PDA

View Full Version : Atc

villaman
14th November 2006, 20:20
Being A 75 Admirer I Have Just Bought A 2.5 Club, Superb Car But Having Problems With The Atc. As This Is New To Me I Could Be Doing Something Wrong!!! All Vents Seem To Work Ok ( Audible ) Defrost Is Audible Temps Set But No Heat ?? Am I Thick ?? Please Help It"s Ruining A Superb Ride.

GreyGhost
14th November 2006, 20:28
Being A 75 Admirer I Have Just Bought A 2.5 Club, Superb Car But Having Problems With The Atc. As This Is New To Me I Could Be Doing Something Wrong!!! All Vents Seem To Work Ok ( Audible ) Defrost Is Audible Temps Set But No Heat ?? Am I Thick ?? Please Help It"s Ruining A Superb Ride.

Hello Villaman and welcome

If the A/C is set to auto for example. you will always get cold air from the dash vents and the centre console to rear vent.
Warm/hot air is pumped through the low level vents at the front. Underseat vents at the rear and the screen vents.
You will only get warm/hot air if the temps are set high say 25 and above. Below that you will get warmed air and cold air as described. The auto function will try to balance the temperature throughout the car.
So try Auto mode with the temperature set high and have a feel around the various vents to start with, that should prove to you that it is all working.

Have you got the handbook, if not I can scan the pages for you and email them.

JP53
14th November 2006, 21:27

Hi villaman and welcome. The 2.5 warms up very quickly I only live about 8 minutes drive from were I work and I have warm air well before I arrive. Make sure the little wheel on the centre front vents is switched to the position that prevents it from getting cold air from the outside. If you do not get warm air into the car after about 5 minutes you may have a problem. Remember on auto setting the air may be coming out from a different place to conventional systems so set it on manual and for face and feet you will feel it then and will be able to see if it's hot. John

villaman
14th November 2006, 21:56
Hello Villaman and welcome

If the A/C is set to auto for example. you will always get cold air from the dash vents and the centre console to rear vent.
Warm/hot air is pumped through the low level vents at the front. Underseat vents at the rear and the screen vents.
You will only get warm/hot air if the temps are set high say 25 and above. Below that you will get warmed air and cold air as described. The auto function will try to balance the temperature throughout the car.
So try Auto mode with the temperature set high and have a feel around the various vents to start with, that should prove to you that it is all working.

Have you got the handbook, if not I can scan the pages for you and email them.
thanks for that grey ghost. i will give it a try. temp set at 20 at the moment.i do have the handbook, many thanks

villaman
14th November 2006, 21:58
Hi villaman and welcome. The 2.5 warms up very quickly I only live about 8 minutes drive from were I work and I have warm air well before I arrive. Make sure the little wheel on the centre front vents is switched to the position that prevents it from getting cold air from the outside. If you do not get warm air into the car after about 5 minutes you may have a problem. Remember on auto setting the air may be coming out from a different place to conventional systems so set it on manual and for face and feet you will feel it then and will be able to see if it's hot. John

thanks for the info john. i will try that. many thanks.

JP53
14th November 2006, 22:03
thanks for that grey ghost. i will give it a try. temp set at 20 at the moment.i do have the handbook, many thanks

20 is not very warm. I think you will find that is the problem. It is a bit confusing to use at first but it's a great system once you are used to it. Clears the screen very quickly too. Your rear screen will come on if you push in the front screen button so you will have to press the rear screen button to turn off the rear screen. It also comes on automatically if the outside temperature is below 10. John.

crofts
15th November 2006, 03:56
20 is not very warm. I think you will find that is the problem. It is a bit confusing to use at first but it's a great system once you are used to it. Clears the screen very quickly too. Your rear screen will come on if you push in the front screen button so you will have to press the rear screen button to turn off the rear screen. It also comes on automatically if the outside temperature is below 10. John.

Assume you get quicker heating of the interior if the recirculate button is pressed, initially at least. Yes, the front windscreen button is supposed to divert all air to the windscreen for fast demisting / de-icing. Push off after a few minutes. Like a ruddy pre-flight check at start up but you soon get used to the vesatility of the system :)