PDA

View Full Version : Help Key fob does not work?

mohair
29th September 2010, 08:36
Hi Everyone, i went out to the car this morning to put the pram in the boot and the car would not unlock????? fob led lights when pressing but nothing. i then got spare key but still nothing? put the key in the door and it unlocked and the indicators lights went off as normal (when unlocking).

cant be the fob batteries? is it the sync? if so how much to get it repaired?

please help!

p.s. - didnt try to start it but asked the wife to so just waiting to hear back.

thanks!

Greeners
29th September 2010, 08:44
welcome along...

press either button 4 times in quick succession to re sync the key

Failing that a battery reset may cure it.

Joseph
29th September 2010, 08:52
I've heard variatons on the press 4 times thing, one was that you had to be well away from the car and hold one of the buttons down to de-charge the key (No idea) then go to the car and press unlock 4 times quickly.

Did it work before or has it never worked?

mohair
29th September 2010, 09:12
Hi Guys,

yes it has worked fine since we have had the car, actually apart from the bonnet catch this is the only thing. i'll get the wife to try the 4 press and see. if not you pulling power from battery could do it?

thanks guys

Arctic
29th September 2010, 09:22
Hi
I had this happen to me about two weeks ago i put key in to start care nothing tried spare same, pressed unlock fast four times everthing back to normal i was having trouble with the alarm going off all the time to touch wood it seems to have stoped open i have'nt opened my big mouth :D:getmecoat:good luck Arctic

mohair
29th September 2010, 10:33
well the car starts ok so sounds like the sync is out. wifey is coming into my work to later i'll try the x4 press. so literally 4 one after the other but quickly........... fingers crossed.

thanks chaps.

mohair
29th September 2010, 10:56
tis working!!! thanks!

mohair
29th September 2010, 19:46
problems again, it works when you are about a foot away but if you go any further away it doesn't work.

could it be both batteries are low? is there an internal battery on the remote on the car?

chrissyboy
29th September 2010, 19:58
sounds like you need new fob battries