PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Washers After Fitting.

JohnDotCom
13th November 2006, 23:32
Hi Is it possible, easy/difficult & How to fit Headlight Washers on a Rover 75 Facelift? Thanks.

GreyGhost
13th November 2006, 23:52
Keith has done this job.
He'll probably supply you with info tomorrow when he sees your post.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=2415&highlight=heated+washer#post2415

BTW nice plug on the Haynes thread over the road :)

Kandyman
14th November 2006, 07:04
SPOOK has a heated set on order i'm sure we can get him to do a "how to" if we ask nice :D , or maybe threating to beat him up :fight: :rofl:

JohnDotCom
14th November 2006, 08:59
Either Method should produce results :twonk: But Perhaps a nice request will do the trick for a "How To". :lol:
Thanks.

Keith
14th November 2006, 17:40
I did heated washers

This is headlight washers
I noticed on my 260 the cable is already present so would I need just pump and washer assembly

I think it has to added by T4 as well though and then it goes off every fifth squirt is the lights are on or something like that

I will have a read up on the subject as I might add this when I upgrade the hooter

FYI the clips etc for the water pipe were in place as well along the bumper

JP53
14th November 2006, 18:18
I did heated washers

This is headlight washers
I noticed on my 260 the cable is already present so would I need just pump and washer assembly

I think it has to added by T4 as well though and then it goes off every fifth squirt is the lights are on or something like that

I will have a read up on the subject as I might add this when I upgrade the hooter

FYI the clips etc for the water pipe were in place as well along the bumper

If you need to check one out in the flesh Keith, they are fitted on my 75. At least you won't have to take the doors off ;) John.

yp53
16th November 2006, 21:58
Hi

This is my 1st post since registering...you may remember me as subman from the 'other' forum....

....I've just managed to get all the bits to do this headlight washer jet retrofit.

The other week I found a fully 'populated' front bumper complete with headlight washers and pipework (pretty beefy stuff it is too!). I also picked up a BMW E46 coupe washer bottle which happened to have the right headlight washer pump.

I still need a YWB10012L relay and a 30A fuse that go in the passenger fusebox. Then comes the tricky bit - cutting the holes in the front bumper. Luckily I still have the donor bumper so can trace off a template (if anyone wants a copy just ask). I don't think any other T4 reprogramming is required but I will be doing a trial fit to check the pump is being energised BEFORE I start cutting holes in the bumper!

As for costs I originally got a quote from Rimmers for new bits, but the total cost easily exceeded £200. They even want about £20 per washer jet!

Luckily I should recover the cost of the SH bits and more by selling off the unwanted chrome grille, indicators, fog lights, even the washer bottle cap on ebay....so it should end up costing nothing. Fingers crossed!