PDA

View Full Version : Quick Passenger Airbag Trim Question...

Spanky
13th October 2010, 08:13
Having unclipped the passenger airbag cover from the dash, its secured by a strap, not wanting to poke about the airbag area before knowing what to do, how do you remove the strap from the airbag cover...?

Cheers in advance :bowdown:

pab
13th October 2010, 08:42
to remove the airbag cover you need to remove the plasic plate which is held on with a series of T20 hollow torx head screws.

Spanky
13th October 2010, 08:47
to remove the airbag cover you need to remove the plasic plate which is held on with a series of T20 hollow torx head screws.

Yeah I appreciate that, but how do I remove the whole thing from the strapping (once unclipped from the dash) so I can get at those T20's sufficiently..?

Kai Herb
13th October 2010, 14:54
Just remove them in situ , hold the panel with one hand and undo the tx20's with the other.

EnEnGee
13th October 2010, 15:01
There is sufficient room to do in situ. I used a 3/8" drive ratchet with my Torx bit and while it took a little bit of fiddling to work out how to do it, it didn't take too long and there is room.

I replaced the plastic wood effect dash sections with the real wood version from a scrap car, and the whole job took me about 15 minutes to do in total. I did notice the original installation of the passenger side air bag panel used Loctite on the screws, but i must confess I didn't bother.

Spanky
13th October 2010, 15:04
Just remove them in situ , hold the panel with one hand and undo the tx20's with the other.

That is the plan ;)

Dragrad
19th October 2010, 01:32
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old.