PDA

View Full Version : Tourers rear door trim

Rich978
29th September 2010, 12:46
Hi all a bit of advice needed my rear door on the drivers side the trim keeps coming loose along the top side by the window any 1 no how best to get it to clip in and stay in place? Its the only bit of trim thats worked loose, and from me being to heavy handed the other day whilst tapping it back into place i caught the door lock button making that fall into the door i retrieved it ok but can't seem to get it to stay in place just keeps falling back inside the door, so any advice would be appreciated thanx.

ceb
29th September 2010, 12:55
Hi all a bit of advice needed my rear door on the drivers side the trim keeps coming loose along the top side by the window any 1 no how best to get it to clip in and stay in place? Its the only bit of trim thats worked loose, and from me being to heavy handed the other day whilst tapping it back into place i caught the door lock button making that fall into the door i retrieved it ok but can't seem to get it to stay in place just keeps falling back inside the door, so any advice would be appreciated thanx.

Been there done that!!

First thing you going to need are these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-ZR-DOOR-PANEL-TRIM-CLIPS-X10-/350253436695?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518cbb4f17

Goes by lots of names, but most referred to as 'chrstmas tree' connectors ('cause of the the pointy shape I think)

Then you need to search the forum for 'door card removal', there's loads of stuff and I'm sure some kind soul will be along with a link in a minute, but basically you take the door card off/away from the door, you will probably find at least on of these clips is broken, slide a new one in and push the door card back on, this clip holds the door card tight to the skin and allows the metal fixing clip that's showing along the top edge to grip the door card.

The lock button rod sits in a locating hole on the face of the door lock mechanism and with the door card off you can stick that back in as well.

Job jobbed:)

Rich978
29th September 2010, 13:05
Okay mate thanx i'll have a search around, i'll have to try that and get the trim off and relocate the lock like i said its the only 1 thats come loose.

ceb
29th September 2010, 13:19
Okay mate thanx i'll have a search around, i'll have to try that and get the trim off and relocate the lock like i said its the only 1 thats come loose.

It's one of those things it useful to know anyway (getting the door card off) as you get access to the window guides/motors etc and all the other bits.

Once you've done one and got the gist of it it's really easy, the only pains can be the center clip by the door handle which needs to come off (as it stays attached to the fixing when you pull the door card off) so you have to remember to take it off of the fixing and put it back on the door card before you push the door card back on, and the door release cable/button which sometimes has a habit of dropping off whilst you mucking around and can be a bit tiresome to reconnect as you don't have much room to work, but again once you've done it once it all makes sense!

Good luck..

Rich978
29th September 2010, 14:27
Thanx yeah i'll have to give it ago soon and get it sorted out always a nightmare door cards to do can be tricky better get few of those clips on standby lol cheers again for your advice mate