PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise????

lew1kat
4th October 2010, 15:27
Hi All,

New to the forum as i have just purchased my first ZT CDTI+ 135 and she is beautiful.......... But a strange noise has started to bug me. When driving along and when i press the clutch to change gear, as the revs reduce there is a wierd air groaning type noise and it seems to change pitch when the revs go up or down.:shrug:

any ideas.

thanks guys

boe
14th October 2010, 22:04
hope you find out what it is as i have the same noise cant find where its commin from will keep an eye on this post

richardwjackson
14th October 2010, 22:39
Could quite possibly be the thrust bearing. Somebody with more technical knowledge may be able to diagnose the problem better. :}.

I see you are both in the north west region. Please keep an eye on the events and meets folder for updates on meets in our area. Any input form you both regarding future meets would be very much appreciated.

Also, please take a minute to add yourself to the regional map, a link to which is located below my signature.

boe
15th October 2010, 09:02
cant be that mate i had the noise before new full clutch and after

pablo892
15th October 2010, 09:03
See this thread;

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8256

It's common on the diesel engines, and would seem to point to resonance in the high pressure fuel lines.
The good news is it's nothing to worry about - mine does it too and I've just got used to it now.

P

flyer_phil
15th October 2010, 16:30
Yes we call it the 'Very English Noise'

In keeping with the proud Rover heritage, the designers decided around 2004 that overseas owners would have to be reminded of the fact they are driving an English (sorry British) car with a stiff upper lip, and what better way but to have the sound of an old fashioned kettle boiling when changing gear.

Yes we British have tea even when motoring. Its who we are, its what makes us British - the kettle boiling for a nice cup of tea.