PDA

View Full Version : November meet?

derekosb
20th October 2010, 15:31
Hi Guys,

Been thinking about squeezing in another meet before the end of the year (and been nudged a couple of times by some members:p:).

I have been looking toward the end of November and was really just looking to see who would be interested in a meet then?

Any suggestions or thoughts are always welcome although I do have a venue in mind, I just need to make contact to see if they would a) welcome us, and b) be able to locate us somewhere all together.

Let me know your thoughts guys, I am here to help:}.

Derek

fraser656
20th October 2010, 17:17
Thanks for getting in touch but can't make any meets at the moment due to health reasons.
As soon as this changes i'll be there.
My best regards,Fraser.

AldoR
20th October 2010, 17:52
we're available both weekends, venue we're flexible see if i can up with any good suggestions.

pab
20th October 2010, 17:56
i will be available,as usual ;)

Simondi
20th October 2010, 19:11
I would be OK for either date as it stands just now. If we do return to Loch Lomond any chance we could put a request in for a little less rain??:D:getmecoat:

Graham1961
20th October 2010, 22:23
I would be allright for the 27th as i am off that weekend. Once the NHS cutbacks start i may have a few more weekends off:getmecoat:

derekosb
21st October 2010, 13:09
Thanks for getting in touch but can't make any meets at the moment due to health reasons.
As soon as this changes i'll be there.
My best regards,Fraser.

Okay, thanks for letting me know Fraser. I'll keep you on the PM List for now and hopefully you can start to attend next year. Best wishes with whatever your health problem is.

we're available both weekends, venue we're flexible see if i can up with any good suggestions.

Thanks guys, suggestions welcome.:}

i will be available,as usual ;)

Thanks Paul, noted.:}

I would be OK for either date as it stands just now. If we do return to Loch Lomond any chance we could put a request in for a little less rain??:D:getmecoat:

Still not sure about returning to a previous meet venue in any case and the potential for cold and rain are making me think of perhaps somewhere with shelter should the day prove to be wet.

I would be allright for the 27th as i am off that weekend. Once the NHS cutbacks start i may have a few more weekends off:getmecoat:

Thanks for confirming Graham.

Anyone got a particular preference for a Saturday or a Sunday?

Derek

suzublu
21st October 2010, 15:54
Any day suits me Derek.Would you like me to bring some English rain with me,or will you provide your own? :D:D

FredSpencer
21st October 2010, 16:00
Any day suits me Derek.Would you like me to bring some English rain with me,or will you provide your own? :D:D

Derek,

Don't let him anywhere near you - he'll just try to pass on his tent to you when you least expect it. :D

derekosb
21st October 2010, 16:03

:p:Our own rain is cleaner!!:p: Although I would prefer if there was none however unlikely that may be........:(

Derek,

Don't let him anywhere near you - he'll just try to pass on his tent to you when you least expect it. :D

Okay, I must have missed something here.......:confused::confused:

What about your good self Fred? Fancy a trip north again??

Derek

Bluejon
21st October 2010, 16:26
Hi Derek,

Many thanks for the PM on above meet,We cant commit as yet,as Jan has just started a new job,in our local Asda store which opened last Monday,& would depend on days off, around the time, will try and let you know nearer the time,would be great to have a trip up there again,its been over 20 yrs since Jan & I have been around the Loch Lomond Region.

Best Regards.

John

FredSpencer
21st October 2010, 16:33
Okay, I must have missed something here.......:confused::confused:

I bought it, used it once which resulted in chronic backache, managed to foist it onto Ronnie, he used it once and said never again. :D

What about your good self Fred? Fancy a trip north again??

DerekI wouldn't be able to make it on the weekend of the 27th as I am at a wedding.

derekosb
21st October 2010, 16:42
Hi Derek,

Many thanks for the PM on above meet,We cant commit as yet,as Jan has just started a new job,in our local Asda store which opened last Monday,& would depend on days off, around the time, will try and let you know nearer the time,would be great to have a trip up there again,its been over 20 yrs since Jan & I have been around the Loch Lomond Region.

Best Regards.

John

Hi John & Jan,

No worries, always know it is never possible to pick a date that suits everyone. 2 possibilities are Sunday 21st at Loch Lomond again or the Saturday 27th at an alternative venue I need to check with 1st. I'll keep you on the PM list and you can let me know nearer the time (once we pick a date:o) if you are up for it. :}

I bought it, used it once which resulted in chronic backache, managed to foist it onto Ronnie, he used it once and said never again. :D

I wouldn't be able to make it on the weekend of the 27th as I am at a wedding.

Ah, I do seem to remember something being mentioned about that.....

Okay, the 27th is one of the 2 options so we will see.

Cheers.

Derek

Tim_Burgess
22nd October 2010, 10:32
Hi Derek,

Congratulations on the Regional Secretary post, very well deserved.

I can make either date ATM, provided the old blue thing gets through the MOT on 15th November. If not, I don't think I'd be too welcome in an orange Proton:D:D

derekosb
22nd October 2010, 11:28
Hi Derek,

Congratulations on the Regional Secretary post, very well deserved.

I can make either date ATM, provided the old blue thing gets through the MOT on 15th November. If not, I don't think I'd be too welcome in an orange Proton:D:D

Thanks for your congratulations Tim and you would of course be very welcome no matter what you were driving, however we may make you park slightly further away from the "quality" vehicles if you turn up in the Proton:p::}. (I was going to say something orange but then remembered our friend from Northumberland and would not wish to dissuade him from returning:D)

Derek

Yella Fella
23rd October 2010, 10:18
I miss my ZT :cry:

Peugeot 407's are mince.

Great to see the forum is strong and backed up by a strong Scottish region!

Brigus
24th October 2010, 15:00
Thanks for the message Derek - it's too early for me to commit but either date looks possible for me at the moment.

Cheers,

Scott

MGStephen
24th October 2010, 18:28
I will see nearer the time what my shifts are and see if i can work the following or the previous day :)

Stephen

pab
29th October 2010, 16:43
any updates on venues and dates derek..

derekosb
29th October 2010, 17:15
any updates on venues and dates derek..

Hi Paul.

The venue I have been working on for the Saturday 27th is looking like it might be too difficult to get us all in one area. The guy organising the event is checking with the site operators if we can be allowed in a dedicated area. If not I think it will not work as there are too many other things going on in the town on the same day.

If he does not get back to me on Monday I think I will need to go for Loch Lomond on the 21st.

I'll drop you a PM with some more info.

Derek

pab
29th October 2010, 17:21
loch lomond was a very successful meet last year,great venue with lots of attractions..just hope for better weather.

lady zed
30th October 2010, 11:47
Loch Lomond was great last year and with any luck I'll be able to bring baby J to his first meet. Fingers crossed he makes an appearance in the next 2 weeks! :D

Tim_Burgess
3rd November 2010, 12:46
I had a big bill for the MOT this year my car needed.........

........a number plate lightbulb:D:D

So I should be good to go.

derekosb
3rd November 2010, 13:19
Excellent Tim,

I will try and make a decision on this as soon as possible.

Options at the moment are:

a) Return to Loch Lomond on Sunday 21st (Xmas lights switch on agian)

or

b) Linlithgow Palace for Linlithgow Advent Fair on Saturday 27th (although parking looks like being impossible so this is looking the least likely)

or

c) Stirling Castle on Sunday 28th (free entry weekend)

If anyone has any preferences please let me know.

Derek

Simondi
3rd November 2010, 18:32
I like the idea of Loch Lomond, we could make it an annual event.:D

tazman3
3rd November 2010, 19:47
i know im on my way out and probably wont be around for next year but i like the idea simon has of an Annual Loch Lomond event...

Martin

pab
3rd November 2010, 19:53
i know im on my way out and probably wont be around for next year but i like the idea simon has of an Annual Loch Lomond event...

Martinit is a good idea and a great venue if it doesn't rain ;)

or we could have made silverburn an annual meet..the first meet we held up here.

Tam
3rd November 2010, 23:58
Well my preferance is allways gonna be geographical and travel time based unfortunately so the obvious choice for me is Stirling but we can't suit evrybody i suppose , the venue and the fireworks may be worth the extra travel though.

FLYER
4th November 2010, 09:34
I would also like to attend the meet and bring my new wife and adopted daughter(lol) with me.
I hope to have dried out from last years meet at the loch by then lol.

FLYER.

tazman3
4th November 2010, 12:10
I would also like to attend the meet and bring my new wife and adopted daughter(lol) with me.
I hope to have dried out from last years meet at the loch by then lol.

FLYER.

Good to see you over here George....

I will be coming but may be in the new car by then...lol

which as you know will probably be an oil burner...although not MG/Rover

Martin

FLYER
4th November 2010, 12:53
nowt to be ashamed of martin lol.
After all your coming up for the pipe n slippers age lol..

No going back now taz it,s diesel all the way for you now.

derekosb
4th November 2010, 15:24
Sounds like Loch Lomond is the favoured option then??

I'll look out my email contact from last year (on an old PC in the garage unfortunately) and see if we can get use of the overflow car park again and then set up a proper thread for the meet.

In the meantime if you are interested in attending let me know on this thread and I can transfer your name on to the new thread (if that makes sense to you:D).

I have a parent's night at the school for both girls tonight so will try and find the email address tomorrow hopefully.

Derek

tazman3
4th November 2010, 16:44
Stick me down derek...

Martin

AldoR
4th November 2010, 19:23
Derek Alison and myself will attend the meet.:}

pab
4th November 2010, 19:48
do i need to remind you to add my name to the list derek ;)

Simondi
4th November 2010, 19:53
Stick me down for it, thanks

derekosb
4th November 2010, 20:04
Hi all,

No problem, I'll start a list here and transfer it to a new thread I'll start tomorrow. Thanks for adding your names.

1. Tazman3
2. AldoR (and Alison)
3. pab
4. Simondi
5. Derekosb

Checking the website I note there is also a Farmer's Market on that day so it may be the overspill car park will not be available like last year. I'll check with them and confirm though.

So on the day there will be a live radio roadshow (Your Radio), Santa's Grotto opens, a farmer's market and festive fireworks. Oh and a 75 & ZT Owners Club meet:D

Derek

derekosb
5th November 2010, 11:14
Okay, as promises I have started a new thread for this meet here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71861

All interested members please let me know on the new thread if you are available and want to attend and I will add you to the list.

Cheers and here's hoping for decent weather this year!:D

Derek