PDA

View Full Version : brakes/shacky steering

gogs34
26th September 2010, 22:52
hi everyone, i have a problem with my brakes they seem to shake alot when hard braking from high speed but eases when speed drops! any ideas? also my airbag light keeps coming on now and then!

thanks for any help i receive

J

Dragrad
26th September 2010, 22:58
Hard braking would cause the ABS to activate, which feels like juddering and is normal.

Wrt to the airbag light, check the connection under the passenger seat, it may have worked loose.

gogs34
26th September 2010, 23:03
had not thought of abs mmmm well that might save me replacing the discs thought i may have cooked them! i will check passenger seat!

cheers

J

Dave Goody
27th September 2010, 11:04
had not thought of abs mmmm well that might save me replacing the discs thought i may have cooked them! i will check passenger seat!

cheers

J

There is also one under the drivers seat:}

chrissyboy
27th September 2010, 21:34
the abs shouldnt shake when brakeing at speed ,will only active if it senses diffrent speeds off the wheels ,sounds more like warped dics loose pads \or well worn or loose caliper

gogs34
27th September 2010, 21:57
i was thinking warped discs they are uprated discs, with green stuff pads, so they can take sum heat! i do have a clunking noise when movin back and brake, then move forward then brake but if you go forward again after braking goin forward it does not make a noise! my local grease monkey says its becus the after market pads are moving in the caliper! may this cause the shaking wen braking if there not the right size to fit? or like you said could be warped discs or calipers!

thanks

J

gogs34
29th September 2010, 17:03
solved the airbag light issue it was a loose connection under drivers seat! i just tighted the plug up with a zip tie!

cheers

J