PDA

View Full Version : rear window deminster - NOT working

pbaker
10th October 2010, 23:47
cold weather is coming, just found out it's not working. switch on the dash is alight. fuses not listed in handbook. have not done any looking yet. any help/advice wecomed and thanks in advance peter

pbaker
11th October 2010, 00:23
to the mod's. have tried to add by edit not working to main page age and failed. do it for me/tell me how please.

Dragrad
11th October 2010, 01:29
to the mod's. have tried to add by edit not working to main page age and failed. do it for me/tell me how please.
Can you please be a bit more specific? :shrug:

pbaker
11th October 2010, 23:33
good evening Andrew. have sent you 2 messages via post reply, cannot find them as sent. [not very good at this sort of thing]. see you are now on line so trying again via quick reply. after posting a help/info enquiry headed = rear window demister I wanted to add = not working, after it to try to attract more looks without success1. on reading my appeal to the mod's I realized it was rather vague. I'am sure [ I hope] that it is all clear to you now. my smiley would have been a thumbs up, again not sure how too thanks peter

Robson Rover Repair
11th October 2010, 23:47
cold weather is coming, just found out it's not working. switch on the dash is alight. fuses not listed in handbook. have not done any looking yet. any help/advice wecomed and thanks in advance peter

I too am in the same boat Peter down to the light and button, except I get a single line of the heating element that works, and the rest do not. What does yours do, anything at all?

Dragrad
12th October 2010, 00:11
good evening Andrew. have sent you 2 messages via post reply, cannot find them as sent. [not very good at this sort of thing]. see you are now on line so trying again via quick reply. after posting a help/info enquiry headed = rear window demister I wanted to add = not working, after it to try to attract more looks without success1. on reading my appeal to the mod's I realized it was rather vague. I'm sure [ I hope] that it is all clear to you now. my smiley would have been a thumbs up, again not sure how too thanks peter
OK - Thread title amended as requested.

I'm not that technically minded so I hope that someone with the knowledge will step into breach soon :}

pbaker
12th October 2010, 21:43
Hi there Colin. when I bought my tourer 4.5 yrs @ 90.000 mls ago I found the rear window not working due to several of the heater wires being damaged, the mg rover dealer replaced the glass no prob'. check your wires for any breaks becauce they will prevent current contunuity. you can buy from a spares shop a small bottle of electric conductive paint to bridge the gap, good luck. I think my prob' needs digging around a bit, as yet no help. all my wires look good will try with a test lamp [you to] at the weekend. peter