PDA

View Full Version : knock on steering

colin white
8th October 2010, 20:38
Hi when turning slightly left or right on my 75 i am getting a knock which can be felt through the suspension under the car does anyone know if this is caused by the strut top bearing , if not any ideas what it could be please??????????:shrug:

Bernard LPG
8th October 2010, 20:43
Hi when turning slightly left or right on my 75 i am getting a knock which can be felt through the suspension under the car does anyone know if this is caused by the strut top bearing , if not any ideas what it could be please??????????:shrug:

Certainly sounds like the bearing.

pab
8th October 2010, 20:52
moved to the technical help forum redirection left.

yes i would agree with the strut top bearing..about a hour and a half labour a side.

mark e mark
10th October 2010, 17:37
strut top bearing..about a hour and a half labour a side. 8th October 2010 21:43

strut top bearing..about a hour and a half labour a side

What!, I have just spent this afternoon trying to do this. I sprayed the bottom strut nut last week,Tuessday, yesterday and 1 hour before I tried to take it off. Yes it came of, and eventually so did the bottom ball joint bolt (which I forgot all about to spray before hand). As it is, I had to give up because I could not separate the lower ball joint. Will spray it with releasing all until,l i can have another attempt. Which will be in 2 weeks.
So 1.5 hours if all the nuts come off, and you can separate the lower ball joint - otherwise...:o