PDA

View Full Version : 75 con se facelift door sensor query

pato
9th October 2010, 14:52
Hi this is my first post and let me say how helpful the club has been in sorting a few problems.My query refers to the door sensor,recently the alarm has been activating showing the rear passenger door open when it is shut and locked.Refering to the posts it is obviously a faulty sensor.Ihave removed the door card but where does the sensor reside and having got access to the lock connector was wondering does anybody know the terminals for the sensor or indeed the colour coded wires to it so that I can effect a temporary repair till I get the new sensor fitted.
Regards
Pat

N1&EPR
19th November 2010, 19:19
Going to bump this one, as I have the same problem, but showing as a driver door fault.

Anyone?

Oh, and I've spent the last week due to work commitments in a Focus Estate derv, 60 plate. 43 miles on it when I got it.

You know what? The ZT shows it up no end. Sooooo much love for the ZT - I don't think I'll ever sell it:cloud9:

Morrisfan
19th November 2010, 19:35
I have the same fault on my ZT-T, but without the benefit of the message centre it took some tracking down to isolate the problem door!
The door switch is inside the locking mechanism and realistically isn't a serviceable item.
I've bought a replacement door lock for mine and weather permitting I'm fitting it tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes!

raykay
19th November 2010, 20:16
As Morrisfan has said, there is a micro-switch in each door lock that monitors the position of the lock, and from that, if the door is open or closed.

The cable to the rear passenger door lock is Pink/Orange, to the drivers door lock it is Pink/Black. Both on pin 6 of the connector on the lock.
In each case it is open circuit when the door is closed and connected to Earth when the door is open.

pato
19th November 2010, 20:37
Raykay Thanks for the wiring information however as I had no original response out of desparation I sprayed a load of DW40 into the offending lock and hey presto the problem disapeared(fingers crossed:).However should the problem occur again thanks to you I now have informaton I require.
Pato
COYS

raykay
19th November 2010, 20:43
It doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem and may be just a sticking micro switch - which the WD 40 has sorted. Well done!!

N1&EPR
19th November 2010, 20:52
Sadly the cure all that is WD 40 hasn't worked for me, ah well, I'll strip the lock out and go for there.

Thanks for the info guys, great stuff :D

pato
19th November 2010, 21:08
I would just like to add that after 40 years driving a company car I had never even looked under the bonnet not even to add water or oil but now being retired and owning my own car I feel quite pleased with myself for undertaking small jobs (clearing plenums,sealing rear light clusters etc) I know they are not major jobs, all due to the helpful members passing on their knowledge.Long may it continue.Now where's the sledgehammer.
Thanks Pat

COYS

Morrisfan
20th November 2010, 16:14
Just to update on mine. I removed the front passenger door lock today & found a piece of broken glass holding off the lever that actuates the microswitch :}. The bottom of the door was full of broken glass too, so hopefully hoovering that out will cure the rattle from the passenger door too :D.
The door lock is working perfectly now, cars superlocking and fuel filler flap is locking again.
Lucky really as the replacement front passenger door lock that I bought off ebay turned out to be a rear passenger door lock!

Morrisfan
21st November 2010, 06:48
Pato, I've sent you a pm :)