PDA

View Full Version : Resonance rattle behind airbag...

Spanky
5th October 2010, 09:05
I have a rather annoying rattle that only occurs around 1800rpm - I have tracked it down to behind the passenger airvent - the flimsy plastic feed for the air, or what this connects to (if I hold onto this tight the buzz goes) - but as it disappears behind the airbag so I cannot see whats causing it.

I have removed the airbag cover,but not the airbag - bit scared to - would removing it show whats behind, or does the dash cover it up?

Has anyone had a buzz from behind there and found the cause?

woody804
5th October 2010, 10:44
I have exactly the same noise, mine is also a 2004 MKII ZT, Ive had the dash covers off, the clock out, all the vents have been tightened up, i too have taken the air bag cover up and disconnected the battery and left for 30 mins, pulled air bag out, still couldnt find the rattle, in the end i bought a rubber door stop, cut about an inch of from the end and put it under the windscreen just where the light sensor is, it has stopped it but it does occur from time to time but not everyday like it used to, hope this helps.
Paul

T-Cut
5th October 2010, 16:14
One sure cause of a dashboard rattle is the BCU, which is rather loosely mounted behind the dash area. Wrapping the unit in foam has worked wonders for some sufferers.

TC