PDA

View Full Version : VIS motors question

milosnikolic
3rd October 2010, 18:45
Hello everyone,

Couple of days ago I wanted to check if my vis motors are good and removed them from the manifold, opened them, cleaned them and tested them with 9 volts battery and they were both good.

When I was putting them back on the manifold the power vis "initialized" by moving when ignition was on, but balance vis didn't.

Then I moved the position of the motor to one side with 9 volts battery and reconnected to the car, but still no movement.

Eve though car is driving well and I feel a kick @ 3000 rpm, I still don't know how to check if balance vis is really working. Is there any fuse for vis motors?

Any suggestions ?

stocktake
3rd October 2010, 18:59
Would be interested to know how you tested them? just becaused the motor works it does not follow that the rest of the components are working.

In short, the operation of the VIS is:

Blue and yellow is the live to the motor. the black is the 1st negative.

On the power VIS the switched or second negative is orange and yellow.

On the balance VIS the switched or second negative is slate and black.

To fully test the VIS>

Connect live and 1st neg to a 9v battery ( 12v may make the VIS overrun and jam, this is not a ploblem when the VIS is in situ) the VIS should go to the rest position, Connecting the switched/second negative should see the VIS motor across and stop. disconnecting the second negative should see the VIS motor back again.

HTH

milosnikolic
3rd October 2010, 19:59
Thank you Dave, I tested motors just the way you described.

I'm just looking at the electrical schematic and it seems that wires from the VIS motors are going directly to ECU. Is it true ?

Is it possible that ECU is burned or malfunctioning ?

stocktake
3rd October 2010, 20:06
I havent come across that to be honest. It could be the balance was in the correct position anyway?