PDA

View Full Version : Paint code

nas3a
14th October 2010, 10:09
Hi chaps & chapesses.

I've got a 75 in light sky blue. I need to repair a few scuff marks on the bumpers etc. When I go to the likes of Halfords to get the paint, they don't seem to do my colour, although there does seem to be numerous cars of the same colour about. Can anyone tell me where I'd find the paint code.

Rabett_Rover
14th October 2010, 10:14
Hi chaps & chapesses.

I've got a 75 in light sky blue. I need to repair a few scuff marks on the bumpers etc. When I go to the likes of Halfords to get the paint, they don't seem to do my colour, although there does seem to be numerous cars of the same colour about. Can anyone tell me where I'd find the paint code.

Open Passenger Side Door. There will be a plate mounted at the bottom of the pillar. It will have a section at the bottom right that says 'PAINT' a 3 letter code will then follow e.g. JEL.

Hope this helps.

nas3a
14th October 2010, 10:17
Thanks, I shall have a look. Will I be able to get the paint from say Halfords using that paint code?
I should have looked on the forum I guess, there's a whole thread on it ! ! !
Nigel

Brigus
14th October 2010, 18:19
There are a few threads on the subject, but just in case you haven't seen this one yet - you can't go wrong with this thread:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20831

simdel1
15th October 2010, 11:30
That reminds me of a trip I had to halfords about 6 months ago before I new that the paint code was on the door pillar...

Me: Hi, your TV advert suggests that you can find what colour paint I need by my reg number. Is that possible with my Rover 75?

Halford Numpty: No, you need to tell us the paint code.

Me: Do you happen to know where I could find that out from?

HN: From the manufacturer.

Me: Are you serious?

HN: Yes...

Villa Villan
15th October 2010, 17:59
That reminds me of a trip I had to halfords about 6 months ago before I new that the paint code was on the door pillar...

Me: Hi, your TV advert suggests that you can find what colour paint I need by my reg number. Is that possible with my Rover 75?

Halford Numpty: No, you need to tell us the paint code.

Me: Do you happen to know where I could find that out from?

HN: From the manufacturer.

Me: Are you serious?

HN: Yes...
Would you like to rent my sons TARDIS ?:D.

Cheers
Tony

Alan.F
15th October 2010, 21:24
sounds like it is Wedgewood blue
JEL wedgewood Blue 1999-2005
JBH Wedgewood Blue 2 2000-2004

Dragrad
19th October 2010, 01:07
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old.

EnEnGee
20th October 2010, 11:48
Would you like to rent my sons TARDIS ?:D.

Cheers
Tony

:eek: you are Doctor Who's Dad!!