PDA

View Full Version : fitting a rear blind

baconbuttyman
8th October 2010, 19:01
got a rear blind shelf from the scrappy's today, would like to put in my car, the car i removed it from had drop down seats, so that was quite easy, but how do i fit when my seats dont drop down.
also will there be a wire in the dash for the switch.

tazman3
8th October 2010, 19:14
not sure about the seats mate, but if you remove your climate control and look in there for some grey foam with connectors in it, the one for the rear blind is Green

Martin

rrobson
8th October 2010, 21:53
all seats are fold down. some have buttons at the top (tent to be the leather ones) and obviously the rest dont, but on the one which dont have the button, if you go into the boot, and reach down the back of the seat, there chould be two flat cords, which you pull down the release the seat. mine were a righ pita to fold down, and then equaly hard to clip back into position.
if i were you, i would get seats with the buttons on the top asap :)

if your car has cruise control, it will definitly have the wires in. if however your car doesnt, it is a bit hit and miss. as tazman says, look for the wireing

James.uk
8th October 2010, 22:08
Erm.. What do you use the blind for? :shrug:

My ZX has one, but in the 6 years I have had it, I have never found a use for it. :shrug:

If -- I ever find a long straight road running East to west, and I need to travel along it Westward in the early morning, or Eastward in the late evening, I guess then it would be handy... :D But meanwhile???? :shrug:

baconbuttyman
9th October 2010, 06:24
Erm.. What do you use the blind for? :shrug:

My ZX has one, but in the 6 years I have had it, I have never found a use for it. :shrug:

If -- I ever find a long straight road running East to west, and I need to travel along it Westward in the early morning, or Eastward in the late evening, I guess then it would be handy... :D But meanwhile???? :shrug:

i get what you are saying, but its yet another mod in a long list of probable pointless mods made :getmecoat:;)

all seats are fold down. some have buttons at the top (tent to be the leather ones) and obviously the rest dont, but on the one which dont have the button, if you go into the boot, and reach down the back of the seat, there chould be two flat cords, which you pull down the release the seat. mine were a righ pita to fold down, and then equaly hard to clip back into position.
if i were you, i would get seats with the buttons on the top asap :)

if your car has cruise control, it will definitly have the wires in. if however your car doesnt, it is a bit hit and miss. as tazman says, look for the wireing

i didnt know all seats were fold down, will take a look later ;)

stocktake
9th October 2010, 09:30
As Reece says ALL saloon rear seats fold on the 75, end of.

James, when you have somebody too close behind you ( especially a B*W) just a push on the switch gets their attention ( and really upsets the aforementioned driver :D)

rossocorsa
9th October 2010, 11:55
As Reece says ALL saloon rear seats fold on the 75, end of.

James, when you have somebody too close behind you ( especially a B*W) just a push on the switch gets their attention ( and really upsets the aforementioned driver :D)

you got me thinking maybe I could put a slogan on mine !!! seriously it's a flash toy but really an expensive folly when they were new not especially useful

James.uk
9th October 2010, 13:23
I will go with the "folly" theory, that Dave is just a trouble maker innit.. :p: :D

Devilish
9th October 2010, 16:09
all seats are fold down. some have buttons at the top (tent to be the leather ones) and obviously the rest dont, but on the one which dont have the button, if you go into the boot, and reach down the back of the seat, there chould be two flat cords,

Correct apart from you do not have to go into the boot, just reach in the gap between the squab and the bottom of the backrest

rrobson
9th October 2010, 16:29
i found it easier to find then in the boot, couldnt seem to locate them from the back of the seat squab ;)

baconbuttyman
9th October 2010, 20:52
WEYHEY,the do fold down, found the ribbon to fold them, not figured how to clip them back in yet but its a working progress ;):D

Also i found a wire under the rear shelf, with 2 plugs on, i dont think its the right one i need, would it be hard to hard wire if it isnt there, would the right wire be easily visible

just a quik question guys, if i want to fit one of these but there are no wires readily fitted to the car, how easy would it be to hard wire it.

Greeners
14th October 2010, 21:11
Very straight forward....just a live into the switch, then to the blind then to earth, the switch does the reversing bit.

Most early cars had the wiring in place.

baconbuttyman
14th October 2010, 22:16
Very straight forward....just a live into the switch, then to the blind then to earth, the switch does the reversing bit.

Most early cars had the wiring in place.

so pretty straight forward, could i earth the blind to the body work in the boot and the switch, tap into the stereo with a fuse??

cheers guys

tazman3
15th October 2010, 07:23
so pretty straight forward, could i earth the blind to the body work in the boot and the switch, tap into the stereo with a fuse??

cheers guys

Have you checked if the Green plug is behind the Climate control...

Martin

baconbuttyman
15th October 2010, 09:07
Have you checked if the Green plug is behind the Climate control...

Martin

I can confirm there are no green plugs behind the cc unit :(
I do have the connecter from the donor car though
can some one guide me as to which wire is what

Greeners
15th October 2010, 14:49
Light Green / Red - Fuse 12 10 Amp passenger fuse box
Black - Ground
Orange / Black - Pin 1 of the blind
Orange / Brown - Pin 3 of the blind
Red/ white....switch illumination.

baconbuttyman
15th October 2010, 15:16
Ok I took a chance and wired the 2 orange wires 2 the switch. Then connected the red and black wire to a battery charger. Assuming the last wire is 4 illumination . Nothing worked. But wire the blind direct to the charges it woks. So faulty switch Me thinks

Greeners
15th October 2010, 15:50
Ok I took a chance and wired the 2 orange wires 2 the switch. Then connected the red and black wire to a battery charger. Assuming the last wire is 4 illumination . Nothing worked. But wire the blind direct to the charges it woks. So faulty switch Me thinks

see post No 6 for correct wiring....

baconbuttyman
15th October 2010, 16:15
cheers Mark, thats it, weyhey, just need to swap the blind over to my sandstone shelf, then install :D

Greeners
15th October 2010, 16:31
cheers Mark, thats it, weyhey, :D

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

baconbuttyman
15th October 2010, 18:07
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

OOH sorry David, was talking to my mate mark at the time :o

Cheers David

David, was just taking a gander at the how to on refitting the blind into a smoke stone shelf, Will araldite hold the relevent parts in place and how long do you recommend to set.

Greeners
15th October 2010, 21:04
David, was just taking a gander at the how to on refitting the blind into a smoke stone shelf, Will araldite hold the relevent parts in place and how long do you recommend to set.

Yes, done 2 with araldite, leave for an hour. Make sure you scrape as much off the old shelf off the brackets as possible.

baconbuttyman
16th October 2010, 22:34
ok, i have now transplanted the blind in to my smokestone shelf and its now in the car, just need to connect the wiring and thats it :D