PDA

View Full Version : Broken powerfold mirror

Raistlin
4th October 2010, 09:11
In view of the increasing number of powerfold mirrors succumbing to the dreaded worm gear wear failure, I'm going to try and source suitable replacements at a reasonable cost.

In view of this, does anybody have a broken powerfold mirror , or preferably just the worm gear assembly that they can let me have please?

mh007
4th October 2010, 09:36
In view of the increasing number of powerfold mirrors succumbing to the dreaded worm gear wear failure, I'm going to try and source suitable replacements at a reasonable cost.

In view of this, does anybody have a broken powerfold mirror , or preferably just the worm gear assembly that they can let me have please?

I don't have a broken powerfold but I think that's a damn good idea.

It appears that these are like hen's teeth to get hold of & i've got them on one of my 75's & my ZT so I for one would be interested in a 'repair kit'.

Cheers

lathbury
4th October 2010, 11:26
Hi Raistlin, That's a great idea as I have a drivers side mirror with the "chatters". Many thanks for trying. John.

tazman3
4th October 2010, 17:58
As mentioned in my pm's Paul, i for one would definately be up for two of these cogs

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/caltaz3/P1010249-1.jpg

I will keep my eye out for a powerfold on ebay shame i just sold my spare last week aswell!!

Martin

Parker
4th October 2010, 18:01
This will be excellent if it can be done, my powerfolds are fine at present but who knows what's around the corner.

Simondi
4th October 2010, 18:02

Good luck with that, I'm sure there will be a lot of powerfold owners waiting to hear how you get on. As for me, still got skull caps at present.:(

Just noticed Parker beat me to it!

pab
4th October 2010, 18:15
any replacement parts for these motors,i too would be interested..

pbaker
10th October 2010, 23:24
would make me very wary of buying second after seeing the pic's. did not know they were that vunerable. peter