PDA

View Full Version : IPK Message Centre

mickinerimi
25th September 2010, 13:47
Hi all,
I have just got a new IPK Message Centre from Les at SMC together with a computer button stalk. Could someone point me to a 'How to' or guide me to what I have to do to:
a) Change the IPK over, physical replacement.
b) Get it set up via a T4.
Many thanks for your help.
Mick

keir1163
25th September 2010, 17:42
hi
you shouldnt fit the IPK till your at the Servie centre for the T4............
where are you in the country? Good guy in the south East is Messenger

mickinerimi
25th September 2010, 19:01
Hi keir1163,
Unfortunately I live in Cyprus (well fortunately really, but you know what I mean), and I had heard somewhere that it was not straight forward. So it needs changing at the garage who has the T4 does it?
There is the Landrover/Jaguar garage in Limassol, I guess I should seek help there, does Landrover garages have the T4?
What sort of delay should there be between actually changing the IPK and attaching the T4?
Can the car be driven to the garage after fitting the new IPK?
Lots of questions I know but want to do it properly.
Rgds
Mick

Lovel
25th September 2010, 20:52
Hi keir1163,
Unfortunately I live in Cyprus (well fortunately really, but you know what I mean), and I had heard somewhere that it was not straight forward. So it needs changing at the garage who has the T4 does it?
There is the Landrover/Jaguar garage in Limassol, I guess I should seek help there, does Landrover garages have the T4?
What sort of delay should there be between actually changing the IPK and attaching the T4?
Can the car be driven to the garage after fitting the new IPK?
Lots of questions I know but want to do it properly.
Rgds
Mick

It takes very little time to physically change the instrument pack over, why not let the dealer do it?

You can drive a limited distance with the new IPK fitted and without configuring it on T4, however I would not advise you to do this.

The Landrover dealer will have a T4, however he needs reconfigure the T4 to Rover if they have the CD's. However some Landrover agents may be reluctant to swap over software on the T4 pc to Rover. It is really quite easy if they have neccesary discs RDS5.06, DST0005V and a red coloured J1962 plug.

Once booted up with T4 pc,
Press cntrl alt X to get out of T4 screen and into windows
Insert Landrover RDS6.0 into cd drive
A window wll pop up...uninstall...press yes
After uninstalling, PC will shut down, remove RDS6.0 disc at same time
Start up PC again, install Rover disc RDS5.06
PC will shut down once installed removed RDS5.06 as it shuts down.
Reboot pc and once Rover menu appears insert CD DST0005V.

Follow T4 bulletin to install IPK

mickinerimi
26th September 2010, 10:28
It takes very little time to physically change the instrument pack over, why not let the dealer do it?

You can drive a limited distance with the new IPK fitted and without configuring it on T4, however I would not advise you to do this.

The Landrover dealer will have a T4, however he needs reconfigure the T4 to Rover if they have the CD's. However some Landrover agents may be reluctant to swap over software on the T4 pc to Rover. It is really quite easy if they have neccesary discs RDS5.06, DST0005V and a red coloured J1962 plug.

Once booted up with T4 pc,
Press cntrl alt X to get out of T4 screen and into windows
Insert Landrover RDS6.0 into cd drive
A window wll pop up...uninstall...press yes
After uninstalling, PC will shut down, remove RDS6.0 disc at same time
Start up PC again, install Rover disc RDS5.06
PC will shut down once installed removed RDS5.06 as it shuts down.
Reboot pc and once Rover menu appears insert CD DST0005V.

Follow T4 bulletin to install IPK

Lovel,
Thank you very much for the detailed information, very much appreciated. I will visit the dealer tomorrow and get him to swap over the IPK together with the T4 work required.
Mick

T-Cut
26th September 2010, 11:37
More info:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/waveguide/IPK_Replacement.jpg

TC