PDA

View Full Version : Serious water leak

nigel38
5th October 2010, 20:11
Hi all' This is my first thread so here goes.. i have a 75 that seems to be letting in water very badly on the passenger side (front & back) there is a deep puddle after it rains. i have checked the drain holes from my sunroof and the drain holes at bottom of doors and they are clear and letting water out. Wierd thing is that after i had dried the puddle and drove for the day the puddle re-appeared behind the passengers seat and it didnt even rain. Im thinking it might be sitting in the heater under the seat but no idea how it gets there. Any ideas will be gratefully recieved..Many thanks

stocktake
5th October 2010, 20:15
Do a search for Plenum drains ASAP. The plenum is an area that houses the ECU and can have 3 or 4 drains depending on build date. If the lower drains are blocked it will find its way to the cab and your ECU is in danger of taking a bath.

Also when the water shows in the rear footwell it indicates the front footwell is full. You will have around a 5 litres of water under your carpet:mad:

phil & helen
6th October 2010, 12:09
where the sunroof drainpipe goes into bulkhead , this is passenger footwell side behind panel by door , mine popped out & filled not only passenger front but rear as well , not pretty !!

Hi all' This is my first thread so here goes.. i have a 75 that seems to be letting in water very badly on the passenger side (front & back) there is a deep puddle after it rains. i have checked the drain holes from my sunroof and the drain holes at bottom of doors and they are clear and letting water out. Wierd thing is that after i had dried the puddle and drove for the day the puddle re-appeared behind the passengers seat and it didnt even rain. Im thinking it might be sitting in the heater under the seat but no idea how it gets there. Any ideas will be gratefully recieved..Many thanks

Dragrad
6th October 2010, 17:36
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old.

Tony777
7th October 2010, 14:40
Have you checked the door and boot rubbers?
I had something simular with a Peugeot 406 a few years ago and eventually found out it was the rubber around the boot that was leaking and the water was getting through into the car.

Greeners
10th October 2010, 10:34
If the car has been wet for some time, the carpet will hold a lot of water, several litres even gallons in extreme cases.

Your 2 most likely causes are blocked plenum, or front sunroof drain.

If there are ok, then rear sunroof drain would be next on the list. Door and boot seals are unlikely, and rear light seals tend to fill the wheel well.