PDA

View Full Version : N/S headlight not working Rover 75

Tony777
7th October 2010, 14:19
Hi Everybody, on my wife's 75, the nearside headlight was not working. No problem... or so I thought.
I changed the bulb, noticing that the old one looked ok but changed it anyway. Not working. I took the offside bulb out and put the other (old) bulb in and that was fine. I swapped the bulbs over again, so now I know that all the bulbs are good.
Has anybody got any idea's why the nearside will not work. I don't really want to run a wire from one side to the other.
Thanks,
Tony:getmecoat:

chrissyboy
8th October 2010, 14:36
Hi Everybody, on my wife's 75, the nearside headlight was not working. No problem... or so I thought.
I changed the bulb, noticing that the old one looked ok but changed it anyway. Not working. I took the offside bulb out and put the other (old) bulb in and that was fine. I swapped the bulbs over again, so now I know that all the bulbs are good.
Has anybody got any idea's why the nearside will not work. I don't really want to run a wire from one side to the other.
Thanks,
Tony:getmecoat:

does the back n/s light work ? if not it could be a fuse ,failing that from the switch trace the live wire ,with a tester supply a live to it ,if it works then connect to a live from the other side ,all this is done at the switch ,, if the fuse is ok and the back light on the n/s isnt working then it will be the switch that it not sending the live to the bulb ,new switch will sort it ..we just did this to a golf ..:D

pab
8th October 2010, 18:07
the wiring harness has been known to rub against the sharp parts of the inner wing and the wiring becomes chaffed,could be a bumper off job.