PDA

View Full Version : Zt v6

Alan.F
30th September 2010, 10:22
Hi all

My brothers ZT 160 V6 has blown its thermostat can anyone give me the part numbers i need to replace it i have looked on rimmers can only find the housing its self need the pipe and clips plus inlet gaskets aswell

many thanks
Alan

jn12
30th September 2010, 17:21
Hi Alan,

Thermostat kit is - PEM101050K

Inlet manifold gaskets (buy a Rover or Land Rover one the reproduced ones are not that good I have heard) 2x PEM101050K

Also replace these o rings on the injectors (l did not and had problems) 6x MKD000010L

Would also recomend replacing the coolant temp sensor as this is near by -MEK000030L

I found it best to take the bottom hose and drop the coolant, not good if any water gets into anything when you remove the manifolds. If you do 5 litres of red OAT Coolant will be needed places like Unipart sell for about £12 and it makes 10 litres.

Good how to on this link - http://www.jimmcglynn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/zt/projects/thermostat/index.html

Does not mention about refilling and bleeding the cooling system after although this is detailed in the Haynes manual or on here.

Hope he has fun!

Regards
John

Alan.F
30th September 2010, 17:41
Hi Alan,

Thermostat kit is - PEM101050K

Inlet manifold gaskets (buy a Rover or Land Rover one the reproduced ones are not that good I have heard) 2x PEM101050K

Also replace these o rings on the injectors (l did not and had problems) 6x MKD000010L

Would also recomend replacing the coolant temp sensor as this is near by -MEK000030L

I found it best to take the bottom hose and drop the coolant, not good if any water gets into anything when you remove the manifolds. If you do 5 litres of red OAT Coolant will be needed places like Unipart sell for about £12 and it makes 10 litres.

Good how to on this link - http://www.jimmcglynn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/zt/projects/thermostat/index.html

Does not mention about refilling and bleeding the cooling system after although this is detailed in the Haynes manual or on here.

Hope he has fun!

Regards
John

Hi John
thx very much for the detailed info