PDA

View Full Version : ABS light

stuwilk
7th October 2010, 11:46
Can anyone help me get my brake pad warning light off, done the key at the one position for 30 seconds but it didn't work. I have renewed the pads.

stocktake
7th October 2010, 13:44
ABS light is nothing to do with the pads, thats the brake warning light. ABS is monitored by four sensors, one to each wheel. If the speedo is working you can rule out the front offside sensor as that drives the speedo as well.

If you have traction control you and the TC light is not on you can rule out both front sensors.

If you do not have traction control check the wiring to the front nearside one just to see if the wheel has caught it. if you cannot see anything amiss with the wiring you are looking at a sensor fault initially and if not that then a magnetic bearing fault, if all that fails it will likely to be the ABS unit but these are fairly robust

stuwilk
7th October 2010, 18:38
Thanks, but i was wrong i was supposed to put brake pad light and not abs light what a fool i am..

stocktake
7th October 2010, 19:35
OK Stu, not a problem :D.

Brake warning light is controlled by two sensors, one front, one rear, both on the offside. sensore clip into the pads.

New sensors are required when the light has come on. ( ebay around £10 each) once the pads are low the disc catches the sensor and breaks the circuit, This brings the light on.

stuwilk
8th October 2010, 09:59
Thanks just checked the sensor it is damaged, and i have just bought one from ebay like you said 10 quid.

Cheers

Stu :D

stocktake
8th October 2010, 12:10
Another satisfied customer then :)