute Company at Depot Para in Browning Barracks. Ended up in 2 PARA, Normandy Barracks. Came out in 74. Drove the buses in London for a while and then emigrated to Sweden in 76. Still here:o, though have been getting some nice offers of work in NZ which would be nice. Always fancied NZ:D

Many a time Iīve had to run up Hospital Hill because I was late back off leave;)

Allegroboi
17th July 2010, 13:33
I was a postie for years and one of my rounds were the barracks, including Browning and Normandy and st omer the ASPT, HQ se, clayton barracks.
At the top of hospital hill is now a big new centre for health and the Cambridge Military hospital and the Louise Margaret are no longer operational.

Anyhow enjoy your trip

Roverowner
17th July 2010, 13:56
Thanks, the trip should be fun....... Had a look around the barracks in 2004 and it was all in moth balls. Only the museum open. Now that has moved as well. It was like a ghost town. Mind you it was pretty rough and ready when I was there, the Princess and the Naffi club were really -down to earth-:D
A lot of my mates went on to do 22 years. Most of them were in the Falklands. I got blown up just off Springfield Road and realised that my luck would probably run out in the end, so I changed tactics;)

stevemac
17th July 2010, 14:52
Evening Alan,

Paul.

I am planning to go to the airshow on Saturday, but if that falls through I would like to join you. I wont know until the Friday tho'. I will be at the Salisbury meet on Sunday anyway.

Reebs
17th July 2010, 14:56
I am planning to go to the airshow on Saturday, but if that falls through I would like to join you. I wont know until the Friday tho'. I will be at the Salisbury meet on Sunday anyway.

Excellent Steve, it would be good to see you there if you can make it.

Roverowner
17th July 2010, 15:10
Donīt rub it in:D I would have also liked to go to the Air Show;) Still would be nice if you could join us:)

Would really like a natter with PaulPJ as well, hope you can force yourself away from the painting;):D

Reebs
17th July 2010, 15:40
Lets see if we can't get a couple more local members to pop down too, it's only a week away, so a bit short notice, but you never know ;)

:smilie_re:Last minute New Forest Mini Meet This Saturday 24th July (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=559394#post559394)

PaulPJ
17th July 2010, 15:50
Hi Alan, Waterloo Arms, know it well, not been in it in years and it's only a stones throw away. I will endeavour to be there for 1pm but wont be able to stay too long as I have to help wife with the horses. So you are still thinking of NZ then. It will be good to me up with Reebs too and hopefully Corin as I havent seen him in almost a year since I bought some lower arms off him.:D

Roverowner
17th July 2010, 16:18
Hi Alan, Waterloo Arms, know it well, not been in it in years and it's only a stones throw away. I will endeavour to be there for 1pm but wont be able to stay too long as I have to help wife with the horses. So you are still thinking of NZ then. It will be good to me up with Reebs too and hopefully Corin as I havent seen him in almost a year since I bought some lower arms off him.:D

Could be next January or Febuary:D

Roverowner
18th July 2010, 08:34
The other end of the country:D

Sunday 1st August from about noon-1pm.

Beamish Museum near Chester-le-Street, south of Newcastle

:smilie_re:http://www.beamish.org.uk/Home.aspx

We will be camping nearby and FredSpencer, Colin and a few more will probably come. Pick holes in each others cars;) and enjoy the museum. Never been before (Spencers idea:o) but looks very good anyway:D

If you wear your 75/ZT as a button on your lapel then we will easily recognize you:D

FredSpencer
18th July 2010, 09:55
Never been before (Spencers idea:o) but looks very good anyway:D

I should have given the idea of going to a museum more thought - once you are inside they might not let you out again. They'll be accusing us of trying to steal an exhibit! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you wear your 75/ZT as a button on your lapel then we will easily recognize you:DIf anyone who is thinking of going would like to PM me I'll give you my mobile phone number. That way we don't need to have too much formality organizing this. We should be there from noon and anyone can then turn up after that and get in touch to find out where we are. It will also give some idea how many might attend.

P.S. It will be worth coming just to see his funny little caravan in the flesh (so to speak :o ). :D

Roverowner
18th July 2010, 11:50
I should have given the idea of going to a museum more thought - once you are inside they might not let you out again. They'll be accusing us of trying to steal an exhibit! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If anyone who is thinking of going would like to PM me I'll give you my mobile phone number. That way we don't need to have too much formality organizing this. We should be there from noon and anyone can then turn up after that and get in touch to find out where we are. It will also give some idea how many might attend.

P.S. It will be worth coming just to see his funny little caravan in the flesh (so to speak :o ). :D

Saucepan calling the kettle something or other;) Better give the phone to Colin or Ronnie or youīll only get another of those -dial a loan- thingies again:o:D

The van is Swedish quality steel.... sorry plastic, Iīll have you know. None of your Sprite, Safari, Carlight nonsense here. It would float if it werenīt for the door:D

Roverowner
19th July 2010, 05:00
Well itīs nearly 7 am here and we will be off in a couple of hours. Wonīt have access to the net so much but will try and check in once a day. Just to get baby Brian -planted- in the back seat and fire up the oil burner:D.........

FredSpencer
19th July 2010, 05:36
Well itīs nearly 7 am here and we will be off in a couple of hours. Wonīt have access to the net so much but will try and check in once a day. Just to get baby Brian -planted- in the back seat and fire up the oil burner:D.........

I hope you have a good journey and don't get too many strange looks on the way. :D

Roverowner
19th July 2010, 05:45
I hope you have a good journey and don't get too many strange looks on the way. :D

Cheers. Always get strange looks, thatīs how I met the wife;):D

FredSpencer
19th July 2010, 06:29
Cheers. Always get strange looks, thatīs how I met the wife;):D

Is she bringing her Labrador with her? ;)

Roverowner
19th July 2010, 08:21
Is she bringing her Labrador with her? ;)

Cheek:ignore:

Weīre auff:D

djw40
19th July 2010, 08:26
Lets see if we can't get a couple more local members to pop down too, it's only a week away, so a bit short notice, but you never know ;)

:smilie_re:Last minute New Forest Mini Meet This Saturday 24th July (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=559394#post559394)

This would have been a definite for me, but I go to Kos for a week on Thursday. Hope it goes well :D

Dave

Roverowner
24th July 2010, 19:26
Just got back from the New Forest and a nice chat with PaulPJ, Reebs, Mrs Reebs and son. Had a good afternoon in nice surroundings. Many thanks to the 2 Pauls for the afternoon

The meet in Salisbury tomorrow:D Difficult for me to get onto the net as we are travelling.....

Phil
24th July 2010, 22:56
Hi Alan, glad you have got over here ok, I won't be able to get over to Salisbury afterall tomorrow unfortunately as I rather stupidly double booked myself.:getmecoat:
Hope you have a good time and all going well, I look forward to seeing you Thursday.:)

Roverowner
25th July 2010, 09:07
Hi Alan, glad you have got over here ok, I won't be able to get over to Salisbury afterall tomorrow unfortunately as I rather stupidly double booked myself.:getmecoat:
Hope you have a good time and all going well, I look forward to seeing you Thursday.:)

Thatīs okay mate. Will give you a call an hour or so before we turn up (Give you a chance to push off if you change your mind at the last minute:D)

PaulPJ
26th July 2010, 07:09
Hi Alan, it was great meeting you and Kirstin and Paul and his family on Saturday. I havent just sat and nattered in a long time and the fact that we were in a pub garden surrounded by beer was an added bonus. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and hopefully you will be back soon before trying out New Zealand. If you do get over before NZ, lets try and meet up because Kirstin was saying she likes horse riding and my wife would love to meet her and take her for a hack around the New Forest. Paul

Roverowner
26th July 2010, 08:39
Hi Alan, it was great meeting you and Kirstin and Paul and his family on Saturday. I havent just sat and nattered in a long time and the fact that we were in a pub garden surrounded by beer was an added bonus. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and hopefully you will be back soon before trying out New Zealand. If you do get over before NZ, lets try and meet up because Kirstin was saying she likes horse riding and my wife would love to meet her and take her for a hack around the New Forest. Paul

Thatīs very knd of you Paul, thank your wife from us. We have a holiday that looks more like a train timetable:o

Only day that we have free on the whole -tour- is tomorrow, Tuesday. Understand that this would be a bit tight for you. Will deffinately catch you next time we are over. The Ryan Air is just a lazy hour up the nearly emplty motorway from where we live in Sweden, so, long week end in our beautiful part of the world:shrug: Youīre both very welcome:D

PaulPJ
26th July 2010, 12:03
Hi Alan, tomorrow would not be possible as back at work now and Denise runs her own business and has a heavy week this week apart from Wednesday and shes off to New Forest show that day. Our only freetime is weekends so if you have a weekend before NZ, lets get together and get Kirstin out in the forest on horseback.

Roverowner
26th July 2010, 12:44
Hi Alan, tomorrow would not be possible as back at work now and Denise runs her own business and has a heavy week this week apart from Wednesday and shes off to New Forest show that day. Our only freetime is weekends so if you have a weekend before NZ, lets get together and get Kirstin out in the forest on horseback.

Okay, will get back to you when we get home. Cheers, Alan

Roverowner
26th July 2010, 12:49
Drive in - drive out bumper service....... guess who:D

Roverowner
29th July 2010, 07:21
Now leaving Bournemouth area for Phil in Swindon. Wonīt have the net for a few days or so:o

Phil
29th July 2010, 19:47
Now leaving Bournemouth area for Phil in Swindon. Wonīt have the net for a few days or so:o

It was really nice meeting the three of you today Alan. I had a very enjoyable afternoon. Thanks for the books as well.:} Hope you get that Cyclops too.;)

Hope the weather remains good for you while you are over here.:}

PaulPJ
30th July 2010, 12:25
I bet you met at a pub too. :D

Phil
30th July 2010, 14:18
I bet you met at a pub too. :D

We didn't actually, they visited me at home, which was very embarrassing as the house was a tip.:getmecoat: We went for a ride in the 95, had a cup of tea and a sit in Alan's caravan.:} I need to persuade Jackie to go to Sweden for a holiday now as it sounds lovely. Plus I want to see Alan's Volvo's.:)

2Diesels
30th July 2010, 14:42
We didn't actually, they visited me at home, which was very embarrassing as the house was a tip.:getmecoat: We went for a ride in the 95, had a cup of tea and a sit in Alan's caravan.:} I need to persuade Jackie to go to Sweden for a holiday now as it sounds lovely. Plus I want to see Alan's Volvo's.:)
Aha! another convert:D:D:D:D

Phil
30th July 2010, 15:16
Aha! another convert:D:D:D:D

Hmm, You will never convert me from m'Marina!!!
When is Alan coming to see you?:)

2Diesels
30th July 2010, 15:29
Hmm, You will never convert me from m'Marina!!!
When is Alan coming to see you?:)
Oh I'll keep chipping away at you:D
He's coming up here tomorrow until Monday morning & then off to Scotland

PaulPJ
30th July 2010, 16:28

I lived there in 72/73 during my gap year, it is a lovely country.

2Diesels
2nd August 2010, 07:49
What a cracking weekend that was:D Fantastic to finally meet you Alan & of course Kirsti & Brian. Sorry about the roundabout:getmecoat:but at least you realised where you were;)

Roverowner
3rd August 2010, 15:58
What a cracking weekend that was:D Fantastic to finally meet you Alan & of course Kirsti & Brian. Sorry about the roundabout:getmecoat:but at least you realised where you were;)

Fantastic time:D. Beamish is great for a family outing, fotos to follow when we get home. Spencer snorred all night in his tent and woke the natives:D. Nice to see some real antiques (apart from Freds bald spot;))

We are in the Falkirk area for a few days so if any of the club members fancy a coffe they can call on our temporary mobile nr: 07907228051

Simondi
3rd August 2010, 23:00
We are in the Falkirk area for a few days so if any of the club members fancy a coffe they can call on our temporary mobile nr: 07907228051

Poor timing! I'm down in Shropshire this week, it would have been good to meet you. I'm glad you're havng a good holiday.

Roverowner
6th August 2010, 08:42
Poor timing! I'm down in Shropshire this week, it would have been good to meet you. I'm glad you're havng a good holiday.

A pity indeed, would have liked to see the train layout:D Nice you got the seats though. Corins neighbour must be starting to wonder what is going on;) Didn't have a caravan with you I hope:D

Phil
6th August 2010, 21:33
A pity indeed, would have liked to see the train layout:D

:wantpics:

FredSpencer
6th August 2010, 22:03
:wantpics:

Phil, here's one from Beamish for you:

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/IMG_1522-800.jpg

And we also found your next project there:

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/IMG_1537-800.jpg

Colin took time out to test a new vehicle.
He should get a bob or two for Grovey in part exchange:

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/IMG_1491.jpg

Phil
6th August 2010, 22:09
Very nice! What engine is that?

FredSpencer
6th August 2010, 22:13
Very nice! What engine is that?

Take your pick from the following answers:

a. A top secret new prototype

or

b. I haven't a clue, I just take photos of everything I see.

2Diesels
6th August 2010, 22:15
Ahem I'll keep him right:D it's a replica of Stehenson's Rocket;)

FredSpencer
6th August 2010, 22:29
Here's a better view of it:

http://www.lakelandphotography.net/./Fred/IMG_1523-800.jpg

2Diesels
6th August 2010, 22:33
Do appologise it's not Rocket it's Locomotion didn't have my thinking glasses on there:o:o:o

Bluejon
6th August 2010, 22:47
Do appologise it's not Rocket it's Locomotion didn't have my thinking glasses on there:o:o:o

Beat me to it Col,thought it was locymotion:getmecoat:

FredSpencer
6th August 2010, 23:06
.....didn't have my thinking glasses on there:o:o:o

That's why I keep quiet :p: :D

FredSpencer
8th August 2010, 18:43
Photos around the campsite and Hadrian's Wall

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/freddspencer/RoverownerUKTour2010Web#

Best viewed in Slideshow/Full Screen

stocktake
8th August 2010, 18:54
Nice pictures Fred, wish i could have made one of the venues to meet Alan :)

FredSpencer
8th August 2010, 21:13
Nice pictures Fred, wish i could have made one of the venues to meet Alan :)

I'm sure he'll be back again, if only to make sure I get more back ache. :D

Roverowner
11th August 2010, 21:45
We are now back at home. The tour ended about an hour ago. We are shattered, drove from Esbjerg in Denmark non stop. 9― hours. Will get back to you all when we have had a good nights sleep;):o

Phil
11th August 2010, 21:46
Glad you are all safe at home.:}

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 05:43
Now had a couple of days to recouperate. Ton of washing, cleared the car out and got the roof box off.

We did 2956 miles in the car plus the boat journey Denmark - Harwich - Denmark. I was expecting about 1 litre per 100 kilometers overall but it turned out to be 0.8 liters:D I think that is very good concidering the roof box was on all the time and we pulled the van for most of the time:D

The car performed perfectly. As previously said, best car Iīve ever had:D The airbag light came on but that is me fiddling with the passenger seat to get things stowed after we left the van in G:t Yarmouth. So the final route was: 19th July to 11th August 2010.

Sweden (Home to Lund in southern Sweden to some friends (overnight) - Denmark (via all the bridges) - Harwich (DFDS)(overnight) - Colchester (Pub lunch with Lewis) - Sandhurst (Overnight at Corins - transformation of back end of car:D) - Bournemouth - New Forrest(pub lunch with Reebs and family + PaulPJ) - Bournemouth - Salisbury(mini meet and visit to niece Louise and family) - Bournemouth (Including Bovington and visit to brother in Blandford) - Swindon (Phil) - Oxford (overnight) - Lincoln (overnight) - Northumberland with a visit to the Wall with Fred and Colin (Fredspencer and 2Diesels). (2 overnights) - Beamish meet - Scotland (Lothian Bridge Caravan Park, recommended. Museum of Flight North Berwick - Falkirk Wheel with my cousin Ian). - York (Minster and Wall) (overnight) - Doncaster (overnight) - Brentwood, pick up blue steering wheel in Romford (overnight) - G:t Yarmouth (overnight and dip toes in the sea) - Catford (between Yarmouth and Norwich) leave caravan for restoration - Harwich(DFDS overnight) - Denmark - Home (9― hour direct drive;)).

Cheepest night was Ģ12 outside of Yarmouth. Dearest Ģ28.50 at the Caravan Club site in Oxford (wonīt be going there again). Lothian Bridge site just south of Edinburgh on the A7 at Newtongrange was the best. Ģ20 a night but well worth it.

Pics to follow:) Many thanks to all the kind and genuine people we met along the way. Itīs been tiring but well worth it:D Kirsti, Brian (3― months) and Roverowner (slightly more than 3― months:))

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:13
Well, here goes. Pics, quite a few so bare with me:D

First, Friends in southern Sweden and the boat from Denmark (a Bugatti next to us)

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:17
The boat, Lewis, Corin in his usual position and Mrs Messenger entertains Brian:)

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:22
New Forest with Paul PJ and Reebs plux family, Brians first cricket match, you can see how enthraulled he is:D, the mini meet in Salisbury

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:25
Bovington Tank Museum

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:29
Bovington. King Tiger, Spencers next ride (he says he has the licence:D), Panther. Phil with his real 75;)

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:34
Thames Valley Police. Kirsti is a Morse fan. This is where we should have stayed. Darn sight cheeper than the caravan club place:o, Cathedral (where?), the 2 stooges (plus Kirsti and Brian):D (2 Diesels and Fredspencer), the Wall.

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:45
Beamish. Mini meet, Spencer scratching the pig (or was it the other way around:shrug:), my -new- lawn mower, Colins latest bus.

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:50
Brian studying Freds camera technique, Scotland:eek:, Lothian Bridge camp site

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:55
Museum of Flight in north Berwick. Concorde nosewheel, they made loads of these at Hurn in the 60īs, Spencers Leeds comuter;), one of the nicest looking planes every made (Dove)

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 10:59
Vulcan, Dan Airs old Comet, -Quick Change- and Iīd like this in the van please Corin:D

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 11:09
What are these 4 :shrug:

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 11:13
Under the shade of the Vulcan, Cousin Ian in Larbert, Keeping me company in the van in York

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 11:17
The campsite in York, along the Ouse. Some nice wraught ironwork

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 11:18
York Minster. White Roses (of course;))

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 11:24
Doncaster campsite, Woburn Abby (nearly), Brentwood and the sea at Yarmouth

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 11:28
Last night with the van outside of Yarmouth and a -rolling geriatric ward- which was pitched not far from us. How about those wheels on the 75;)

Thatīs it, thanks again to all:D

windrush
14th August 2010, 14:07
Hi Alan just been looking at your pictures of your tour of the old country and what a tour you had it was my intentions to get down to the New Forest and meet up with you and Paul & co but circumstances wouldn't allow Sill glad that you arrived back home safety and in one piece so to speak and what about the 75 didn't she do well

Roverowner
14th August 2010, 14:30
Hi Alan just been looking at your pictures of your tour of the old country and what a tour you had it was my intentions to get down to the New Forest and meet up with you and Paul & co but circumstances wouldn't allow Sill glad that you arrived back home safety and in one piece so to speak and what about the 75 didn't she do well

Thanks Derek. It would have been nice to have a chat with you. The car behaved superbly on itīs original clutch and 103 thusand miles. Just given it a clean out and everything is back to normal again:D

majedm75
15th August 2010, 07:23
I also had a look at your pictures and write-up of the places you've been.
I'm glad it all went well and got back home safe :). Having people come over for mini meets is awesome too. I wish I could persuade my wife for such a venture, but she does not like it :shrug:

Roverowner
16th August 2010, 14:36
I also had a look at your pictures and write-up of the places you've been.
I'm glad it all went well and got back home safe :). Having people come over for mini meets is awesome too. I wish I could persuade my wife for such a venture, but she does not like it :shrug:

Buy a vintage Notin or something similar French and do a tour around the UK next summer, great fun:D Let her loose in the shops for a while;)

Roverowner
16th August 2010, 14:37
What are these 4 :shrug:

No one want to take a guess:shrug:

stevemac
16th August 2010, 15:34
No one want to take a guess:shrug:

First and last probably a Buccaneer. Second one look's German WWII and the third an English Electric Lightning :shrug:

Don't think the last is a Buccaneer. Maybe one of the other carrier borne aircraft.

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 07:19
Well done:) Buccaneer then a German WWII (but what?), Lightning and the last a carrier plane, one of the first jets (nice little thing... loads of them at Hurn during the 60s):D

stevemac
17th August 2010, 08:23
Well done:) Buccaneer then a German WWII (but what?), Lightning and the last a carrier plane, one of the first jets (nice little thing... loads of them at Hurn during the 60s):D

Seahawk maybe :shrug:

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 09:10
:getmecoat: No flies on you apparently. But the German one:shrug: Clue: Fastest thing they had but had to land on a skid instead of wheels;)

suzublu
17th August 2010, 09:42
Is it an ME262?

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 09:43
Is it an ME262?

Nope, much more basic (think Guy Fawkes Night:D)

BigRuss
17th August 2010, 09:49
The german one is a Messerschmitt ME163 ;)

Russ

stevemac
17th August 2010, 09:51
The german one is a Messerschmitt ME163 ;)

Russ

Also called the Komet, I believe.

2Diesels
17th August 2010, 09:54
I was going to say look at the size of that Focke but thought I might get banned:D

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 11:00
Well done, Pure rocket. Fancy going up in one of tholse to meet a armarda of fortresses and Mustangs:eek::eek:

... and -109- to you to Colin:D

stevemac
17th August 2010, 11:03
Well done, Pure rocket. Fancy going up in one of tholse to meet a armarda of fortresses and Mustangs:eek::eek:

D

Going up is probably not the problem........

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 12:04
Many times the thought of what might happen is often worse than when it actually happens;):D

stevemac
17th August 2010, 12:50
Many times the thought of what might happen is often worse than when it actually happens;):D

Not as far as my car is concerned. It's ALWAYS much worse than what I thought :mad:

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 14:46
Ah, but you see that that is what makes you unique;):D

stevemac
17th August 2010, 14:51
Ah, but you see that that is what makes you unique;):D

I really don't want to be unique:o Since we spoke in Salisbury my car decided to unload ALL of it's oil a B & Q carpark in Cambridge. I was not a happy bunny :mad:

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 15:05
Oh god!

I really do think you got the one they made when they had all been on the booze a week and this was first day back at work. I had an orange Volvo 145 (1974 mod) which was put together under the fog of a really heavy hangover:o Slip out and get yourself a diesel, no-one will notice:D

stevemac
17th August 2010, 15:16
Oh god!

I really do think you got the one they made when they had all been on the booze a week and this was first day back at work. I had an orange Volvo 145 (1974 mod) which was put together under the fog of a really heavy hangover:o Slip out and get yourself a diesel, no-one will notice:D

Pah! Who wants to drive around in something that sounds like a Massey Ferguson :shrug:...

.....you might be right tho' :o

Roverowner
17th August 2010, 15:22
Got a very nice stereo in mine (+ tinnitus from the Army) so who cares;):D