PDA

View Full Version : Piper cross air filters

chrishumphries
2nd August 2010, 19:58
A company called Awesome GTi (0161 7760777) has Piper Cross MG ZT/R75 CDTi air filters advertised on line for £28.00 +VAT & postage (£35.25 in total). I've just ordered one from their web site,but I suspect this may be a **** up on their part as ALL of their Piper Cross filters for MG & Rover & all other makes are priced as above. I will wait with interest to see if they honour their legal obligation to sell them at the advertised price. Sorry I don't know how to copy a web link !

pab
2nd August 2010, 20:04
are these standard size,flat bed type which fit in the original air box?

Frank Incensed
2nd August 2010, 20:14
are these standard size,flat bed type which fit in the original air box?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=2180&xSec=522

See link. The only filters for 75s they advertise are for the CDT and CDTi.

Jakg
2nd August 2010, 20:18
I will wait with interest to see if they honour their legal obligation to sell them at the advertised price. Sorry I don't know how to copy a web link !Sorry to ruin it for you... but they have no legal obligation to sell them for that price.

However... i've got my order in!

pab
2nd August 2010, 20:19
thanks for the link...

always been a big fan of K&N and i have one fitted to my car in the standard box with great results..a few pounds more expensive with a lifetime guarantee.

Jakg
2nd August 2010, 20:21
thanks for the link...

always been a big fan of K&N and i have one fitted to my car in the standard box with great results..a few pounds more expensive with a lifetime guarantee.However K&N's are heavily oiled, which is not good for your MAF sensor. K&N obviously claim this could never be an issue, ever, and their rivals claim it will eat your MAF in 3.4 seconds... but at £100 for a MAF I know what i'll chose!

chrishumphries
2nd August 2010, 20:21
As I understand it, their own part number AF-PA-PIP
relates to Piper Cross part no. PX1429a, the cylindrical cone shape like standard fitment. I called them to check earlier today before ordering on line.

Jakg
2nd August 2010, 20:28
Cylinder cone shape filter = drop in panel filter replacement, it's not a cone or anything.

Order placed :)

chrissyboy
2nd August 2010, 20:30
Sorry to ruin it for you... but they have no legal obligation to sell them for that price.

However... i've got my order in!

true they can choose not to serve you as is the sellers right so it wont apply if priced wrong ..

pab
2nd August 2010, 20:32
However K&N's are heavily oiled, which is not good for your MAF sensor. K&N obviously claim this could never be an issue, ever, and their rivals claim it will eat your MAF in 3.4 seconds... but at £100 for a MAF I know what i'll chose!
yes good call and i would totally agree..

i was referring to my fitment..

there has been a few members that have used K&N products with diesel units with no problems

chrishumphries
2nd August 2010, 20:48
Hmm, I am not sure how the law stands if the seller has accepted your card payment on line, I thought as soon as the item is paid for that constitutes an agreement to supply the goods for that price ? I suppose they could always say they have none in stock & offer a refund.

Jakg
2nd August 2010, 20:50
Hmm, I am not sure how the law stands if the seller has accepted your card payment on line, I thought as soon as the item is paid for that constitutes an agreement to supply the goods for that price ? I suppose they could always say they have none in stock & offer a refund.Nope... the contract is usually "formed" once the goods are dispatched. It's standard issue in online retailers terms and conditions so they can catch misprices like this (although saying that, I know a guy who could bang these out at £37.50 delivered so perhaps this isn't a misprice...)

chrishumphries
2nd August 2010, 20:53
Thanks for the clarification JackG, I guess its wait & see !

Dallas
2nd August 2010, 21:32
Wow! Pipercross are they still going? I had a Pipercross Chrome Air Filter fitted to my 1981 Ford Capri. :D

................. anyways! I think the store will honor the price for you :shrug: ;)

Rico135+
3rd August 2010, 10:50
However K&N's are heavily oiled, which is not good for your MAF sensor. K&N obviously claim this could never be an issue, ever, and their rivals claim it will eat your MAF in 3.4 seconds... but at £100 for a MAF I know what i'll chose!

I believe the Pipercoss is also oiled (although on foam instead of gauze).

I have a BMC in mine, although it was a bit more expensive than that :(

Jakg
9th August 2010, 12:09
Arrived today :)

Still up for sale on their website - i'll put mine in when my next service comes up.

stef_uk
9th August 2010, 13:36
I heard the k&n wasn't good for our cars so i went for the jetex filter recommended and supplied by our very own mr ron...all well so far:D

steve