PDA

View Full Version : Reversing camera

mark_bonsai
4th November 2010, 16:01
Just got one of these. Two day delivery from China with no import extras :D

With that and the Garmin GTM10 Traffic Master module I just aquired, it looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend, assuming of course the rain stops.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150424092879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Parker
4th November 2010, 17:56
I bought the same works well, the only fault is the plastic cover over the lens which tends to mist up rendering the camera useless in damp conditions and at night the lights just create a glare and no image. I removed the plastic lens cover last winter and since no glare and no misting. Just something you may want to consider.

When reversing I tend to rely on the camera and reversing sensors and not the mirror now.

mark_bonsai
4th November 2010, 17:59
I bought the same works well, the only fault is the plastic cover over the lens which tends to mist up rendering the camera useless in damp conditions and at night the lights just create a glare and no image. I removed the plastic lens cover last winter and since no glare and no misting. Just something you may want to consider.

When reversing I tend to rely on the camera and reversing sensors and not the mirror now.

Nice one! Cheers for the "Top Tip" :D

Devilish
4th November 2010, 20:26
I bought the same works well, the only fault is the plastic cover over the lens which tends to mist up rendering the camera useless in damp conditions .

I got fed up of that until WIDE LOAD suggested fitting them to the center brake light, bit of a pain fishing the wires through the tailgate and rear window, but we both did it, and worth it.