PDA

View Full Version : plemium clips

mcspider
10th October 2010, 10:45
hello me again thank you for all your advice ive found the bottom plemium darin is being obstructed by 2 pipes so i may need to snip a little off it ive also noticed im 2 plemium clips missing can they still be purchased many thanks Mark

kaiser
10th October 2010, 12:01
I think you are talking about what normally is called the plenum.
If so, use a stiff rod to unblock the rubber tubes at the bottom.
They easily get blocked by leaves and other sediment.

If you allow water to sit here, you risk malfunctions of the Electronic Control Unit (ECU), and you certainly will get a wet pollen filter.

If you are new to the Rover, then also know that you should check the cooling system (water level) often. These are the most important things to know about these cars. In my view.

pab
10th October 2010, 12:09
hello me again thank you for all your advice ive found the bottom plemium darin is being obstructed by 2 pipes so i may need to snip a little off it ive also noticed im 2 plemium clips missing can they still be purchased many thanks Markthese plastic clips have got a habit of flying off when removing them to gain access to the passenger side splash shield.

best to get some spares from the breakers yard.

T-Cut
11th October 2010, 16:52
these plastic clips have got a habit of flying off when removing them

You can prevent them disappearing by sticking a length of parcel tape over the heads before levering up the windscreen trim with a spatula of some kind. The clips pop out and stay attached to the trim.

Better still, do the spyhole modification and you won't have to remove the trim ever agaim.

TC