PDA

View Full Version : NOVEMBER SCOTTISH MEET - Sun 21st @ 13:00

Pages : [1] 2

derekosb
5th November 2010, 11:02
LOCH LOMOND SHORES - SUNDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2010
Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/LochLomondShoresA.jpghttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/LochLomondShoreslogo.jpg

The return to Loch Lomond is go!!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/loch_lomond5610a.jpg

After a bit of debate over choice of venue for the November meet the return to Loch Lomond Shores is on. Let's just hope we get a little bit better weather than last year, but just as good a turnout:}

http://www.lochlomondshores.com/index.htm

Loch Lomond Shores is also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=347368004225&set=a.347367999225.156496.343602394225#!/pages/Balloch-United-Kingdom/Loch-Lomond-Shores/343602394225

IIa2W-qemBY

As with last year's meet I have arranged for use of the overspill car park so we will all be able to park together:}. Although this year I think I might try and organise the parking a little better as we were somewhat "all over the shop" which made getting decent photographs quite difficult.:p::p:

I have suggested 13:00 meeting time so we have some daylight to pore over everyone's car and then move up to the shops for the Farmer's Market, Santa's Grotto, Radio Roadshow (from 2pm) and Xmas lights switch on (at 5pm).

For details of last year's meet (for anyone that did not make it) please see here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46273&highlight=November+Scottish+Meet

From the earlier discussion thread (see here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70940 ) we already have some names so I will start the list with those names as follows:

Sunday 21st November 2010 at 13:00

1. Tazman3 - MG ZT 2.5 V6 (Le Mans Green)
2. AldoR (and Alison) - MG ZT V8 (X Power Grey)
3. pab - Rover 75 Sal 1.8t (Starlight Silver)
4. Simondi - Rover 75 Sal 1.8 (Odyssey Blue)
5. Derekosb - Rover 75 Sal CDTi (Starlight Silver)
6. FLYER (and Annemarie - Mrs Flyer) - Rover 75 Sal CDT (Moonstone Green)
7. Suzublu - Rover 75 Sal 1.8 (Wedgewood Blue)
8. Brigus - Rover 75 Tourer CDT (Royal Blue)
9. J1MBO - Rover 75 Sal V8 Contemp SE (Poseidon)
10. Tim_Burgess - Rover 75 Sal 1.8 (Royal Blue)
11. Rotrex - MG ZT CDTi (X Power Grey)
12. barrienixon - MG ZT CDT (Trophy Blue)
13. Yella Fella (formerly GL3NN) - MG ZT 1.8t (Trophy Yellow)
14. Thomas ( And Family) - Rover 75 Sal CDTi (Odyssey Blue)
15. Tammyboy - Rover 75 Tourer CDT (White Gold)
16. Thomas&Jeanette- Rover Vitesse (Zircon Silver)
17. David5000 - Rover 75 Sal CDTi (Tempest Grey)

Possibles

a) Kieranswood
b) MGStephen

Doubtfuls (unless baby makes a rapid appearance)

Scooterchick

Anyone else up for the meet please let me know and I will add you to the list.

Apologies for what is now relatively short notice (just over 2 weeks away) but hopefully we can get a decent turnout again this year.:}

I will drop a PM to everyone on my list as well to let as many members as possible know about the meet.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the 21st.

Derek

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/LochLomondorientation-boards.jpg

pab
5th November 2010, 11:29
The rain did spoil the meet last year,let's hope for decent weather

The turnout I think was the biggest Scottish meet,can you remember the numbers Derek?

A convoy from Dumbarton again would be good..

FLYER
5th November 2010, 11:48
please put me and annmarie down for the trip derek , and i promise not to overtake the convoy at ANY stage LOL.

FLYER.

derekosb
5th November 2010, 12:02
The rain did spoil the meet last year,let's hope for decent weather

The turnout I think was the biggest Scottish meet,can you remember the numbers Derek?

A convoy from Dumbarton again would be good..

we totalled 24 cars last year which remains the largest Scottish Meet to date (although Cambo ran it close). I'll look at convoys next week but I agree with the thought of running up from Dumbarton again (Asda IIRC).

please put me and annmarie down for the trip derek , and i promise not to overtake the convoy at ANY stage LOL.

FLYER.

No problem George and look forward to seeing you both again, and belated congratulations on your nuptials!:D

Derek.

**List updated on 1st Post**

lady zed
5th November 2010, 13:20
If baby plays the game and comes OUT in the next week we'll be there. I was up all night with contractions which have all stopped now :mad: please send me labour vibes, would love to make this one again. :D

derekosb
5th November 2010, 13:44
If baby plays the game and comes OUT in the next week we'll be there. I was up all night with contractions which have all stopped now :mad: please send me labour vibes, would love to make this one again. :D

Hi Anna,

Fingers crossed for you as I know you have been suffering a fair bit of "discomfort" of late. Sooner rather than later as far as you are concerned I'm sure.

I'll keep an eye out for your news as I am sure you will be updating FB when baby arrives:D

L ~~ A ~~ B ~~ O ~~ U ~~ R ~~ ~~ V ~~ I ~~ B ~~ E ~~ S ~~~~~:D:D:D

Derek .

WeeMan
5th November 2010, 14:48
:D vibevibevibevibevibe....... Hope all goes well! x

derekosb
5th November 2010, 14:54
:D vibevibevibevibevibe....... Hope all goes well! x

Hi Tommy,

Are you still away on the 21st and unable to make it?:(

Derek

suzublu
5th November 2010, 15:21
Go on then.:)

derekosb
5th November 2010, 15:38

Hi Ronnie,

Excellent my friend, just don't bring the rain this year eh!!:p:

I'll add you to the list in the 1st post.

Derek

suzublu
5th November 2010, 20:36
Thanks Derek,always look forward to my excursions north.The pictures on the first thread,i will settle for,or i shall have you under trade descriptions!:D:D

pab
5th November 2010, 23:03
The wife and I had a pot of tea and a scone in the cafe' not the cheapest at £7.00 a head..but there is a mcdonalds on site

allyandfi
6th November 2010, 07:53
Sorry Derek , this season I am not available on Sundays, unless the weather is bad and Football is cancelled.

Hope the weather is kind, unless it can be bad in the east and hopefully fine in the west for your meet. I wont be able to come

Ally

derekosb
6th November 2010, 08:06
Sorry Derek , this season I am not available on Sundays, unless the weather is bad and Football is cancelled.

Hope the weather is kind, unless it can be bad in the east and hopefully fine in the west for your meet. I wont be able to come

Ally

Hi Ally,

Thanks for confirming. This falls under the old adage of "can't please everyone" I am afraid:o. I knew from your initial reply to my PM that sundays did not suit but the following Saturday venue I had checked out was proving unlikely to be suitable and members were keen to return to Loch Lomond.

So apologies this does not suit and as always,hope to catch you at the next one.

Derek

FredSpencer
6th November 2010, 19:07

Hello? Are you there? I'm trying to make a secret plan but you're not answering my PM. ;)

Thomas
6th November 2010, 21:24
I may make an appearance............

derekosb
6th November 2010, 21:25
Hello? Are you there? I'm trying to make a secret plan but you're not answering my PM. ;)

Yes I did:D:D

Shhh...

D

derekosb
6th November 2010, 21:27
I may make an appearance............

Hi Thomas.

You appear to have been very quiet of late?? Hope you can make it. Should I add you as a possible?:}

Derek

Thomas
6th November 2010, 21:29
Im always quiet! ahem............anyway hmmm yes I may try to convince the wife or I may come myself to get some peace! err yes add me as a possible :}

derekosb
6th November 2010, 21:31
Tis done my friend. Hope you can make it,:D

Derek

FredSpencer
6th November 2010, 21:36
Yes I did:D:D

Shhh...

D

Not you, him ... Suzi (funny name for a boy but live and let live), but he has since and I can report my plan is planning out well. ;)

derekosb
6th November 2010, 21:41
Not you, him ... Suzi (funny name for a boy but live and let live), but he has since and I can report my plan is planning out well. ;)

Ah, now I understand. On with the plan.........:oops:

Brigus
6th November 2010, 23:29
... Suzi (funny name for a boy but live and let live)

Well... at least someone else said it ;)

I'll be there. I look forward to seeing you guys again and perhaps meeting some new folk as well.

Cheers,

derekosb
7th November 2010, 00:14
Well... at least someone else said it ;)

I'll be there. I look forward to seeing you guys again and perhaps meeting some new folk as well.

Cheers,

Excellent Scott. I'll add you to the list and look forward to seeing you again on the 21st.

Derek

lady zed
7th November 2010, 13:58
You haven't put me as a possible, it hurts that you don't share my in my faith that this baby WILL be out this week ;)

FredSpencer
7th November 2010, 14:39
You haven't put me as a possible, it hurts that you don't share my in my faith that this baby WILL be out this week ;)

With the weather you have up there I wouldn't come out. :getmecoat:

J1MBO
7th November 2010, 15:48
Derek not been north since the meet at Gretna put me down please - might well make a weekend of it.

Cheers
Jim

FLYER
7th November 2010, 15:54
derek not been north since the meet at gretna put me down please - might well make a weekend of it.

Cheers
jimwoohoo . yeehaw.

pab
7th November 2010, 15:56
Derek not been north since the meet at Gretna put me down please - might well make a weekend of it.

Cheers
Jimwould be good to see you and the car again jim,you say make a weekend of it,there are a few quality hotels at the bottom of the loch,maybe derek could advise you.

J1MBO
7th November 2010, 16:11
woohoo . yeehaw.

Cheers for that - be great to see you as well!

would be good to see you and the car again jim,you say make a weekend of it,there are a few quality hotels at the bottom of the loch,maybe derek could advise you.

Thanks Paul be nice to meet you again - thanks for the idea for a hotel near the Loch I had intended staying south of Glasgow.

Regards

Jim

Tim_Burgess
7th November 2010, 17:22
We'll be there - probably miss out on the convoy and go straight to Lomond Shores.

WeeMan
7th November 2010, 19:37
Hi Tommy,

Are you still away on the 21st and unable to make it?:(

Derek
Sorry going to visit my old Aunt in Manchester that weekend or would have come, Mrs Weeman was looking forward to it again! Hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.

pab
7th November 2010, 20:01
Sorry going to visit my old Aunt in Manchester that weekend or would have come, Mrs Weeman was looking forward to it again! Hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.feel like you are avoiding me tommy ;)

derekosb
7th November 2010, 20:56

Properly scolded :o I have now added you to the possibles. Fingers crossed for you but I think you had a better chance of we had gone for the 28th............:getmecoat:

Cheers
Jim

Excellent Jim, and apologies in advance for the extra cleaning you will have to do after to remove the drool marks from all the members:D:D

We'll be there - probably miss out on the convoy and go straight to Lomond Shores.

Thanks for confirming Tim, I was pretty confident you would make it.:}

Sorry going to visit my old Aunt in Manchester that weekend or would have come, Mrs Weeman was looking forward to it again! Hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.

Hi Tommy,

Cheers for confirming the situation and sorry you can't make it. Catch you at the next one hopefully??:}

Derek

Simondi
8th November 2010, 07:00
I'll need to see you all there, I'd hope to be with yous around 2 ish

derekosb
8th November 2010, 08:41
I'll need to see you all there, I'd hope to be with yous around 2 ish

Hi Simon,

No worries and at least that's an improvement on last year??!:D:D

Derek

Simondi
8th November 2010, 08:46
Hi Simon,

No worries and at least that's an improvement on last year??!:D:D

Derek

Ha. Yes. Might get to see you guys in daylight hours. . . . . On second thoughts I may revert to last years times.
;-)

lady zed
8th November 2010, 15:04
Properly scolded :o I have now added you to the possibles. Fingers crossed for you but I think you had a better chance of we had gone for the 28th............:getmecoat:

My Mum doesn't think I'll go this week either, she says I don't have that 'look' on my face.........................:confused:

pab
8th November 2010, 17:54
Sorry going to visit my old Aunt in Manchester that weekend or would have come, Mrs Weeman was looking forward to it again! Hope it goes well and the weather is good for it.thanks for the pm tommy,hope to catch you soon.

J1MBO
8th November 2010, 19:35
Excellent Jim, and apologies in advance for the extra cleaning you will have to do after to remove the drool marks from all the members:D:D

Derek

:D like it.

I was intending to come up on the Saturday and go back on Monday but forgot a family meal that is arranged for the Saturday night. So I'm now going to come up on the Sunday morning and return on the Monday - don't really fancy 500 miles in one day.

Cheers
Jim

FLYER
8th November 2010, 19:51
:D like it.

I was intending to come up on the Saturday and go back on Monday but forgot a family meal that is arranged for the Saturday night. So I'm now going to come up on the Sunday morning and return on the Monday - don't really fancy 500 miles in one day.

Cheers
Jim
nothing to a man of your calibre JIMBO ;)

tazman3
8th November 2010, 19:51
will be good to see you again mate...

Martin

windrush
8th November 2010, 19:56
Blimey Derek you are going to have your hands full with that lot

I can all ready see that you all will have a good time with plenty of laughs

Have a good meet

Departed 32016
8th November 2010, 20:13
im going to try and get the sunday off. I'll get to show off my new egr bypass!

FLYER
8th November 2010, 20:17
im going to try and get the sunday off. I'll get to show off my new egr bypass!new one ???? can i have your old one .:D

derekosb
8th November 2010, 21:20
im going to try and get the sunday off. I'll get to show off my new egr bypass!

Hi Kieran,

Excellent and I'll stick you down as a possible at the moment then and you can let us know once you have got the day off.

Derek

J1MBO
9th November 2010, 08:24
nothing to a man of your calibre JIMBO ;)

Yes I've done it before, think the most in one day was 770 miles, but the wallet starts getting upset if I buy so much fuel in one day - it has to have a rest lol.

will be good to see you again mate...

Martin

You to mate.

Cheers
Jim

Yella Fella
9th November 2010, 11:32
Looks like I'm back in the world of ZT's following selling my Trophy Blue ZT in January.

I pick up the Trophy Yella on Friday so I'll try and make it to Loch Lomond on 21st.

No doubt I'll find a reason to take it a run on the 21st!

He who was GL3NN, now Yella Fella

FLYER
9th November 2010, 11:59
Looks like I'm back in the world of ZT's following selling my Trophy Blue ZT in January.

I pick up the Trophy Yella on Friday so I'll try and make it to Loch Lomond on 21st.

He who was GL3NN, now Yella Fellaa change is as good as a rest so they say .:D

derekosb
9th November 2010, 12:02

Hi Glenn,

Glad you have taken the plunge and love the new username, spotted you had added your marker to the map:D.

Shall I put you as a possible at this stage or are you deffo?? Won't be able to miss you that's for sure:sunny::sunny::cool2:

Derek

Yella Fella
9th November 2010, 13:36
Derek, Just a maybe at this point. I have nothing planned for the 21st but as soon as I mention it, the wife will say, "ah, I thought we could . . . "

IDEA! Maybe bring her and she could go into the shops! I'll let you know asap.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2739/yellowzt.jpg

tazman3
9th November 2010, 14:39

Good to see you back in the fold mate....i remember your Trophy blue ZT,

the one your buying isnt by chance a 1.8T facelift ZT with about 23,000 miles on the clock is it. i remember there is a guy in Greenock i think who was selling a lovely example..

Martin

lady zed
9th November 2010, 15:51

Glad to see you back in the fold! I took a trip to Renault once, lasted 4 months before I was back in a 75 :D

The shops are fab at Loch Lomond, your wife will get loads of Xmas shopping done. Hopefully see you there if I manage to give birth soon! :D

derekosb
9th November 2010, 15:52
Good to see you back in the fold mate....i remember your Trophy blue ZT,

the one your buying isnt by chance a 1.8T facelift ZT with about 23,000 miles on the clock is it. i remember there is a guy in Greenock i think who was selling a lovely example..

Martin

See this thread here Martin when Glenn asked about how common the colour was: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71145&highlight=Trophy+Yellow

Derek

tazman3
9th November 2010, 16:32
Derek, yep thats the one...

Martin

derekosb
9th November 2010, 16:58
Derek, yep thats the one...

Martin

No real surprise there!:D:D

As per Glenn's original question in that thread there are not too many Trophy Yellow ZT's about. Looks in fantastic condition and look forward to seeing it on the 21st!

Glenn, as Scooterchick suggests, just say you are taking her shopping!:}

Derek

pab
9th November 2010, 17:51
will definitely stand out in the photos..

welcome back glenn

FredSpencer
9th November 2010, 18:49
will definitely stand out in the photos..

It'll need a helluva filter to tone it down a bit. ;)

pab
9th November 2010, 19:14
It'll need a helluva filter to tone it down a bit. ;)
fred, with your skills behind a camera,i'm sure you will get some decent results

FredSpencer
9th November 2010, 19:22
fred, with your skills behind a camera,i'm sure you will get some decent results

Let's hope it's not sunny then or you'll either get a yellow car with detail visible and black holes where darker cars are either side, or the detail in the dark cars and a bright, shiny blob in the middle. It could be a challenge. ;)

windrush
9th November 2010, 19:30
Let's hope it's not sunny then or you'll either get a yellow car with detail visible and black holes where darker cars are either side, or the detail in the dark cars and a bright, shiny blob in the middle. It could be a challenge. ;)

And I am sure that you are up to it Fred

FredSpencer
9th November 2010, 19:36
And I am sure that you are up to it Fred

We'll see. I'll probably forget my camera now. :o

pab
9th November 2010, 20:19
Let's hope it's not sunny then or you'll either get a yellow car with detail visible and black holes where darker cars are either side, or the detail in the dark cars and a bright, shiny blob in the middle. It could be a challenge. ;)i'm kind of lost here..but i do get a general idea of what you mean;)

suzublu
9th November 2010, 21:53
We'll see. I'll probably forget my camera now. :o
Shhhh! you,re giving away the plan. :shrug:

FredSpencer
9th November 2010, 22:03
Shhhh! you,re giving away the plan. :shrug:

That was all part of the plan. ;)

suzublu
9th November 2010, 22:16
But if you give away the plan,then the plan is compromised,& we have to formulate another plan to replace the plan,or they,ll know our plan?:getmecoat:

FLYER
9th November 2010, 22:28
christ not ANOTHER plan , i,m getin dizzy .:D:D:D

suzublu
9th November 2010, 22:31
That,s the plan! :cool:

suzublu
9th November 2010, 22:31
How come your avatar keeps changing?:shrug:

FLYER
9th November 2010, 22:53
How come your avatar keeps changing?:shrug:who me ????? i always change it . stops it getting boring :D

Yella Fella
10th November 2010, 08:25

Martin

No, not from Greenock. The car originated in the Dundee area, then was sold by Arnold Clark Dundee to a nice chap in Kilmaurs near Kilmarnock. Hes had it for sale since August and SORNED since October. Its a 04 plate facelift model with 29K on the clock.

tazman3
10th November 2010, 08:47
No, not from Greenock. The car originated in the Dundee area, then was sold by Arnold Clark Dundee to a nice chap in Kilmaurs near Kilmarnock. Hes had it for sale since August and SORNED since October. Its a 04 plate facelift model with 29K on the clock.

Yep thats the one i was thinking of....i spoke to the guy a couple of months ago when it came up i saw it on Gumtree...

dont know why i thought greenock..lol

Martin

barrienixon
11th November 2010, 16:54
Can you add me to the list aswell please.

pab
11th November 2010, 17:19
Can you add me to the list aswell please.is your location balloch,argyle and bute,if so your only over the road ;)

derek will add your name to the list,look forward to meeting you.

tazman3
11th November 2010, 17:36
is your location balloch,argyle and bute,if so your only over the road ;)

derek will add your name to the list,look forward to meeting you.

Barrie was at last years meet Paul..

Martin

pab
11th November 2010, 17:42
yes..i remember now,i spent a bit of time talking to him,sorry barrie i meet so many members and forget names very easily..must be an age thing..anyway :getmecoat:

AldoR
11th November 2010, 18:17
Just to add glenn your looks stunning :}

tazman3
11th November 2010, 18:21

And the car looks great too:getmecoat::getmecoat:

Martin

AldoR
11th November 2010, 18:49
Nice one mate:)

pab
11th November 2010, 19:41
Nice one mate:)tazman seems to enjoy pulling us up tonite,could be in conjunction with alfa romeo ownership :shrug:

FredSpencer
11th November 2010, 19:45
tazman seems to enjoy pulling us up tonite,could be in conjunction with alfa romeo ownership :shrug:

He needs to get 'em in now before he goes quiet because of all his forthcoming breadowns. ;)

pab
11th November 2010, 19:49
He needs to get 'em in now before he goes quiet because of all his forthcoming breadowns. ;)oh..and the electrical gremlins ;)

tazman3
11th November 2010, 19:59
Oh come on guys we all now MG/Rovers.....Gremlins....lol

Paul any further on the bullet mirror....?

Martin

pab
11th November 2010, 20:12
Oh come on guys we all now MG/Rovers.....Gremlins....lol

Paul any further on the bullet mirror....?

Martini will pick up a n/s bullet tomorrow,first thing.
got a call from a yard today in bellshill with an early top spec ZT,will have to check that one out.

tazman3
11th November 2010, 20:22
cheers mate your a star...

Martin

derekosb
11th November 2010, 21:09
Hi Barrie,

Happy to add you mate and look forward to seeing you again this year.

I've also added MGStephen, another attendee from last year, as a possible whilst he checks if he is working or not.

Anymore for anymore guys (and gals)??

Derek

derekosb
12th November 2010, 06:33
Hi there,

I had the car serviced yesterday (thanks Simondi for the recommendation) bu they were unable to re-set the service indicator.

Does anyone coming to the meet have a reset tool they could bring?? Would be much appreciated, thanks.

Derek

Simondi
12th November 2010, 06:44
I hope the service went OK. I always worry when I recomend something:)

Yella Fella
12th November 2010, 07:44

Thanks AldoR.

I pick it up tonight. :} Then I'll spend all day Saturday cleaning it, then polishing it, then waxing it then looking at it, them making a wish list LOL.

What do the MG7 lights look like? Any pics?

pab
12th November 2010, 08:16
Hi there,

I had the car serviced yesterday (thanks Simondi for the recommendation) bu they were unable to re-set the service indicator.

Does anyone coming to the meet have a reset tool they could bring?? Would be much appreciated, thanks.

Dereki usually have a reset tool at the meets,not a problem derek..

pab
12th November 2010, 08:20
Thanks AldoR.

I pick it up tonight. :} Then I'll spend all day Saturday cleaning it, then polishing it, then waxing it then looking at it, them making a wish list LOL.

What do the MG7 lights look like? Any pics?looking forward to seeing this car..what interior does it have?

aldo has the rear light clusters fitted to his car along with a host of other tasty mods..wonder if i can get a shot in it this time..

derekosb
12th November 2010, 08:52
I hope the service went OK. I always worry when I recomend something:)

Hi Simon,

No worries, seemed pretty good although there is a bit of work still needed but their pricing is not too bad and they are fairly convenient for me. I need to book it back in soon for discs and pads. The brake pad sensor wire is worn and I need rear discs. They have quoted me £216 to supply rear discs and pads and a new sensor wire. Need a track rod end which thye have quoted £53 to supply & fit. Need tyres too but I'll check the price of a wheel package before I decide.

i usually have a reset tool at the meets,not a problem derek..

Excellent Paul, many thanks.:bowdown:

Derek

derekosb
12th November 2010, 08:59
Thanks AldoR.

What do the MG7 lights look like? Any pics?

As Paul says, AldoR has them, so does Kieranswood so there should be 2 cars at the meet.

Aldo's

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/V8/021-3.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/V8/019-8.jpg

Kieran's

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/new%20lights/16082010093.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/kieranswood/new%20lights/16082010098.jpg

Original thread here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66776

Derek

Tim_Burgess
12th November 2010, 11:46
Hi there,

Derek

I'll have my reset tool with me, it lives in the glovebox.

Tim_Burgess
12th November 2010, 11:52

Just noticed pab's already offered DOH! That's what I get for responding before I've read to the end of the thread.:o

FLYER
12th November 2010, 12:08
i usually have a reset tool at the meets,not a problem derek..

Would it work on a car that says minus 25,000 . Lol.

derekosb
12th November 2010, 12:17

Just noticed pab's already offered DOH! That's what I get for responding before I've read to the end of the thread.:o

Thanks for the offer Tim and hopefully one of you can manage to reset mine and FLYER's :D

Derek

derekosb
14th November 2010, 08:04
Morning all,

With 1 week to go I thought I would give this a bump to see if there is anyone who has not seen it yet and fancies a meet at Loch Lomond.

Next Sunday. This is the current list from the 1st post. Please let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list.

1. Tazman3
2. AldoR (and Alison)
3. pab
4. Simondi
5. Derekosb
6. FLYER (and Annemarie - Mrs Flyer)
7. Suzublu
8. Brigus
9. J1MBO
10. Tim_Burgess
11. Rotrex
12. barrienixon
13. Yella Fella (formerly GL3NN)
14. Thomas
15. Tammyboy

Possibles

a) Kieranswood
b) MGStephen

Doubtfuls (unless baby makes an early appearance)

Scooterchick

Hope to see you on the 21st.

Derek

Yella Fella
14th November 2010, 14:41
Defo from Yella Fella. See you next week.

derekosb
14th November 2010, 14:47
Defo from Yella Fella. See you next week.

Excellent Glenn and looking forward to seeing your car as well (shouldn't be hard:sunny:).

I'll update the list(s). Here's hoping we get a day like today!!

Derek

tazman3
14th November 2010, 15:19
It was a lovely day here's hoping for the same next weekend

derekosb
14th November 2010, 15:37
It was a lovely day here's hoping for the same next weekend

Absolutely, just what I was thinking when Glenn confirmed earlier. Fingers crossed. As you are likely to still have the MG which car are you bringing Martin?

Derek

AldoR
14th November 2010, 16:33
Derek do we have a list of names/cars that will be attending on sunday?
Aldo.

tazman3
14th November 2010, 16:54
i will probably bring the Alfa, but i may bring the ZT also....not sure..if i can convince wife to come..lol

Martin

FLYER
14th November 2010, 16:57
Excellent Glenn and looking forward to seeing your car as well (shouldn't be hard:sunny:).

I'll update the list(s). Here's hoping we get a day like today!!

Derekno thanks , we awoke to 2 inches of snow today , ruddy coalburn lol

derekosb
14th November 2010, 17:51
Derek do we have a list of names/cars that will be attending on sunday?
Aldo.

Hi Aldo,

The list on the 1st post has been kept updated:}

Derek

derekosb
14th November 2010, 17:52
i will probably bring the Alfa, but i may bring the ZT also....not sure..if i can convince wife to come..lol

Martin

Now that would be the best of both worlds!!:D

Thomas
14th November 2010, 20:16
Ok after much discussion with the wife I shall be attending :D

tazman3
14th November 2010, 20:21
Yep Derek certainly is....

Good to hear Thomas....

Martin

tazman3
14th November 2010, 20:23
Hi Aldo,

The list on the 1st post has been kept updated:}

Derek

Derek

I think Aldo was refering to who has what car....

Martin

derekosb
14th November 2010, 20:37
Ok after much discussion with the wife I shall be attending :D

Excellent Thomas and I will update the list shortly. Oh and I meant to ask when (and more importantly why I suppose) did you change your name to drop the 1983?? Just curious (okay, nosey b.....)

Okay, I just noticed you have added yourself!! Advantage of being a mod.

Yep Derek certainly is....

Good to hear Thomas....

Martin

:D:D:D

Derek

I think Aldo was refering to who has what car....

Martin

Ah, I see. I do usually mark up members cars and colours and have not done that yet! Sorry...:getmecoat:

I'll try and get that done soon as well.:o

Thanks Martin.

Derek

Thomas
14th November 2010, 20:40
[QUOTE=derekosb;617662]Excellent Thomas and I will update the list shortly. Oh and I meant to ask when (and more importantly why I suppose) did you change your name to drop the 1983?? Just curious (okay, nosey b.....)

I er altered your list.................LOl anyway yes I dropped the 1983........really hated that part but it was all that was available at the time! (or all that i could think of lol):getmecoat:

tazman3
14th November 2010, 21:19
Ah, I see. I do usually mark up members cars and colours and have not done that yet! Sorry...:getmecoat:

I'll try and get that done soon as well.:o

Thanks Martin.

Derek

Sorry Derek didnt mean that as it may have sounded....

:bowdown:

Martin

derekosb
15th November 2010, 12:34
Sorry Derek didnt mean that as it may have sounded....

:bowdown:

Martin

No worries, my wife always tells me I need a little nudge (well actually kick) to get things done.

Thinking about a convoy now as there are only 6 days to go.

Who is up for the Asda Dumbarton car park again?

Derek

FLYER
15th November 2010, 13:17
me !! Me !!? ME !!!l lol.

tazman3
15th November 2010, 15:58

No worries, my wife always tells me I need a little nudge (well actually kick) to get things done.

Derek

Sounds good to me mate...

Martin

derekosb
15th November 2010, 16:53
me !! Me !!? ME !!!l lol.

George,

I see you have now moved to Glasgow. Big City so what part of the town are you in now to work out where best to catch up with you?

Derek

FLYER
15th November 2010, 17:08
George,

I see you have now moved to Glasgow. Big City so what part of the town are you in now to work out where best to catch up with you?

DerekAh now there lies a tale , i live in the marital home in glesga [lol] through the week and we live at my country pile [lol] at the weekend , so we will leave COALBURN sunday morning to head through GLASGOW .
am i confusing you cos i,m sure as hell confusing myself .:D:D:D

derekosb
15th November 2010, 17:11
Ah now there lies a tale , i live in the marital home in glesga [lol] through the week and we live at my country pile [lol] at the weekend , so we will leave COALBURN sunday morning to head through GLASGOW .
am i confusing you cos i,m sure as hell confusing myself .:D:D:D

Right, so you are coming up the same as last year from Coalburn.

in which case, if MGStephen confirms we may be able to get you a convoy with Suzublu and J1MBO coming up from England and picking up MGStephen en-route.

Who's up for it?

Derek

Tim_Burgess
15th November 2010, 20:16

Derek

We'll meet you at Lomond Shores. Are we parking in the same place?

derekosb
15th November 2010, 20:26
We'll meet you at Lomond Shores. Are we parking in the same place?

Hi Tim,

I noticed you said that in your first post so will see you there.

Yes, I have spoken with Clare at Lomond Shores who has again offered us the overflow car park, so same place (assuming you can remember where??:p:)

Looking forward to seeing you again on Sunday.

Derek

Tim_Burgess
15th November 2010, 20:33
Hi Tim,

I noticed you said that in your first post so will see you there.

Yes, I have spoken with Clare at Lomond Shores who has again offered us the overflow car park, so same place (assuming you can remember where??:p:)

Looking forward to seeing you again on Sunday.

Derek

Must be my age:D

pab
15th November 2010, 20:41
the asda at dumbarton is fine with me derek..

if i remember correctly leading the convoy was tazman 3,why i mention this was we passed through an industrial estate,probably the quickest and shortest route.any chance of a more scenic route this time?

oh and martin i'm not complaining about your choice of logistics ;)

tazman3
15th November 2010, 21:17

if i remember correctly leading the convoy was tazman 3,why i mention this was we passed through an industrial estate,probably the quickest and shortest route.any chance of a more scenic route this time?

oh and martin i'm not complaining about your choice of logistics ;)

There wasnt an industrial estate paul! Must have been a different meet, there is only one way from the asda to balloch along the A82.

Unless we could always go the Helensburgh route then over the back through to balloch however there is some traffic lights in cardross at the moment.

FLYER
15th November 2010, 22:47

oh and martin i'm not complaining about your choice of logistics ;)aint you thinking of the hillington industrial estate PAB , when we parked up in a burgerking.:shrug::}

J1MBO
15th November 2010, 22:52

in which case, if MGStephen confirms we may be able to get you a convoy with Suzublu and J1MBO coming up from England and picking up MGStephen en-route.

Who's up for it?

Derek

Sounds good to me Derek if it can be organised - like convoys, was part of one yesterday from Walsall to Bruntingthorpe ended up in excess of 30 cars a good number of them being V8's.

Cheers
Jim

derekosb
16th November 2010, 06:37
aint you thinking of the hillington industrial estate PAB , when we parked up in a burgerking.:shrug::}

Hi George,

Naw, pab did not meet us at the Burger King as he is North of the river and met us at the Dumbarton Asda.

Myself, Scooterchick, Weeman and peg99 met you and 2Diesels, GRAHAM1961 and Suzublu at the Burger King before heading over the Erskine Bridge to Dumbarton.

Sounds good to me Derek if it can be organised - like convoys, was part of one yesterday from Walsall to Bruntingthorpe ended up in excess of 30 cars a good number of them being V8's.

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim,

What time and route are you coming North?

Derek

J1MBO
16th November 2010, 12:19
Hi Jim,

What time and route are you coming North?

Derek

Hi Derek

Intended to leave at about 0700, as I've got a family meal on the Saturday night, would have thought that would give me enough time to arrive circa 1300 after a couple of stops for food and watering - me and the car lol.

As to route that'd be down to a BMW mk4 - but would have thought M6, A74M, M74, M8 over Glasgow, M898, Erskine bridge, A82 and up to Loch Lomond, it's years since I've been in that area so any advice is welcomed.

Regards
Jim

lady zed
16th November 2010, 12:55
I think Pab's thinking of the snowdrops, I seem to remember tazman and myself getting left behind at an industrial estate iirc.

Anyway, I don't think I'll make it on Sun :( baby Johnston is rather comfortable and doesn't appear to be in any hurry to join the big bad world, and who can blame him! Told him this morning I'm fed up carting him around and would much rather be pushing him now, but I don't think he was listening.

Have a great one :D

francoh20
16th November 2010, 18:30
Morning all,

With 1 week to go I thought I would give this a bump to see if there is anyone who has not seen it yet and fancies a meet at Loch Lomond.

Next Sunday. This is the current list from the 1st post. Please let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list.

1. Tazman3
2. AldoR (and Alison)
3. pab
4. Simondi
5. Derekosb
6. FLYER (and Annemarie - Mrs Flyer)
7. Suzublu
8. Brigus
9. J1MBO
10. Tim_Burgess
11. Rotrex
12. barrienixon
13. Yella Fella (formerly GL3NN)
14. Thomas

Possibles

a) Scooterchick
b) Kieranswood
c) MGStephen

Hope to see you on the 21st.

Derek
hi derek just got your msg. i wont be able to attend this meet.H20 FRA has been locked away since our last meet and has no tax on it. hopefully youz will get a good dry on sunday i ll be wishing i was there. hope to see you all soon and hopefully my car will have a new up grade,d front bumper and other mods. enjoy sunday. franco.

rotrex
16th November 2010, 21:03

Who's up for it?

Derek
in that case I could probs meet up with the gang on 74 somewhere ???

derekosb
16th November 2010, 21:13
in that case I could probs meet up with the gang on 74 somewhere ???

I was having a look at everyone's location to plan a convoy and was stumped as I don't know your location.:confused:

Last time FLYER met the guys coming north at Happendon and then Hillington. Are you North or South of Happendon?:}

Derek

tazman3
16th November 2010, 21:25
IIRC its Shotts....

Martin

rotrex
17th November 2010, 01:21
I was having a look at everyone's location to plan a convoy and was stumped as I don't know your location.:confused:

Last time FLYER met the guys coming north at Happendon and then Hillington. Are you North or South of Happendon?:}

Derek

hi Deric.
as martin said mate, shotts.
I could probably be sat at say larkhall. and be in phone contact with flyer and join the motorway just as they pass then join tail end of convoy.:D

Tam
17th November 2010, 06:22
Hi Derek i'm still huffing as l.lomond is the furthest of the 3 options from me :D:D ;) but i have got the green light from SWMBO so as long as the weather is fine me and Lewis will be there just have to be back home sharpish as it's school the next day so hope the fireworks are not delayed cheers Tam.

tazman3
17th November 2010, 09:22
Hi Derek i'm still huffing as l.lomond is the furthest of the 3 options from me :D:D ;) but i have got the green light from SWMBO so as long as the weather is fine me and Lewis will be there just have to be back home sharpish as it's school the next day so hope the fireworks are not delayed cheers Tam.

IIRC the Fireworks were about 5:30 last year they were delayed by about half hour but that was due to the bad rain we had that day...

Martin

FLYER
17th November 2010, 09:48
IIRC its Shotts....

Martin

HMP shotts .

He has a weekend pass, his jail nickname is CRUSHER.
I am so dead for this . Lol.

tazman3
17th November 2010, 09:53
HMP shotts .

Lol

Martin

AldoR
17th November 2010, 09:53
If anyone wants to meet at asda dumbarton i can be there around 1230pm:}

tazman3
17th November 2010, 09:57

I think derek is sorting out some convoys Aldo...

Martin

J1MBO
17th November 2010, 11:26
Derek

If we get some convoys sorted out I'll be tail end charlie on one of them with my camcorder if you want - worked well last Sunday at Bruntingthorpe

aKfW2yqMUzM

Cheers
Jim

FLYER
17th November 2010, 11:44
what was that noise in the background jimbo, was it jean driving your petrol tanker . Lol.

J1MBO
17th November 2010, 12:01
what was that noise in the background jimbo, was it jean driving your petrol tanker . Lol.

Ho Ho Ho - actually managed to do the 254 miles for the round trip plus parade lap and fast run on a tankful! Mind you I'll need two tankfulls for this Sunday.

Cheers
Jim

derekosb
17th November 2010, 12:12
IIRC its Shotts....

Martin

That rang a bell, but his position marker on the map is nowhere near Shotts so was not 100% sure:confused:

hi Deric.
as martin said mate, shotts.
I could probably be sat at say larkhall. and be in phone contact with flyer and join the motorway just as they pass then join tail end of convoy.:D

Hi, thanks for confirming and sounds like a good idea. Were you thinking of the slip road at the A72 and waiting for a signal from Flyer to join?

Hi Tam, glad you can make it and sorry it was the farthest but it proved the most popular choice. As Martin said the fireworks were delayed last year due to the rain. I am told they are scheduled for 4:30/5:00 so hopefully you can catch them. I'll update my list and hopefullt see you on Sunday.

I assume you will not be part of the convoys?

Hi Aldo,

12:30 was the plan for Asda Dumbarton so that would be fine. Pab has already confirmed he will meet us there.

I think derek is sorting out some convoys Aldo...

Martin

Hi Martin,

Is 12:30 at Asda okay for you too mate?

Derek

If we get some convoys sorted out I'll be tail end charlie on one of them with my camcorder if you want - worked well last Sunday at Bruntingthorpe

Cheers
Jim

Sounds good Jim.

I think you would need to be aiming for Happendon Services for 11:00 to meet up with Flyer, collecting Rotrex en-route at Larkhall.

I would hope we can get suzublu (Ronnie) to meet you somewhere before that for the run up the M74 to Happendon. Ronnie, are you up for that?

I'll post a seperate summary for the convoy shortly.

15 cars so far with a couple of possible additions. Any more for any more?:}

Derek

derekosb
17th November 2010, 13:10
Hi guys,

As you can see from earlier posts I have been setting up a few small convoys.

Northbound

J1MBO and Suzublu are coming up from England via the M74. I am hoping they will be able to meet up with Flyer at Happendon Services at 11:00 and then pick up Rotrex as they pass Larkhall about 11:15.

From there you will join the M8, head across the Erskine Bridge to rendezvous with the West Convoy for 12:30

West

Myself, pab, AldoR and hopefully Tazman3 will meet at the Asda car park on the main road through Dumbarton at about 12:30. To be joined by J1MBO, suzublu, Flyer and Rotrex before heading up to Lomond Shores.

For those not mentioned, what do you all want to do?

Simondi - I know you are coming slightly later.:p:
Tim_Burgess - Going direct.:cool:
Barrienixon - I assume as you are so close to the venue you will see us there but you can let me know if you want to meet before.:cool:

Yella Fella: Not sure where you are coming from Glenn so let me know if you can join us and if so where?:}

Thomas: What about yourself?:}
Brigus and Tammyboy, as you 2 are coming south let me know what, if anything you are planning?

Thanks everyone.

Derek

Tam
17th November 2010, 15:07
Hi Derek no worries i no its a good venue and popular thats not allways easy to find so understandable that people want to return. Scott is travelling down from Aberdeen on the sat. so will be on my own i guess. Think my route is down to Stirling then cut across if it fits in with anyone cheers Tam.

tazman3
17th November 2010, 16:45
Derek 12:30 is fine for me....

I will come in the ZT if its around but hoping to get the wife to bring the Alfa also.

Martin

pab
17th November 2010, 16:50
one more meet for the green machine would be good martin..

12.30 at the asda in dumbarton suits me too.

FLYER
17th November 2010, 17:30

I will come in the ZT if its around but hoping to get the wife to bring the Alfa also.

Martinthats a must , we have to see this alfa . (a diesel) yeehaw.
Flyer grins !!!!!!!

derekosb
17th November 2010, 17:46

Martin

Okay Martin thanks for confirming and let's hope you can bring both as I woudll love to see the Alfa as well:drool4:

one more meet for the green machine would be good martin..

12.30 at the asda in dumbarton suits me too.

Thanks Paul, see you there.

Derek

Yella Fella
17th November 2010, 18:36
Hi guys,

Northbound

J1MBO and Suzublu are coming up from England via the M74. I am hoping they will be able to meet up with Flyer at Happendon Services at 11:00 and then pick up Rotrex as they pass Larkhall about 11:15.

From there you will join the M8, head across the Erskine Bridge to rendezvous with the West Convoy for 12:30

Yella Fella: Not sure where you are coming from Glenn so let me know if you can join us and if so where?:}

Derek

Ill be using the M73 so since there are a few coming from the south and using the M73, I can wait on the sliproad (100m before the iron horse) where the M73 swings around and joins the M8 to Glasgow. Its a nice long sliproad and I should be able to sit there no problem. When I see you pass, I'll simply join the M8 and catch up and fall in behind you on the M8. If you are passing Larkhall about 1115 hrs, you should pass me about 1120 - 1125hrs assuming you are all on time. If I think I have missed you or whatever, Ill go direct to Lonond Shores so carry on, dont wait for me.

Thomas
17th November 2010, 21:29
I may be later guys so i will jst get you there ! I think I shall be there for 2ish

FLYER
17th November 2010, 21:37
Ill be using the M73 so since there are a few coming from the south and using the M73, I can wait on the sliproad (100m before the iron horse) where the M73 swings around and joins the M8 to Glasgow. Its a nice long sliproad and I should be able to sit there no problem. When I see you pass, I'll simply join the M8 and catch up and fall in behind you on the M8. If you are passing Larkhall about 1115 hrs, you should pass me about 1120 - 1125hrs assuming you are all on time. If I think I have missed you or whatever, Ill go direct to Lonond Shores so carry on, dont wait for me.pm me your mobby number and i will text you when we leave happenden , then i will text again as we join the M8 if agreeable .:D

J1MBO
17th November 2010, 22:03
Derek

I should be able to make Happendon by 1100 and meet up with Flyer & Suzublu, going to stop for breakfast on the way though so I might leave a bit earlier than 0700 just to be sure. I'll have the camera mount fitted before I leave, just need to mount the camera at Happendon.

Looking forward to it - see you all Sunday.

Cheers
Jim

FLYER
17th November 2010, 22:06
Derek

I should be able to make Happendon by 1100 and meet up with Flyer & Suzublu, going to stop for breakfast on the way though so I might leave a bit earlier than 0700 just to be sure. I'll have the camera mount fitted before I leave, just need to mount the camera at Happendon.

Looking forward to it - see you all Sunday.

Cheers
Jimyep see you sunday JIMBO :D

rotrex
17th November 2010, 22:54
same here guys. see yah sunday, we have ourselfs a convoy :D

rotrex
17th November 2010, 22:57
HMP shotts .

:whip::fishslap::flame::flog2::box::poke::clap:

derekosb
18th November 2010, 06:51
same here guys. see yah sunday, we have ourselfs a convoy :D

:DJust watch that Flyer though, he'll overtake at just the wrong moment!! Seems he just has to be out front...:p::p::p:

Derek

FLYER
18th November 2010, 08:32
:DJust watch that Flyer though, he'll overtake at just the wrong moment!! Seems he just has to be out front...:p::p::p:

DerekIt wisnae me mister !!! It was bigger boys and they ran away . Lol.

Yella Fella
18th November 2010, 11:11
pm me your mobby number and i will text you when we leave happenden , then i will text again as we join the M8 if agreeable .:D

PM sent.

I'll put my headlights on, just in case you dont see me :sunny:

Thomas
18th November 2010, 20:56
I have cheekily added another to the confirmed list!:D:getmecoat:

derekosb
18th November 2010, 21:39
I have cheekily added another to the confirmed list!:D:getmecoat:

Hi Thomas,

Your folks are always welcome mate!!:D:D

Derek

Thomas
18th November 2010, 21:43
Thanks Derek..........now before anyone comments the Vitesse is looking rather more like a standard 800 as it has its winter alloys on at the moment! The original alloys have just been refurbished and are now sitting nice and warm in mothers kitchen! (much to her disgust!:getmecoat:)

derekosb
18th November 2010, 21:49
The original alloys have just been refurbished and are now sitting nice and warm in mothers kitchen! (much to her disgust!:getmecoat:)

OMG!!! I would deffo not get away with that!!!:D:D:D

Derek

Thomas
18th November 2010, 21:52
lol well lets just say his garage and sheds are rather full of er a boat,rover 800 bits and bobs and lots and lots of land rover stuff, but I agree I would never get away with that either!!!! :getmecoat:

Yella Fella
19th November 2010, 07:39
Derek,
the last meet I was at (Falkirk nil:laughing2:, sorry Falkirk Wheel) you raised a Rover flag.

I bought an MG flag from a MG delaer to take to car shows next year for my F and TF group. It has all the Zed's mentioned, and the MG logo. I have no flagpole, as the intention was to drape the car with the flag.

Do you want me to bring it along?

Kirst
19th November 2010, 08:11
We would have loved to come but Carls at work on Saturday night and I have a dress fitting on Monday afternoon so wouldnt be back in time as it's a 5 hour drive, plus I cant get my elbow delt with so I cant drive far

FLYER
19th November 2010, 08:40
We would have loved to come but Carls at work on Saturday night and I have a dress fitting on Monday afternoon so wouldnt be back in time as it's a 5 hour drive, plus I cant get my elbow delt with so I cant drive fari think you two are starting to enjoy the scottish air , quite similar to the bracing gusts on the moors in yorkshire lol.

FLYER
19th November 2010, 08:43
What about scooterchick ????
Any sign of a special delivery yet .

derekosb
19th November 2010, 09:27
Derek,
the last meet I was at (Falkirk nil:laughing2:, sorry Falkirk Wheel) you raised a Rover flag.

I bought an MG flag from a MG delaer to take to car shows next year for my F and TF group. It has all the Zed's mentioned, and the MG logo. I have no flagpole, as the intention was to drape the car with the flag.

Hi Glenn, that would be great if you don't mind. GRAHAM1961 has a large Rover flag and if he manages to get off work will hopefully bring that too.

The one at Falkirk was Stocktakes from the Round Britain Relay and eventually made it back down to him:o

We would have loved to come but Carls at work on Saturday night and I have a dress fitting on Monday afternoon so wouldnt be back in time as it's a 5 hour drive, plus I cant get my elbow delt with so I cant drive far

Hi Kirst,

It would have been nice to meet you and Carl but I understand. Maybe next time if we are far enough South. There may be an Anglo/Scottish Meet near the border again as well which might suit you?

Keep an eye on the events & meets section:}

What about scooterchick ????
Any sign of a special delivery yet .

Hi George,

There was a message from Anna a few pages ago basically ruling herself out so even if the baby appeared today it would be too early for Anna to make it.

Look for you at the 1st meet next year Anna?:}

Derek

pab
19th November 2010, 10:38
Don't think there will be any competion for the cleanest car..perhaps we could judge the interiors?

suzublu
19th November 2010, 10:42
Right, a plan has been sorted. Regards meeting the fellas at Happendon,if you get there first,put a chalk mark on the road.If i get there first,i,ll rub it out.:panic: Seriously guys, i.m bringing a guest with me, so i can,t be tied to a time st the services,so just carry on & i,ll meet everyone at Balloch.See you Sunday :)

barrienixon
19th November 2010, 10:54
Hi all,
I will try to make it to asda to make the the convoy larger if not i will meet you there

derekosb
19th November 2010, 11:53
Don't think there will be any competion for the cleanest car..perhaps we could judge the interiors?

I was thinking that as I drove to work today. If I get the car washed today then by the time I get home it will be filthy again......

I will still need to wash it before Sunday.......:o

Derek

FLYER
19th November 2010, 11:55

GULP !!!!!!

Mine is a bin .lol.

derekosb
19th November 2010, 11:56
Hi all,
I will try to make it to asda to make the the convoy larger if not i will meet you there

Thanks Barrie,

If you will be any later than 12:45 I would say we should be on our way by then and will see you there. Otherwise hopefully see you at Asda for 12:30.

Derek

derekosb
19th November 2010, 11:57
GULP !!!!!!

Mine is a bin .lol.

You can park next to mine then:D:D

Just steer away from Tim as his is always spotless!!:p::p:

Derek

FLYER
19th November 2010, 12:19
Right, a plan has been sorted. Regards meeting the fellas at Happendon,if you get there first,put a chalk mark on the road.If i get there first,i,ll rub it out.:panic: Seriously guys, i.m bringing a guest with me, so i can,t be tied to a time st the services,so just carry on & i,ll meet everyone at Balloch.See you Sunday :)mystery guest eh ????

Famous ?????

suzublu
19th November 2010, 12:52
Infamous:cool:

derekosb
19th November 2010, 13:07
Infamous:cool:

Now that is definitely T R U E :p:

lady zed
19th November 2010, 13:53
Ach Baby Johnston still tucked up tight, got them all excited on facebook last night by saying 'it's beeney time', meant Sarah Beeny :D

Tim_Burgess
19th November 2010, 15:49
You can park next to mine then:D:D

Just steer away from Tim as his is always spotless!!:p::p:

Derek

I won't have the parallel stripes hoovered in to the floor mats - switched to rubber ones for the winter.

Yep, I know; I'm sad and I need to get out more.:o

Yella Fella
19th November 2010, 16:04
Derek,

How sad, answering my own post :getmecoat:

Anyway, re the flag. I was home early and realised I had an extension pole in the shed, a big extension pole! so I poped into the parasol base and hey presto! a flag pole!

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5125/mgflag001.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6307/mgflag003.jpg

Its big. About 10' - 12' high! (the flag that is)

derekosb
19th November 2010, 16:07
How sad, answering my own post :getmecoat:

Anyway, re the flag. I was home early and realised I had an extension pole in the shed, a big extension pole! so I poped into the parasol base and hey presto! a flag pole!

Its big. About 10' - 12' high! (the flag that is)

Excellent Glenn. Will you manage to bring it along then??:bowdown:

Derek

David5000
19th November 2010, 16:17
Please add me as a probable.
cheers

derekosb
19th November 2010, 16:33
Please add me as a probable.
cheers

Hi David,

Be delighted to. Welcome to the club by the way as I have not seen you post as yet. (Okay, I just checked your previous posts and saw you were on the Gretna thread so apologies, I am slipping....)

Whereabouts (roughly) in Glasgow are you? (i.e. are you up for joining the convoy?)

Derek

Yella Fella
19th November 2010, 17:05
Excellent Glenn. Will you manage to bring it along then??:bowdown:

Derek

Yes, I'll get the poles in through the Ski hatch. We just need a slight wind!

derekosb
19th November 2010, 17:12
Yes, I'll get the poles in through the Ski hatch. We just need a slight wind!

The problem is we are likely to get a bit more than a "slight" wind....:(

It will need some weighting down no doubt or can it be secured under one of the cars (or maybe tied to the gates at the entrance to the car park?).

Look forward to seeing your new car on Sunday anyway.:sunny::sunny::cool2:

Let's hope it brings out the sun...

Derek

suzublu
19th November 2010, 17:38
Just seen the forcast Derek,& guess what? SUN!!!!!! :):)

pab
19th November 2010, 18:29
Just seen the forcast Derek,& guess what? SUN!!!!!! :):)thanks for confirming your bringing the sun with you this time..your mystery guest,i have stood in the rain with him before i think ;)

suzublu
19th November 2010, 18:34
Ahh well Paul, that would be telling.;)

pab
19th November 2010, 18:46
I won't have the parallel stripes hoovered in to the floor mats - switched to rubber ones for the winter.

Yep, I know; I'm sad and I need to get out more.:owill give my car the once over interior wise..if it needs it or not ;)

managed to find one of the items you require :)

Tim_Burgess
19th November 2010, 19:35
managed to find one of the items you require :)

Thanks Paul.

suzublu
19th November 2010, 19:39
Because i,m coming from 3000 miles away,is it ok if my car,s a little grubby?:shrug:

FLYER
19th November 2010, 20:00
Just seen the forcast Derek,& guess what? SUN!!!!!! :):)

Yup cold but sunny .

Re the flag i have a bootfull of tie straps so we could secure it to an onsite pole . No pole jokes please . Lol.

tazman3
19th November 2010, 20:05
strapping it to the Entrance would be really good...

I will be bringing the Alfa on Sunday as the wifes at work so she cant come...

But it will need a clean lol

Martin

suzublu
19th November 2010, 20:05
Oh no! this could end up like the Yorkshire thread!!:D:D:D

FredSpencer
19th November 2010, 20:10
Oh no! this could end up like the Yorkshire thread!!:D:D:D

You called for Yorkshire Fred? :shrug:

suzublu
19th November 2010, 20:14
I rubbed my magic lamp & here you are.Transmogrified to the Scottish section:bowdown:

FredSpencer
19th November 2010, 20:17
I rubbed my magic lamp & here you are.Transmogrified to the Scottish section:bowdown:

That's two Trans-thingies you've been involved in tonight, people might talk. ;)

suzublu
19th November 2010, 20:18
Yup cold but sunny .

Re the flag i have a bootfull of tie straps so we could secure it to an onsite pole . No pole jokes please . Lol.
Would he be called "valter"?

suzublu
19th November 2010, 20:26
Trans v trannies, different things i think? Anyway, i,m not on "the list" on this thread, so i can wear what i like.Nerr nerr :p:

FredSpencer
19th November 2010, 20:28
Trans v trannies, different things i think? Anyway, i,m not on "the list" on this thread, so i can wear what i like.Nerr nerr :p:

Point of order Mr. Chairleg - they both start with TRANS - so there! :p:

suzublu
19th November 2010, 20:30
Sustained! the chairleg recognises the learned gentleman,s point of order.Don,t care though!:shrug:

FredSpencer
19th November 2010, 20:36
Sustained! the chairleg recognises the learned gentleman,s point of order.Don,t care though!:shrug:

Recognition at last! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank ...... :D

pab
19th November 2010, 20:45
looks like our well organised meet thread is turning into the forum hijackers thread.

back on topic ;)

suzublu
19th November 2010, 20:48
UH oh, sorry boss.It,s that Fred Spencer fella,honest :bowdown::bowdown::getmecoat:

tazman3
19th November 2010, 21:00
is Flyer bringing his flag with him also..

Martin

FLYER
19th November 2010, 22:03
is Flyer bringing his flag with him also..

Martin

Sadly my pole bent in the middle . No jokes please . Lol.

FredSpencer
19th November 2010, 22:06
No jokes please . Lol.

Wouldn't dream of it ...... very serious business having your pole bent. :getmecoat:

pab
20th November 2010, 17:09
when i think of this meet last year,think of 2 diesels..shame he couldn't make it.

J1MBO
20th November 2010, 17:10
Washed the car yesterday, polished it today and it's just started raining - bother - mind you going out in about an hour for a family get together so the chances of it staying clean are rather slim.

See you tomorrow, should be able to make Happendon by 1100, if not then try for Asda Dumbarton by 1230.

Cheers
Jim

tazman3
20th November 2010, 17:18
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow J1mbo

Martin

pab
20th November 2010, 17:28
Washed the car yesterday, polished it today and it's just started raining - bother - mind you going out in about an hour for a family get together so the chances of it staying clean are rather slim.

See you tomorrow, should be able to make Happendon by 1100, if not then try for Asda Dumbarton by 1230.

Cheers
Jimvery difficult to keep the car clean in these conditions..i've tried.
during the afternoon sunshine last sunday i managed to give it a coat of autoglym extra gloss protection..interior is immaculate though

tazman3
20th November 2010, 17:30
..interior is immaculate though

As always Paul:D

Martin

rotrex
20th November 2010, 17:37
I'm not to into cleaning cars tbh, but did think today {first in weeks} I'll give the car a was since rain has held off, yea you guesed no sooner finished and rain came on. took a pic though while clean probably never again till spring :shrug:

Yella Fella
20th November 2010, 18:25
With all the talk of flags, I just bought 2 of these to relpace the Union Jack ones at the rear pillar.

http://www.csmgf.co.uk/Shop/Saltire_400.jpg

http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/scotland.gif

FLYER
20th November 2010, 18:25
forecast for tmw is good so lets hope for a good one ,
So it,s happenden 11.00 to meet jimbo then convoy to dumbarton picking up rotrex then the yella fella onroute .

derekosb
20th November 2010, 18:43
forecast for tmw is good so lets hope for a good one ,
So it,s happenden 11.00 to meet jimbo then convoy to dumbarton picking up rotrex then the yella fella onroute .

Hi George,

Correct mate, with the possible addition of Suzublu if has made Happendon by 11:00 (although he has said do not wait for him).

Rotrex should join you at the Larkhall junction and Yella Fella (be careful, you may not see him!!:D) when you join the M8.

Everyone else that is convoying will see you at the Asda car park in Dumbarton for 12:30

Asda Supermarket
St James Retail Park
Glasgow
G82 1RB

We will then head up to Loch Lomond Shores for approx 13:00 and use the overspill car park (on the right before the main car park areas).

17 cars with 2 possibles.

Anyone else up for the meet please let me know and look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Derek

pab
21st November 2010, 07:59
looking out of the window thankfully it is dry and the sun is trying to break through :}

going to see if i can get some of this road dirt off the car..not my favourite method,but the pressure washer is the in order.

Departed 32016
21st November 2010, 09:20
not been able to get the time off (again) but hope you all have a good one.

FLYER
21st November 2010, 09:39
Thats the sausage n fried egg down the hatch with mugfuls of tea and getting ready to head to happendon to meet jimbo and possibly suzublu.

J1MBO
21st November 2010, 09:39
Oi flyer you shouldn't be on here you should be on your way!

derekosb
21st November 2010, 09:43
Oi flyer you shouldn't be on here you should be on your way!

I hope that means you are waiting at Happendon Jim?? Flyer is not far from there and should be with you shortly.

See you soon,

Derek

J1MBO
21st November 2010, 09:50
I hope that means you are waiting at Happendon Jim?? Flyer is not far from there and should be with you shortly.

See you soon,

Derek

Yes awaiting Flyer, see you soon Derek.

Jim

Tim_Burgess
21st November 2010, 10:28
With all the talk of flags, I just bought 2 of these to relpace the Union Jack ones at the rear pillar.

http://www.csmgf.co.uk/Shop/Saltire_400.jpg

http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/scotland.gif

I got a couple of these for SWMBO's MGF a while ago. They're much better quality than the originals and fractionally larger.

See you all later

FLYER
21st November 2010, 11:31
ready to leave dumbarton , cold but nice .

Yella Fella
21st November 2010, 17:03
Nice to meet you all today. :}

Heres a few pics . . .

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4341/lomond21112010011.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3885/lomond21112010042.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1973/lomond21112010025.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8317/lomond21112010035.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7992/lomond21112010037.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1157/lomond21112010043.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5825/lomond21112010057.jpg

pab
21st November 2010, 17:11
great pictures,i have a few but not the same quality as them...

nice to see you all again in better weather conditions.

oh and the highlight of my afternoon was a shot in a MGZT V8..can still hear the sound.

AldoR
21st November 2010, 17:58
Pab glad you enjoyed the run mate also to add we enjoyed the meet today catching up with old friends and meeting new ones look foward to the next.:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_007-18.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_004-17.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_001-20.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_006-16.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_002-22.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_005-18.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_003-18.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/th_006-16.jpg

pab
21st November 2010, 18:03
can still hear the sound aldo..:D

FLYER
21st November 2010, 19:17
Excellent meet , excellent weather , excellent fireworks , excellent burgers, excellent coffee , excellent company !!!! just EXCELLENT .:D:D:D:D.

:DOh and loved the wee train that went around the site .:D

The usual great organization by DEREK .

Well done to all.

Simondi
21st November 2010, 19:20
Another really good clubmeet, great to meet old friends and new ones alike. A special word of thanks to our RS Derekosb for his excellent arrangemnets. The fireworks were really good and both Ronnie & myself enjoyed watching the dancing girls!! Espescially looking forwar to seeing Freds photos;) Until then here are mine.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/simondi75/Loch%20Lomond%2021st%20Nov%202010/DSC05805.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/simondi75/Loch%20Lomond%2021st%20Nov%202010/DSC05811.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/simondi75/Loch%20Lomond%2021st%20Nov%202010/DSC05810.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/simondi75/Loch%20Lomond%2021st%20Nov%202010/DSC05808.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/simondi75/Loch%20Lomond%2021st%20Nov%202010/DSC05807.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/simondi75/Loch%20Lomond%2021st%20Nov%202010/DSC05806.jpg

FLYER
21st November 2010, 19:42
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/davidsonson/21112010002.jpg most embarrassing but the wife only took one piccy and it was of my car :getmecoat::getmecoat::D

rotrex
21st November 2010, 19:46
Excellent meet , excellent weather , excellent fireworks , excellent burgers, excellent coffee , excellent company !!!! just EXCELLENT .:D:D:D:D.

Well done to all.
you an mrs flyer had a decent day then :p:

as already said guys, it was a good day. some really tasty cars. weather was very kind for mid november, was a pleasure to meet folk and put faces/cars on forum names:D on a down side however try'd to call {she who likes to be in charge} on way home and my parrot decided it wasnt going to talk , hopefully something simple :confused:

FLYER
21st November 2010, 19:53
you an mrs flyer had a decent day then :p:

as already said guys, it was a good day. some really tasty cars. weather was very kind for mid november, was a pleasure to meet folk and put faces/cars on forum names:D on a down side however try'd to call {she who likes to be in charge} on way home and my parrot decided it wasnt going to talk , hopefully something simple :confused:http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/davidsonson/parrot.jpg:getmecoat::getmecoat::D

J1MBO
21st November 2010, 20:30

Well done to all.

Totally agree with those comments great day, but as usual to much gassing meant I didn't get to chat with all - sorry about that hopefully will get up again soon.

Didn't bring the laptop so will not be able to post any pictures until tomorrow evening, not sure if the convoy video will be up to much - flyer and me got stuck at a set of lights and lost the rest.

Cheers
Jim

rotrex
21st November 2010, 20:40
Jim. it was a pleasure to finaly meet you mate. is that you settled down at hotel for the night ?

FLYER
21st November 2010, 20:40
Totally agree with those comments great day, but as usual to much gassing meant I didn't get to chat with all - sorry about that hopefully will get up again soon.

Didn't bring the laptop so will not be able to post any pictures until tomorrow evening, not sure if the convoy video will be up to much - flyer and me got stuck at a set of lights and lost the rest.

Cheers
Jimit was that idiot in the MR2 with the ridiculous twin exhausts , he was holding me up , all noise and no power :D:D:D

rotrex
21st November 2010, 20:44
it was that idiot in the MR2 with the ridiculous twin exhausts , he was holding me up , all noise and no power :D:D:D
there were a few drivers intent on breaking us up on way there :shrug:maybe jumping in front of me to :drool4:over jimbo's car :bowdown:

rotrex
21st November 2010, 20:46
just enjoying some stovie's here :D

FLYER
21st November 2010, 20:48
just enjoying some stovie's here :D Nice with a dark brown crust on top :drool4::drool4::D

derekosb
21st November 2010, 21:02
Hi guys,

Firstly my thanks to everyone that made the effort and turned up today. To those that were unable to get the day off work hope you can make the next one.:}

Special mention to J1MBO and suzublu (plus special guest Fred Spencer) for their dedication and effort in getting there. Tammyboy as well as he had a long drive too (particularly when you get a little lost Tam!!:p:).

Good to see everyone again as well as meeting Rotrex and Dave5000. Good to see Glenn back in the fold and your Trophy Yellow is gorgeous.

Special thanks to Thomas for resetting my service meter, as well as pab and Tim who also offered.

Glad everyone had a good day and the weather was much kinder to us.

I'll upload some photos as soon as I can. Oh and George I'll enjoy your stovies tomorrow night.

Derek

suzublu
21st November 2010, 21:12
As usual Derek, congrats for another great day out & for organising for that bright ball in the sky!:bowdown: Never seen that before!!! Cheers George for the stovie which i,ll have tomorrow, & hi to Rotrex & the other lads who turned up.Oops, & lasses of course. Jimbo,s & Yella Fellas cars are a sight to behold.Oh Derek,miscalculation on the mileage mate, it,s 200.Anyway,Fred,s on his way home now,if his sat-nav,s working, & by the way Simon,i was listening to the music! Honest ;)

derekosb
21st November 2010, 21:18
Some of my photos from today.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040267.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040265.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040264.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040262.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040260.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040258.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040255.jpg

J1MBO the photographer

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040263.jpg

The interloper Nissan which had the cheek to use "our" car park!!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040270.jpg

J1MBO's :drool4::drool4::drool4::drool4::drool4:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040271.jpg

I'll post the non car ones later.

Derek

Thomas
21st November 2010, 21:31
Evening people! again such a well planned day Derek really is a testemant to the club! Appologies for not getting to chat to everyone but mrs wanted to see the shops, and by 4 oclock the wee one was getting a bit fed up! there is always next time though!

FLYER
21st November 2010, 21:42
Evening people! again such a well planned day Derek really is a testemant to the club! Appologies for not getting to chat to everyone but mrs wanted to see the shops, and by 4 oclock the wee one was getting a bit fed up! there is always next time though!Agreed !!! cant praise DEREK enough , every forum needs a DEREK .;):D[respect]:)

derekosb
21st November 2010, 21:42
A quick video of some of the fireworks from today

PkLzpafz_Yk

Derek

derekosb
21st November 2010, 21:54
After the Kittycat Dolls at last year's meet we were treated to "The Sundays" this year.

Yes, A tribute act to "The Saturdays".

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040314.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040307.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040299.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040306.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040310.jpg

Och, the autofocus must have slipped!!:o:o:o;)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Loch%20Lomond%2021%20Nov%202010/P1040309.jpg

For more info try http://www.thesaturdaystribute.com/

Derek

FLYER
21st November 2010, 22:01
please please please please please tell me you got the phone number of the girl in the tight pink mini .:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::D:D:D:D