PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate access

92 squadron
11th October 2010, 22:47
My lock on my tailgate is playing up and refuses to open. I have tried the interior botton to no avail. The glass upper on the tailgate opens and locks. I get a short 'pip' when remote locking which would tell you that a door is open.:shrug:
Look forwards to your suggestions
Regards

BigRuss
12th October 2010, 00:20
Have you tried the manual release, (its in the warning triangle holder in the tailgate). ;)

Unclip it and pull firmly the tailgate should open.

Usually it's just down to the lock sticking and once opened and closed a few times returns to normal.

Russ

92 squadron
12th October 2010, 19:05
Have you tried the manual release, (its in the warning triangle holder in the tailgate). ;)

Unclip it and pull firmly the tailgate should open.

Usually it's just down to the lock sticking and once opened and closed a few times returns to normal.

Russ

Cheers Russ, will try that in the morning and let you know!
Regards

kaiser
12th October 2010, 19:23
The tailgate can sometimes paly up.
To use the tailgate knob,( under the bonnet release knob), you must first unlock the car by pressing two times on the central unlocker on the centre console, or open twice with the remote on the key.
Once that has been done, press the tail gate opener below the bonnet button, and you should hear a clonck from the tail gate as it releases.

Weird, ain't it??
But that's how it works in my car!!

92 squadron
13th October 2010, 21:34
Cheers Russ, will try that in the morning and let you know!
Regards
That did the trick Russ,
Must admit I didn't know about the release cord but thankfully it was there.
I found the problem was the rubber cover to the actual switch lever under the tailgate handle was permanatly pressing on the lever beneath, like holding the door handle up when shutting a door locked if you know what I mean. Any how tacking the cover off and resetting on it's seat seamed to have cured the problem.
Regards