PDA

View Full Version : engine shudder/ splutter/jolt

Villa Villan
27th September 2010, 21:26
I noticed last week when we were in Devon that The Boss gave a bit of a shudder when I gave the right foot an extra press when going up an incline, a couple of wee jolts/ splutters for a few seconds and then she was fine, I feel it maybe a fuel or ignition thing and I did have the check engine light come on for a few seconds at the beginning of the 200 mile drive home when she did this for the third time and that was it, no further episodes since...Any Ideas as to what could be going on?...I put new plugs in her earlier in the year.

Cheers
Tony

Phil
27th September 2010, 21:28
Hi Tony, possibly your coil packs are faulty or another thing to check would be your turbo vac pipes.

Villa Villan
27th September 2010, 21:37
Hi Phil, excuse me for being a bit dim...Are the coil packs the ones that go onto each individual plug and the turbo vac pipes sounds like something we have on our Dyson :D...Thanks for your quick response fella.

Cheers
Tony

rrobson
27th September 2010, 21:42
i would have said you had a couple of mis-fires, so sounds very much like one of the coil packs. located on the top of the engine, and go down the the spark plugs :)

Phil
27th September 2010, 21:44
Hi Phil, excuse me for being a bit dim...Are the coil packs the ones that go onto each individual plug and the turbo vac pipes sounds like something we have on our Dyson :D...Thanks for your quick response fella.

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony, yeah, the coil packs are the ones that go onto the plugs. The turbo vac pipes, if you look at the turbo follow the small thin pipe up to the square box up on the air box. Just make sure its secure and not split etc.

Villa Villan
27th September 2010, 22:07
Nice one Phil and RR, will check them both :bowdown::D.

Cheers
Tony

Dragrad
27th September 2010, 23:20
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old.

mcspider
28th September 2010, 11:22
i had a similar problem but worse when i put my foot down it was like hitting a brick wall then off we would go only happend now and then the rest of the time it was fine changed both coil packs and fine now smooth power build

Villa Villan
28th September 2010, 21:11
What am I looking to pay for the coil packs?.

Cheers
Tony

mcspider
28th September 2010, 21:36
i paid £77.60 today for the 2 thats with vat included

rrobson
28th September 2010, 21:43
i paid £77.60 today for the 2 thats with vat included

at that price, id be tempted to check the local scrappies first. when i had my 25, that needed a new coil pack and i picked one up (used obviously) for a fiver because it didnt have the lead for the other cylinder. you could go through a fair few with the money you would save

mcspider
28th September 2010, 22:00
i think thats what the guy i bought the car off must of done because he said he had changed them recently so check them carefully cheers mark

Villa Villan
29th September 2010, 20:10
Got a pair from Camberley Auto Factors in Hove today for a few pence over £53 so I hope that's The Boss sorted when I fit them...Thanks again chaps for your input and I will let you know if it was the fix.

Cheers
Tony

eddiemc05
29th September 2010, 21:08
Hi, check plenum drains aswell as maybe the incline shifted trapped water aronud the ecu, sounds extreme but if its multiple misfires and the coils check out ok, then its worth a thought, lots of info on here about plenums and its a great precautionary,

chrissyboy
29th September 2010, 22:24
What am I looking to pay for the coil packs?.

Cheers
Tony

about £32 each at uni part