PDA

View Full Version : Strange plug

driverjgp
14th November 2006, 15:54
Hi all,

Found this plug under the driver's seat, anyone know what it is for?:confused:

Mike
14th November 2006, 16:08
It's either of electric seats if you haven't got them or the heated seats power supply plug.

hth

Mike

Christopher
14th November 2006, 16:15
Could be for 'memory seats'. I have electric seats, but memory seats require a further connector as they actually sit on the K-bus!!

driverjgp
14th November 2006, 16:16
You would of thought it would be tied up and hidden away rather than just hanging around.

Commodore
14th November 2006, 19:32
Curious - I have the same plug hanging loose under my seats - and I have unheated manual seats!

Rob Bell
15th November 2006, 08:23
I doubt that this is for heated seats - after all, I would expect slightly heavier duty cables for the heater element?

raykay
15th November 2006, 08:39
It's for the seat belt buckle for the seat belt warning system but not all cars were fitted with it. I think it was only where it is was a market requirement.

driverjgp
15th November 2006, 09:44
It's for the seat belt buckle for the seat belt warning system but not all cars were fitted with it. I think it was only where it is was a market requirement.

So can it be pluged in?

raykay
15th November 2006, 12:02
If the buckle has the corresponding connector I would think so, although the system is also connected to the SRS ECU so it may need setting up via Testbook.

driverjgp
15th November 2006, 12:55
If the buckle has the corresponding connector I would think so, although the system is also connected to the SRS ECU so it may need setting up via Testbook.

I'll have a butchers in a little while and report back.

Commodore
15th November 2006, 22:55
I'll have a butchers in a little while and report back.
Please do, will be good to know if I can put it to good use rather than having it dangling loose under the seat.

driverjgp
16th November 2006, 05:15
Please do, will be good to know if I can put it to good use rather than having it dangling loose under the seat.

I think it just has to be left hanging around, I can't see anywhere where it may plug in.