PDA

View Full Version : CDT Cutting out finally fixed

bramblp
27th September 2010, 17:55
Hi All

After 6 months of my CDT cutting out finally opted to have the injectors re-conditioned by Lynx Diesels which cured the fault.

The symptoms were cutting out under load at any revs in any gear except first, I could reach almost any speed or any rev as long as I got there gently, The symptons were worse with the Air-Con on or going up-hill, then after 5 months it began to get difficult to start when hot ( required a lot of spinning )

Hope this may help others

Roverowner
27th September 2010, 17:59
Hi All

After 6 months of my CDT cutting out finally opted to have the injectors re-conditioned by Lynx Diesels which cured the fault.

The symptoms were cutting out under load at any revs in any gear except first, I could reach almost any speed or any rev as long as I got there gently, The symptons were worse with the Air-Con on or going up-hill, then after 5 months it began to get difficult to start when hot ( required a lot of spinning )

Hope this may help others

Good one.... cheers:D

Matt1960
28th September 2010, 14:41
So, can we assume this was excessive leakback that caused the symptoms?
Matt

bramblp
28th September 2010, 18:01
I never actually preformed the Leakback test but I was told by Lynx Diesiels that all the nozzles were shot, Both pumps were working and the fault would occur weather the tank was brimmed or about to run dry, my local Rover dealer had a 30,000 mile CDT that had rolled and tried the high pressure pump relief valve, the fuel rail pressure regulator and the camshaft sensor from the donor car on mine but the fault persisted, all fuel pressures were measured using T4 and were ok, so it was a bit of a mystery which component was causing the fault so as the car had done 170,000 miles having the injectors re-conditioned would not be a waste of money and when the additional fault ( becomming harder to start when hot ) occured I decided to shell out and go for it