PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan

Phil
14th November 2006, 19:38
This is probably a question for Keith, but all input is very welcome.
Before I switch my engine off I let it idle for a minute with the air con on so the cooling fan runs and lets the engine cool a bit and the turbo stop spinning. Anyway, did this as usual, switched the a/c off and waited for the fan to stop but it didn't. It didn't stop until I switched the engine off. It has never done this before, any ideas?:confused:

Zeb
14th November 2006, 19:43
Before I switch my engine off I let it idle for a minute with the air con on so the cooling fan runs and lets the engine cool a bit and the turbo stop spinning. Anyway, did this as usual, switched the a/c off and waited for the fan to stop but it didn't. It didn't stop until I switched the engine off. It has never done this before, any ideas?:confused:

I have no experience of this on the Rover but my Chryslers have all done it, it just stays on until the temperature has dropped sufficiently.

crofts
15th November 2006, 03:10
I have no experience of this on the Rover but my Chryslers have all done it, it just stays on until the temperature has dropped sufficiently.

Think it will run until there is just less than a 10 degree difference between car temperature and ambient air temp. Am sure Keith will be along if I've got it wrong !

driverjgp
15th November 2006, 07:40

Mine does this from time to time and I wouldn't worry about it, try tuning the A/C off a few Miles before you get home and after you park up see if the fan is still running.

hth

Jason

Keith
15th November 2006, 11:14
Phil with a hot engine the engine ECU can keep the fan going or switch it on even after you turn off the ignition if necessary to cool the engine. I assume it is not on all the time now though even from cold with AC off as that would not be correct