PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas lads

shrimper 1
2nd October 2010, 23:32
Hi All, A few weeks ago when I turned the car around at the bottom of the road I got this almost tinny niose when I turned sharp right (almost full lock), This did not happen again and as I could not see anything wrong I did not worry about it until yesterday, I had to park in the multi story car park in Basildon town centre and as I went up the ramps between levels and turned sharp right at the top of each one I got the same niose but more a tinny matalic rubble and a lot louder than befor, The problem is I still cant see anything wrong, Any ideas of what could be wrong would be welcome as I cant get the car to my son in laws repair shop untill next weekend and I am a little conserned about driving the car to and from work all week then the 70 odd miles to the work shop.

Regards John.:confused:

Jakg
2nd October 2010, 23:43
Tyres rubbing on the wheelarch? Power steering problem? Low steering fluid? Bearings? Strut top bearings?

Dragrad
2nd October 2010, 23:47
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old.

T-Cut
3rd October 2010, 00:40
A tinny sound could be due to a sloppy wheel bearing. This might allow the brake disc to rub against the splash guard under conditions of maximum side thrust (full lock for example).

TC

HarryM1BYT
3rd October 2010, 08:07
A tinny sound could be due to a sloppy wheel bearing. This might allow the brake disc to rub against the splash guard under conditions of maximum side thrust (full lock for example).

TC

I agree with that, if it is a light tinny rattle. A deeper noise will probably be the steering pump, some of which can be quite noisy on full lock - but they will usually make the same noise on full lock whether stationary or moving.

shrimper 1
3rd October 2010, 20:26

TC

Hi TC, Sounds like you may have hit that nail on the head again. As my car was due for its service and MOT a week on monday my son in law has taken the car to his wookshop a week early so he can sort the problem, and do the service ect, which leaves me driveing my wifes astra, o joy of joys, still its better than the bus, Thanks for the reply.

Regards John.