Well not to bad to be honest

Failed on a tyre & a couple of balljoints

O/S/F inner
N/S/F outer

Have been quoted

105.77 + VAT x 2 for the parts

£90.00 labour

Is this reasonable?

Would appreciate it if anyone has experience of having these replaced before the old flexible friend comes out to play:D

Thanks

Kandyman
14th November 2006, 13:19
Hi There,

Sorry i dont know the cost of the balljoints, i'm sure Mike will be along with it soon ;) Do you have any part numbers ?

and as for the £90 labour, i would say its a hours worth of work. ?

REMF
14th November 2006, 16:01
Hi Kandyman

Have had to take the plunge-need my little baby back, no way I am driving a car without heated seats:D

Good news is I will keep her now, was considering moving on if it had more serious issues

Next job Webasco :eek:

Alex30013k
14th November 2006, 18:19
Hello

What’s the Age and mileage of the car?

Thax

JP53
14th November 2006, 18:49
Hi Kandyman

Have had to take the plunge-need my little baby back, no way I am driving a car without heated seats:D

Good news is I will keep her now, was considering moving on if it had more serious issues

Next job Webasco :eek:

Glad you are keeping her she looks great in that picture, besides what could possibly be as good? ;)

REMF
14th November 2006, 20:33
Hello

What’s the Age and mileage of the car?

Thax

Its an 01/51 114K Alex

Not quite so happy with the advisory items

Slight corrosion to both front, and both front-rear brake pipes:eek:

Can't believe she didn't fail on the handbrake-if I had a sunroof it would help to pull it on enough:D

Kandyman
14th November 2006, 21:01
A lot of members cars seem o be suffering from rusted break pipes :(
Glad i'm going to get my treated in the new year http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=4981#post4981

crofts
15th November 2006, 01:47
A lot of members cars seem o be suffering from rusted break pipes :(
Glad i'm going to get my treated in the new year http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=4981#post4981

Weak point on many of our cars. Really is worth jacking up the car (o/s) and having a look as they can be seen quite easily running front to rear. Easy to wire brush and paint/grease. Remove wheels to access remainder.

Alex30013k
15th November 2006, 05:13
Its an 01/51 114K Alex

Not quite so happy with the advisory items

Slight corrosion to both front, and both front-rear brake pipes:eek:

Can't believe she didn't fail on the handbrake-if I had a sunroof it would help to pull it on enough:D

Well I got my Mot end of Feb, See how my car does then, Well she is a 2000 with 123k!

:confused:

The handrake is not that hard to sort at all - mine is lovely now! lol

KevG
15th November 2006, 20:11
I put the wifes 75 in yesterday and it passed wit 2 advisorys:

1. Front/Rear Brake pads - less then 2k miles left
How on earth can anybody deem the mileage of a set of pads, is it not usually the thickness ie 10mm left etc!!!
2. Slight corrosion on brake pipe next to the fuel tank.

Total price for the garage to fix is £294.56:eek:

Alex30013k
16th November 2006, 04:53
I put the wifes 75 in yesterday and it passed wit 2 advisorys:

1. Front/Rear Brake pads - less then 2k miles left
How on earth can anybody deem the mileage of a set of pads, is it not usually the thickness ie 10mm left etc!!!
2. Slight corrosion on brake pipe next to the fuel tank.

Total price for the garage to fix is £294.56:eek:

I would go else where....

apywell
16th November 2006, 19:16
I have just had the r/n/s wheel bearing replaced. They picked my car up from work, replaced the bearing, cleaned the car inside and out (and it did need doing), drove it back same day for £202. I live in Derby and the garage is in Loughborough. I didn't think that was bad.

REMF
19th November 2006, 17:28
Garage description was a little vague

I would describe them as lower wishbones-both replaced

Only do local mileage, so budget tyres fitted(£50.00 each), but ride is soooo much better, was a little scittery(sp) before, like a new car now:D

KevG-sounds a bit ott there, although I believe the brake pipes are quite a big job