PDA

View Full Version : Creak on pedal box...

Spanky
5th October 2010, 09:06
I have a creak, well more of a click I suppose that happens at the very top of the clutch pedal, I thought it may have been the master cylinder etc but investigation and lubrication has shown that this isn't the case and infact pressing the brake pedal quite hard also replicates the noise - so the noise must be coming from the pedal box/shaft arrangement somewhere.

Has anyone come across this before and had any luck finding the cause..?

Zeb
5th October 2010, 10:30
'They all do that sir'...:)

To a greater or lesser degree.....My Cdti 75 did it, my ZT-T 190 does it and my ZT V8 does it....drives me MAD....:shrug:

Spanky
5th October 2010, 10:35
'They all do that sir'...:)

To a greater or lesser degree.....My Cdti 75 did it, my ZT-T 190 does it and my ZT V8 does it....drives me MAD....:shrug:

They don't all do it, my last one didn't.

richardwjackson
5th October 2010, 11:00
mine does it....very annoying! :mad:

Jules
5th October 2010, 11:16
Applying silicone grease in the right places (on pivots & linkage around the plastic pedal box area) will cure this, but you need to be a contortionist!

DO NOT willy nilly spray stuff like WD under there as it will attack the hydraulic rubber components. Use Silicone based only or "Molycote" a plastics lubricant.

Spanky
5th October 2010, 11:42
I have some rubber grease left over, that any good..?

If not, I will get some silicone grease.

richardwjackson
5th October 2010, 13:13
Can the creak have anything to do with wear of the thrust bearing?

paicey
5th October 2010, 14:06
i too have a cleaky crutch, tis annoying... best cure is.... turn up the radio, works great

richardwjackson
5th October 2010, 14:11
i too have a cleaky crutch, tis annoying... best cure is.... turn up the radio, works great

cleaky crutch?? :D:D:D

simdel1
5th October 2010, 16:26
Me too! I only notice it ocasionally though. I'll have to get some sicone spray and see what difference it makes.

Jules
5th October 2010, 19:35
I have some rubber grease left over, that any good..?

If not, I will get some silicone grease.

Should be Ok but can be a challenge to squeeze a grease into the necessary crevices

Spanky
5th October 2010, 21:06
Should be Ok but can be a challenge to squeeze a grease into the necessary crevices

Where are the necessary crevices?

I will remove ribs if it means I can bend enough to stop the creak :mad: