PDA

View Full Version : ZT MK2 (260?) Trim Codes

Keith
15th November 2006, 11:19
Anyone have an idea what trim code PWH stands for? I can't find it in the usual places

Womble
15th November 2006, 18:52
Anyone have an idea what trim code PWH stands for? I can't find it in the usual places

I would suggest you try putting this on the VIN numbers and details section of two-sixties.com. Andy (Scarlet Fever) is doing a lot of work compiling all this sort of stuff, so may well know.

Keith
15th November 2006, 19:36
Done that already Chris, he didn't recognise it

Womble
16th November 2006, 09:12
Done that already Chris, he didn't recognise it

Ah. In that case, I would recommend the most scientific approach as being "mock Andy without mercy for his lack of 260 knowledge" until he finds out! :D

Mike
16th November 2006, 10:45
PWH is not listed as a trim or any other code for the ZT 260 or 75 V8 in the 2006 MGR catalogue.

hth

Mike

Keith
16th November 2006, 12:25
Oooooooo er I will go and recheck perhaps I misread it

Scarlet Fever
17th November 2006, 18:47
My first posting on here :)

Just to confirm, although i am collecting trim codes amongst reams of other data, it is true i don't have a large enough sample (yet) to work them out and am not sure how they work.

For example, my 260 is trim code WSP and i am reliably informed that my ZT is equivallent to a 'plus'.

In addition to this there is a digit in the VIN that refers to the trim level (6th one). In my case it is X.

So, you would think that WSP and X are related to each other, and therefore all cars with X as the 6th digit will have a WSP trim code. Sadly this isn't the case as far as i can tell.

Keith's car is PWH and X :confused:

I am also told that there are only three trim levels in the VIN sequence, L X and G. Although i have yet to find an L spec car. The G relates to the SE spec models, so i assume that L is the basic model and on a car that cost what it did when new this would explain it's rarity - if you are spending this kind of money on a car you don't want the base model.

I suspect that the trim code is split into key areas, here's what i think:

First digit = say, seats - a letter for Matrix, one for Monaco, one for Gunsmoke and combos like power memory seats with heater elements combined with the fabrics.

Second digit = say, equipment level - a letter for DI pack, one for Hi Line sat nav, one for all electric windows (mine is front only), one for power fold mirrors, rear blind and again combos.

Third digit = say exterior - a letter for xenons, a letter for sunroof, chrome pack, alloys and combos.

So it would be very difficult to break them down i reckon, you would need a huge sample of cars with accurate info on the spec of each to do it... Or a list from MGR (hint hint!) Anyone got one?

GreyGhost
17th November 2006, 18:54
Hello Squire'

Thanks for popping in.

How do you like the new home of the 75 and ZTers? Please feel free to nose around, lot's to see and do.
Just make sure you wiped your feet on the way in :)

Scarlet Fever
17th November 2006, 19:47
Hiya, nice forum you have here (sorry 'bout the muddy footprints... ;) ).

Looks good to me, can't seem to get my avatar displayed though - working on it...

Keith
17th November 2006, 20:06
Hi Andy! So you got the hint, good post btw, you better go Womble hunting now then :)

Scarlet Fever
18th November 2006, 13:47
Lemme at 'im! ;)

Have received some info via email (thanks to this forum) and now have a bit more of an insight into how they work.

Basically the three letters denote the seats (type and spec) in the car.

Keith, although the table i have been emailed doesn't list PWH as a trim code, i don't think you missread it as i have another 260 in my archive with this code as well (Neil Willetts one). From memory he has black ½ leather sports seats with the grey cloth centres in a course(ish) weave (i think it's supposed to match the 'sandpaper' dash of the Mark 2 cars, although in Neil's case he has a monogramed red painted dash to match the exterior).

Is this the type of seats you have? If so then i think my list only deals with Mark 1 cars and there are possibly other options brought in for the facelift (just a theory).

Keith
18th November 2006, 20:34
Well the centres are a weave type pattern, very dark grey almost black. I have a suit that is very similar somewhere, probably in the might fit again one day section ;)

I will see if taking a photo produces anything respectable :)

Scarlet Fever
19th November 2006, 11:53
Sounds like the same style of seat to me, looking forward to seeing the pic. :)