PDA

View Full Version : Valve stems

robbrooks
11th October 2010, 18:37
Has anyone ever had problems / replacement valve stems on the Rover 75 diesel engine - I understand that these can crack/ split and wear giving symptoms of blue smoke (oil burning) on start up. Usual culprit is not changing oil at the required intervals. :shrug:

Must admit I've never heard of this on any of the forums? I'm informed that this could be my problem, but I've always had regular servicing since I bought the car new in 2002 -always used Millers XFD fully synthetic oil and regulary use Millers diesel clean.:confused: I have covered 81000 miles.

pab
11th October 2010, 18:46
thread moved to the technical help forum for better exposure.redirection left

FrenchMike
11th October 2010, 19:02
Has anyone ever had problems / replacement valve stems on the Rover 75 diesel engine - I understand that these can crack/ split and wear giving symptoms of blue smoke (oil burning) on start up. Usual culprit is not changing oil at the required intervals. :shrug:

Must admit I've never heard of this on any of the forums? I'm informed that this could be my problem, but I've always had regular servicing since I bought the car new in 2002 -always used Millers XFD fully synthetic oil and regulary use Millers diesel clean.:confused: I have covered 81000 miles.

Hi,

In your place,i would firstly look at the PCV filter

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30416

Mike

chrissyboy
11th October 2010, 19:27

may not be that i1d say its one of the following
check the injection timing ,check the injectors,check that the egr value is working properly,check the injector timing valve is working properly, the high pressure pump can be defective,the control unit can be defective...