PDA

View Full Version : fule pump prob

tags1888
1st October 2010, 20:50
I have a ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR CDT. It cut out on me as i was driving home,think its a fuel prob,The diesel leeks out a little at the back under the boot.I think its the Diesel Heater Radiator.Can you help me

92 squadron
1st October 2010, 20:52
I have a ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR CDT. It cut out on me as i was driving home,think its a fuel prob,The diesel leeks out a little at the back under the boot.I think its the Diesel Heater Radiator.Can you help me
The radiator you mention is the diesel return to tank cooler.

tags1888
1st October 2010, 20:57
If the diesel return to tank cooler was leeking would that cause the the car to stop running?

92 squadron
1st October 2010, 21:10
If the diesel return to tank cooler was leeking would that cause the the car to stop running?

Try unplugging your maf sensor. If it runs O.K.ish then you have diagnosed your problem.

tags1888
2nd October 2010, 18:28
I have a ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR CDT. It cut out on me 8 times as i was driving home,think its a fuel prob,The diesel leeks out a little at the back under the boot.I have been told its the diesel return to tank cooler, would that cause the the car to stop running? A garage said it could be the inside tank fule pump. Can you help me. dont whant to get ripped off. Thanks brian

James.uk
2nd October 2010, 18:57
Sounds like an in tank fuel pump problem. Normally the under bonnet pump will keep the car going but if the in tank one failed a while back, then the under bonnet one has been under stress and may be on it's last legs. :shrug:

As for the leak, I think you need to get under the car and physically have good look at the return cooler unit and connections. But a leak from there wont cause the engine to stop.. :shrug:

Do a search under "Jules" (A Welsh bloke ;)) he sells spare parts, pumps etc.. :D

COLVERT
2nd October 2010, 21:43
I have a ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR CDT. It cut out on me 8 times as i was driving home,think its a fuel prob,The diesel leeks out a little at the back under the boot.I have been told its the diesel return to tank cooler, would that cause the the car to stop running? A garage said it could be the inside tank fule pump. Can you help me. dont whant to get ripped off. Thanks brian
Try listening to the two fuel pumps.
1/ Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
2/ Listen just above the rear seat squab behind the drivers seat. If the pump is OK you will hear it running.
3/ Open the bonnet and listen for the front pump running. It is situated just to the left of the battery.

The pumps will both run for about 30 seconds after the ignition is first turned on so you will need to be fairly quick or do it in two goes.
If you find there is no sound from one or other of the pumps then you have found your problem.

There are however other sensor failures that can give you the problems you are having.
1/ Cam sensor.
2/ Crank sensor.
3/ Fuel high pressure rail sensor.
Or maybe just a bad electrical connection to one or other of them.

Colvert. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Dragrad
2nd October 2010, 21:58
Threads merged, as one is the continuation of the other. Re-direct left.

Big Blue 75
2nd December 2022, 13:11
Hi my high pressure pump seems to leak when I try to start my Rover 75 CDTi, 2005 saloon. Where can I source a second hand replacement pump, please, or reconditioned one at a reasonable price? (the old girl is on her last legs, and I dont want to throw money at her. So is the car!):shrug:

Mike Noc
2nd December 2022, 14:52
Cheapest option would be to buy a seal kit and reseal your own pump. If you want a good used one then try Mickyboy on here.

bigblue75
2nd December 2022, 15:51
Hi my high pressure pump seems to leak when I try to start my Rover 75 CDTi, 2005 saloon. Where can I source a second hand replacement pump, please, or reconditioned one at a reasonable price? (the old girl is on her last legs, and I dont want to throw money at her. So is the car!):shrug:

The thread https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201927 and post 5 specifically will give you a good start, try searching the forum for hp refurbishment / overhaul.
Thought Arctic had done one of his excellent how to's regarding this but I'm finding the search function a bit hit or miss at times.

Just like to point out that we are not related :}

YHT
2nd December 2022, 17:16
Have done a couple of in tank pump replacements. 1st time I got a Peugot complete pump and sender and striped out the pum as they are the same as our R75 ones (if you do this make sure its nice and warm so the plastic bits dont break / are more flexible. The 2nd time I did it found that you can get just the pump at about 1/3 of the price. There is a thread on this site somehwere that someone has shared their knowledge and source of pump. Good luck

bigblue75
8th December 2022, 09:59
Have done a couple of in tank pump replacements. 1st time I got a Peugot complete pump and sender and striped out the pum as they are the same as our R75 ones (if you do this make sure its nice and warm so the plastic bits dont break / are more flexible. The 2nd time I did it found that you can get just the pump at about 1/3 of the price. There is a thread on this site somehwere that someone has shared their knowledge and source of pump. Good luck

Not sure if the thread resurrection led to a misunderstanding of the more recent request for help? The similarly named member mentioned the HP pump leaking when started... hopefully that's the only problem and one that he will report back on when fixed.