PDA

View Full Version : going rate for duff cooling fans?

pondweed
15th November 2006, 08:00
whats the going rate for duff fans? one on ebay for £20. (is it from one of you, perhaps!?)
Wondering whether, if no new brushes are available (Keith - any signs?) to rebuild one with the remaining good brushes from mine...

JohnFol
15th November 2006, 08:15
Hi pondweed.
It seems there is 1 brush that dissintegrates to nothing, but the others have some life left in them when the fan fails.
If you want a spare, longer brush to have on hand when you dismantle yours, I should have one from when I replaced my fan. Drop me a pm with an address and I'll post one over.

Keith
15th November 2006, 11:04
I have not tracked down a brush supplier yet

Repairing a motor is relatively easy providing you don't do what I did with the last one I took a part (I dropped it, sorry Andy) as that messes up the front bearing a bit :(

Kandyman
15th November 2006, 12:09
Keith can you send me all the info you have about the brushes you require,part numbers,pictures any thing like that as my dad works for www.sem.co.uk which deal with that sort of things, plus my dad has 50years experience's working in the trade so might know something/someone ?

pondweed
15th November 2006, 12:21
thanks johnfol for help. (pm'd)
seeing Kandyman's post, good to hear other people have possible ideas for remanu/sourcing them too!