PDA

View Full Version : Lazy drivers door lock

ceb
6th October 2010, 10:37
For some time now my drivers door has been less then enthusiastic when unlocking i.e. two or three blips on the remote to get the door to unlock (all other doors work first time/press). Had the door card off to deal with a broken wing mirror motor recently and also took the opportunity to spray copious amounts of WD40 and silicone spray everywhere and take some of the insulation material away around the top pin, but to no avail. So should I be looking at a worn door lock mechanism or elsewhere? if it's the door lock mechanism is that a straight swap from fleebay and if so is it possible to change with just removing the door card ?, baring in mind just dealing with the wing mirror cost me 4 pints of blood, six layers of skin and most of my anglo saxon vocabulary:D

Obliged as always:bowdown:

mantianak
6th October 2010, 15:26
I've had to do several of these on current and past 75/ZT's. Normally a new actuator unit costs about £25-30 (ebay) and is a straight forward procedure but quite fiddly on some bits (like getting the old one out and the new one in and the plastic clip that secures the door pop-up thing).

If you do it just reserve a couple of hours for it just in case the fidly bits take longer and don't get too worked up if they do take a while. I thikn my first one took me just over an hour then the second about 20 minutes.

ceb
6th October 2010, 17:18
I've had to do several of these on current and past 75/ZT's. Normally a new actuator unit costs about £25-30 (ebay) and is a straight forward procedure but quite fiddly on some bits (like getting the old one out and the new one in and the plastic clip that secures the door pop-up thing).

If you do it just reserve a couple of hours for it just in case the fidly bits take longer and don't get too worked up if they do take a while. I thikn my first one took me just over an hour then the second about 20 minutes.

O.K. Thanks for that -
Do you know if both offside actuators (front and back doors) are the same i.e does it matter what one I find first on ebay. Could you give me a pointer or two on how it comes out?.
Re - door pop up - yes don't worry that's were I lost most blood as having had all four door cards off I lost the metal bar from the hole then the green bit etc.etc more then once:D and working out were it went took some doing for a start! bit I've now got that bit (like the door card) down to a five minute job.

Cheers,

ceb:bowdown: