PDA

View Full Version : lack of urgency 2.0v6

russell brown
26th September 2010, 13:33
hi i have just given engine a full service and changed plugs mainly because engine feeled very sluggish.
i have only owned vehicle for approx 1 month having upgraded from an omega 2.0 and the engine didnt seem as punchy it is a lot better know but still feels like there is a delay or something as engine still doesnt feel alive until halfway up the rev range which once its got its momentum seems a different car. still it makes a nice noise:}
my father owns a cdt 115 and he feels its underpowered on the hills by his house which upset me as im supposed to have about 40 horsepower more!!
is this nature of car or is there a problem.:shrug:

rrobson
26th September 2010, 13:45
should have got the 2.5 v6 then :D
as for the lack of urgency, it may be down to either or both VIS motors not wouking on the manifold (do a search if your not sur what i mean, theres plenty about them on here ;))

chris75
26th September 2010, 18:45
THe comments about the VIS motors are indeed valid , but you don't say whether you are driving an automatic or a manual box car. If it is manual, then remember the 2.0 v6 gets its power higher in the rev range , and perhaps you just need to change down :shrug:
You've got more horses than the cdt, but the cdt gets its torque earlier .

russell brown
26th September 2010, 19:07
would accept the idea that its just the way the engine is, i just need to put my mind at ease that its running ok.
going to contact moderators about using the vis tester and may well just buy new vis if they have gone.:(
if it is merely the nature of the engine i may well swap it for a 130 cdt dont want to as its got really nice spec!!:shrug:

stocktake
26th September 2010, 19:12
Russell, check out the nano meet thread, it's next weekend why not pop along there will be lots of us about that can help and i will have a VIS tester with me. not far from you is it?

you will be made more than welcome

russell brown
26th September 2010, 19:21
yeah will definelity be there be on the sunday if thats ok for vis test?
how will know who you are for test?:bowdown:
if i can help with anyone who gots some work to do sun noon count me in:}

richardwjackson
26th September 2010, 19:23
I think its just the nature of the engine. Even the ZT 190 feels sluggish in my opinion up until about 3,500 rpm as there isn't that much low down torque.

jn12
26th September 2010, 20:00
Russell,

as others have said this will be Vis related, i had similar problems with my 2.0 V6 auto and replacing these made a differance. The 2.0 max torque is not until 4000rpm! so needs to revved a bit to make swifter progress, still a good and smooth engine though :)