PDA

View Full Version : Engine check light, good servicing in Kent?

Badgrizzly
8th October 2010, 17:51
HI

My engine light check light just came on afetr stopping at newsagent, all seems to run ok, I have noticed over last couple of days I have a blowwing sound from the flexi pipe, so am going to get that fixed, could that be it. My 1.8 runs on LPG. Anyone know a good Rover servicing man in Kent I live near Tunbridge Wells. Also how do I get one of these code readers???:getmecoat:

EnEnGee
10th October 2010, 18:27
I would suspect if the exhaust is blowing, it will be effecting the lamda sensor readings , hence why the light is coming on. If this is indeed the problem, then any garage that can replace the broken exhaust would be able to sort it. That said, a few servicing alternatives that I know of if you were to need Diagnostics.

1.Apple Developments in Meopham over Gravesend way, a garage run by (I think) ex MR Rover guys from Whitehouse in Dartford.

Former main dealers

2. Beadles of Gillingham, ex MG Rover, now sells Toyota but AFAIK still do servicing and parts.

3. Barretts of Canterbury, ex MG Rover, and still do Land Rover.

Google them for details.

Badgrizzly
12th October 2010, 10:52
Yes I have been told it is the emmisions, have tried to get someone to replace the flexi pipe section but no go around here so looks like a full pipe with cat and type approved so about 180£:mad: Cheers anyway

keir1163
12th October 2010, 12:32
Yes I have been told it is the emmisions, have tried to get someone to replace the flexi pipe section but no go around here so looks like a full pipe with cat and type approved so about 180£:mad: Cheers anyway

I had the same issue with my LPG.....until you fix the exhaust leak the Lambda will not read properly thus making it run lean.

Fix the pipe and the LPG with sort itself out............................maybe Bernardlpg....a memebr on here can help?think he is in kent?