PDA

View Full Version : Juddering at speed

Eljay55
26th September 2010, 22:40
Hi guys,
I thought this started the other day but put it to the back of my mind and put it down to road surface. I have just returned from a trip away this weekend and it has started to happen again. At lowish revs (1600-1800rpm) i detect a judder, not from the wheels as it would with out of balance tyres but an obvious front to back judder as though it's the auto box or something.This happened about 4-5 times on a 80 mile trip and i was able to drive out of it as i increased the revs.
Any clues guys??
Thanks, Graham

Lates
26th September 2010, 23:03
Hmmm.......... not much springs to mind on this one. The only little inkling I get (long shot !) is the high pressure fuel line vibration issue which remains unsolved. do a search for that concern and see if its similar.

Roj
27th September 2010, 11:28
Hmmm.......... not much springs to mind on this one. The only little inkling I get (long shot !) is the high pressure fuel line vibration issue which remains unsolved. do a search for that concern and see if its similar.
Mine does that - I thought it might be the turbo not cutting in cleanly - I don't understand so put it on the back burner. Now someone else has reported the issue it might be more widespread that I imagined. Even fitted a ronbox and pierburg to nail it, but no improvement.

simdel1
27th September 2010, 11:39
Possibly a MAF issue. Try disconnecting the MAF to see if the problem goes away.

jaffo
27th September 2010, 11:39
Hi guys,
I thought this started the other day but put it to the back of my mind and put it down to road surface. I have just returned from a trip away this weekend and it has started to happen again. At lowish revs (1600-1800rpm) i detect a judder, not from the wheels as it would with out of balance tyres but an obvious front to back judder as though it's the auto box or something.This happened about 4-5 times on a 80 mile trip and i was able to drive out of it as i increased the revs.
Any clues guys??
Thanks, Graham

i dont know if its the same thing but something similar used to happen to my old facelift ztt and it was found to be to do with the roof weldings having not been done properly allowing the roof area to vibrate at certain revs....it used to drive me mental and was the only fault on the car.

as i recall it could be fixed by some light welding to the roof but it entailed taking the roof lining out which scared me too much to attempt.