PDA

View Full Version : Offside mk2 75 headlamp kaputt...

Jimbob
13th October 2010, 20:02
Hi all,

Got a problem, not mine but the father in laws....

He has a 2005 75 Tourer Contemp' CDTi that has developed a fault with the offside front headlamp.

Initially he thought the dipped beam bulb had gone, changed it but still didn't work, called me as he said I "know everything on 75 / ZTs" (soon put him right on that one!!), I've looked and haven't got a clue!

Any ideas chaps and chapetts??

Thanks

Jim

chrissyboy
13th October 2010, 20:30
Hi all,

Got a problem, not mine but the father in laws....

He has a 2005 75 Tourer Contemp' CDTi that has developed a fault with the offside front headlamp.

Initially he thought the dipped beam bulb had gone, changed it but still didn't work, called me as he said I "know everything on 75 / ZTs" (soon put him right on that one!!), I've looked and haven't got a clue!

Any ideas chaps and chapetts??

Thanks

Jim
check the wiring loom from the bulb going by the wheel arc as it has been found that the wires get chuffed with rubbing there ... i take it you checked that the o/s rear light works ,if so it rules out fuse .. sounds like it has lost its live feed from the switch

pab
13th October 2010, 20:33
thread moved to the technical help forum,redirection left.

Jimbob
13th October 2010, 20:58
check the wiring loom from the bulb going by the wheel arc as it has been found that the wires get chuffed with rubbing there ... i take it you checked that the o/s rear light works ,if so it rules out fuse .. sounds like it has lost its live feed from the switch

Thanks for the reply.

No not checked the rear TBH, will do.

I've read about the chaffing wires bit but didn't want to have to do the bumper off thing but if needs must...

Will check and come back with my findings.

Jim