PDA

View Full Version : What extra couldn't you live without......

Paranoid Carlos
16th November 2006, 15:11
May have been done before but what item couldn't live without on your 75. Or put another what must your next car have that you have got now.

After nearly putting my old Xantia through the porch and garage doors recently, I realised I really rely on my rear parking sensors, would happily pay for them to be fitted.

Kandyman
16th November 2006, 15:33
My Auto gearbox,

After driving in and around London for years i couldn't live without my Auto box.:driving:

Spôôk
16th November 2006, 15:39
May have been done before but what item couldn't live without on your 75. Or put another what must your next car have that you have got now.

A Rover Badge!
Spôôk

Keith
16th November 2006, 15:41
Yes I would like an Auto Diesel one day, car number 4...........

At the moment I still think Cruise is the gadget I use and like the most
followed by the memory seats really very useful most days
followed by Hi-Line system which I use almost most days

Plus at this time of year the Parking Heater, yeah ................ but not in the petrol cars boo...............

Things I don't use
The Heated seats (well some times to annoy swmbo)
The Cassette player what's a cassette?
The Cigarette Lighter
The steering wheel audio controls, I find them awkward to use.

BMC123
16th November 2006, 16:02
Air-Con - Even in the winter its useful.

Nick Hoare
16th November 2006, 16:04
Auto gearbox ( I'm a lazy *** )

David3807
16th November 2006, 16:09
Parking aid definitely. They should have been standard fit on all 75s from day one.

lady zed
16th November 2006, 17:02
I don't have parking sensors on my car. I don't need them. :D :p: :D

actros
16th November 2006, 17:07
I don't have parking sensors on my car. I don't need them. :D :p: :Dgood drivers dont need them,just for pipe & slipper gang. cannot turn there heads.:driving:

JP53
16th November 2006, 18:45
1st ATC
2nd Cruise control
3rd Power fold mirror

Jamie
16th November 2006, 19:31
1st ATC
2nd Cruise control
3rd Power fold mirror

Agree with Cruise Control....priceless......also xenon headlamps

Simon
16th November 2006, 19:35
I couldn't live without my car. So my next car would have to be, er... This one! :D

If I had to change though, it would have to have climate control, leather and a purring V6 under the bonnet (unless, I chose a V8 :cool: )

apywell
16th November 2006, 19:45
This is the first time I've owned an Auto come to think of it, it is the first time I've owned a Diesel. This is my order of 'couldn't live withouts'......

1. Cruise
2. Auto
3. Parking aid
4. Dual Climate control
5. Electric rear blind... (for showing off...):p:

JP53
16th November 2006, 19:47
This is the first time I've owned an Auto come to think of it, it is the first time I've owned a Diesel. This is my order of 'couldn't live withouts'......

1. Cruise
2. Auto
3. Parking aid
4. Dual Climate control
5. Electric rear blind... (for showing off...):p:

Yes it's nice driving an auto and the cruise works even better with it. :D

apywell
16th November 2006, 19:53
Come to think of it....... I'm also really impressed with the Diesel engine. Great fuel economy compared to my old car..... :lol:

John Robins
17th November 2006, 00:35
I ride a bike most of the time...

baxlin
17th November 2006, 12:47
Actros is possibly not too far out, with his extremely ageist comment!:rolleyes: I do find it quite difficult to look over my shoulder to reverse since I've been wearing me Varifocals!

Mind you, it's a great feeling to do a superb parking manoeuvre without stretching and straining - merely watching your (electrically adjustable) mirrors, and listening out for the beep telling you when to stop. The final luxury would of course be parking sensors for the front corners, a subject much discussed on the .org forum.

anglaslt
17th November 2006, 13:48

Interesting question. My daily runabout is an LPG Club 75 2.5 manual with no extras at all, apart from the LPG conversion.
I love this car. It's quiet, it's comfortable, it's economic, has an excellent climate control system and adequate perfomance.
I guess the answer is, if I have a basic 75 in good condition I can live without most things.
Not to say I don't enjoy the creature comforts, so come the weekend and a nice day it's time for a change...........
Tom

colinjyates
17th November 2006, 15:57
I couldn't do without my powerfold mirrors as I live in a very narrow street.

After that probably memory seats, as the I'm vertically challenged compared to the wife!

fmfanuk
19th November 2006, 11:41
As with all the standard ZTT+ options (traffic master, cruise, parking sensors, mg badge) one thing that I could not live without (and this is a little strange) is the standard cassette deck!

Means I can use my iPod with all the standard radio via a cassette adaptor. :D

yp53
19th November 2006, 13:39
Functional items
1. Cruise contol
2. Xenons
3. Climate control
4. Parking sensors (front & rear - I'm lazy)
5. Head unit with DAB and Ipod control
6. Parking Heater
7. Some form of satnav (I use an Ipaq 4150)

Non-functional items
1. Wood rim steering wheel
2. Wood gear knob
3. Wood hanbrake grip
4. Wood something else

(Would) hardly ever use:
1. Heated seats
2. Front fog lights
3. Sunroof (even if I had one!)

lightpainter
19th January 2007, 22:58
good drivers dont need them,just for pipe & slipper gang. cannot turn there heads.:driving:

Don't need to turn my head, got rear view camera!

JohnDotCom
20th January 2007, 00:23
Its been said before and no doubt it will be said again, the one thing I could not do without is THE CAR!

JohnDotCom
20th January 2007, 00:26
If I Have to list:

1. Auto Gear Box
2. Traction Control
3. Cruise Control
4. Reverse Sensors
5. Wide screen TV/Sat Nav DVD Playback
Then.............Everything Else.

madone
20th January 2007, 08:06
Essentials:

Auto box
Memory Seats for SWMBO
Heated Seats for SWMBO
Rear Sensors
Webasto
ATC
Cruise Control
Sat Nav

mach1rob
20th January 2007, 08:14
It's the little things, I could never have a car now that didn't have 4x electric windows, if we're in the 25 and one of the kids wants the window open it's a struggle to reach round. I'd also never have a car that doesn't have AC, unless there's a very good reason.

dln6376
20th January 2007, 15:27
I would have to say rear parking sensors and range info on the computer. Having said that I used to park my first R75 (Club SE) well enough which didn't have sensors.