PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle?

stonflo
25th September 2010, 09:49
I dont drive my 75 at night very often but last night I was out and the bulb warning light came on. When I got home it was the usual number plate light. Looked at it this morning and the filament seemed to be ok. Gave the holder a quick clean up replaced the bulb. Switched the lights on system showed no problems. Went and looked at the bulbs on the number plate and guess what the bulb on the right was out.
Repeated the whole cleaning process again and made sure the contacts were tight onto the bulb. Switch on the lights no problem shown on the system and the bulb was not on. Tried it with the engine running still no fault.
Any suggestions (sensible ones):shrug:

richardwjackson
25th September 2010, 10:14
This is another one of those very common problems on the 75/ZT (just like the old airbag fault).

I've had the same problem on 2 of my ZT's including my present one. I seem to get a lot of moisture in the bulb holder area so clean it out now and again.

It was out again last night when I went to work so I gave it a thump (sorry - not very technical) and it came back on!? :D

I'm sure somebody with more knowledge will be along soon to advise of an ultimate fix.

stocktake
25th September 2010, 12:12
Bulb failure light will only show if BOTH rear No plate lights fail. :) the circuit boards on the early ones are a real pita. replaces mine in the end with one from a breakers.

Parker
25th September 2010, 13:41
One of my number plate bulbs was very hit and miss whether it would light up or not, cleaning contacts and changing bulbs had no effect still hit and miss, so bought no canbus error LEDs and since no problems. Worth a try.